SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-20 16:25:18

biffster

planetwatt.com web site hacked

Greetings all -

I am the admin and creator of wattOS - which is a lightweight distro based on openbox and LXDE. Been around for about 1.5 years and know a few people here in the forums (hi iggykoopa), and we are listed on Distrowatch.

This morning my website was hacked and a c99madshell script was installed. I just wanted to spread the news so if anyone goes to the site and wonders why its down. The distro is alive and well, I was releasing a new version actually next week. I am still assessing the damage, but it appears I will be nuking the entire site and starting over - so I have taken it offline and removed all files for now. I will probably get a banner placeholder up later today.

Thanks all

biff

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2009-11-20 21:55:16

iggykoopa
Script Master

Re: planetwatt.com web site hacked

Hey biff...that's a shame, did you have backups? Happy to hear the new release is coming out soon though. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may.

#3 2009-11-23 04:31:27

biffster

Well good news....the web site is back up.

I did not lose any forum data, but will need to manually move it over mad but the web site got a nice involuntary upgrade big_smile

Thanks all....biff

#4 2009-11-24 01:57:11

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Hey biff smile

Sorry to hear about your site troubles, those script kiddies can be a real PITA. Anyhow, I am glad to hear the site is back up and running.

Ex-developer of #! CrunchBang. Follow me on Twitter smile

Board footer