SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-17 02:57:20

Bearded_Blunder
#! Junkie

BL RC1 encrypted LVM

Setup on encrypted LVM doesn't appear to be offered by the installer.
Are laptop users who want this expected to go the netinstall + script route? Netinstall does offer this partitioning option.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2015-09-17 15:24:58

twoion
Emerald Caffeine

Re: BL RC1 encrypted LVM

#3 2015-09-17 19:11:49

Bearded_Blunder
#! Junkie

Last edited by Bearded_Blunder (2015-09-17 20:51:05)

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...

#4 2015-09-21 17:13:32

bradley

I'm wondering if anyone tried to install BunsenLabs on a multiboot machine with a separate boot partition having a fully encrypted logical partition (with /, home and swap)? Well, the install of the system did go fine, however it refused to install grub. Whatever I tried, it just stopped to install grub (or lilo) on "target", so basically it was not possible to boot the system afterwards.

I'm guessing it's some kind of a debian bug as there are threads about this kind of issue, but I'm not sure. Just in order to clarify: I had an empty partition, used it for having an encrypted partition via graphical install, made a logical volume group of it, having logical /, home and swap partitions on it - that's all, nothing too complicated and it went well. BUT: Why it just refused to install grub at the same time on a separate ext3 boot partition? Any experiences, any ideas?

Last edited by bradley (2015-09-21 17:14:11)

#5 2016-02-18 00:23:23

bradley

Just gave it a try out of curiosity again and now with the latest release it just did install wonderfully! After using Grub on a separate boot partition it did find all the other systems inclusive Windows. The only issue was that it said "found Vista", although it was Windows 7. If there are several vmlinuz files, Grub can get confused so the default BunsenLabs line did not work. However in the Advanced section there is the right choice and it boots as it should be. So everything works just fine, fantastic job!!!

Board footer