SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-24 15:54:21

typewriterjason
#! Junkie

[solved] Maximize windows behaviour problems

Hi all,

I've been using BL on my setup for a while, everything running well. My normal setup is to have my laptop next to the monitor on an elevated shelf (so they're almost level) and extend the display between the two monitors. I do a lot of cross-referencing of stuff so it worked well. I had an external keyboard and mouse

When I had the side-by-side setup before, with the laptop monitor on the left, Conky stayed on this screen, and the dominant Tint2 dock was over there as well, with it's wifi indicators, clipboard, volume, dropbox, etc. The secondary monitor showed the BL shortcut icons and the time, but that's about it.

Maximizing windows in either monitor worked fine, and they behaved with Tint2, maximizing to just under it's height. (Tint2 is on the top of both.)

This morning, I decided to try putting the laptop directly in front of me with the monitor above and behind. I changed the screen layout with ARandR to put the VGA monitor above, and started it up. I got the layout working okay. Conky and the dominant Tint2 seemed to go to the VGA monitor now, possibly because something (ARandR?) is giving it priority because it's above?

But when I went to maximize a window on the laptop screen, it covered everything, including the Tint2 secondary dock. Maximizing that same window on the VGA monitor had the effect of creating a thin strip of the window at the top of the laptop screen and nothing on the VGA monitor. I'll attach a multi-monitor screenshot to show you what I mean.

It seems like the maximized window, now turned into a thin strip, is measuring the the width of the VGA monitor, which is bigger than the laptop screen.

I've seen a few mentions of similar problems on the forums, but nothing that ever seemed solved.

Any thoughts?

after_maximize.png

before_maximize.png

Last edited by typewriterjason (2015-09-24 17:24:05)

Fortune favors the bold.
#! WALDORF
Asus EEEPC 1001PXD | Lenovo ThinkPad t410

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-09-24 17:23:48

typewriterjason
#! Junkie

Re: [solved] Maximize windows behaviour problems

Okay... more searching = solved my own problem. Documenting it here for anyone else who finds this.

As per this: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=21766

I turned off Tint2 for the second monitor. (In this case, the 'below' monitor which is the laptop.)

In my tint2rc:

panel_monitor = 1

instead of

panel_monitor = all

Fortune favors the bold.
#! WALDORF
Asus EEEPC 1001PXD | Lenovo ThinkPad t410

#3 2015-09-24 19:26:20

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Re: [solved] Maximize windows behaviour problems

@typewriterjason

Don't ya just love those 'hidden' (that 'hidden' of course is questionable) gems that prove we are only human?  wink

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Board footer