SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-23 12:59:24

FizzyCoffee

Bunsenlabs netinstall on ubuntu

This is just an idea that came up right now, but is it possible to install bunsenlabs on a ubuntu minimal-install, because ubuntu is based on debian, and bunsenlabs is little more than debian running a custom openbox config?

Gaming on linux tongue

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2015-09-23 14:27:06

twoion
Emerald Caffeine

Re: Bunsenlabs netinstall on ubuntu

It could work but doesn't have to; the script will warn you but you can continue.

Ubuntu does some things differently than Debian, however the script performs quite generic actions most of which have not  many reasons to not succeed on Debian-like systems.

Note that none of the actual BL stuff has been tested on Ubuntu systems, so breakage of the packages themselves might still happen. Your mileage may vary. The packages should be installable on Ubuntu Trusty and later though because we avoid using versioned dependencies wherever we can.

Besides doing the full netinstall, you could also just configure our repositories on your Ubuntu system and, after installing some kind of desktop from the Ubuntu repos, just install the BL features you want (a list of all available packages is shown in our repository index).

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

#3 2015-09-23 14:27:20

drum
#! Member

Isn't this the kind you looking for?: http://gobanglinux.org/

#4 2015-09-23 17:21:00

ostrołęk
CB Member

twoion wrote:

It could work but doesn't have to; the script will warn you but you can continue.

Note that none of the actual BL stuff has been tested on Ubuntu systems, so breakage of the packages themselves might still happen.

I had made Ubuntu 15.10 with Openbox that looks exactly same as #!, and also with Arch quite a long ago. I had a discusiion sometime ago about how to install Debian Testing using John's netinstall script. John pointed me to some more links, which also helped. I am using Testing, not Jessie in my Debian install. Even though I have looked into all BL Openbox scripts, I had only used #! scripts and changed them to suit SystemD.  Its all about Conky, Tint2 and some Compton stuff.

My Arch install was shown here; http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic. … 09#p437809

Last edited by ostrołęk (2015-09-23 17:24:04)

#5 2015-09-23 17:23:36

damo
#! gimpbanger

ostrolk wrote:

......  Its all about Conky, Tint2 and some Compton stuff.

...and some other stuff wink

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#6 2015-09-23 18:59:31

ostrołęk
CB Member

damo wrote:
ostrolk wrote:

......  Its all about Conky, Tint2 and some Compton stuff.

...and some other stuff wink

http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic. … 89#p439989

Board footer