SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#101 2015-08-28 22:27:44

damo
#! gimpbanger
From: N51.5 W002.8 (mostly)
Registered: 2011-11-24
Posts: 5,434

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:

...and there was that one tool chap who posted "The bright text color hurts my eyes!" And that bright color was... light-grey.  lol

Yeah, I remember that gave us all a laugh!


BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#102 2015-08-28 23:09:25

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:

"The bright text color hurts my eyes!" And that bright color was... light-grey.  lol

Relax ostrolk, it wasn't you ... but that was a good one light grey too bright!  lol lol  I don't change "themes" often, I like my black OB Menu my tweaked onyx theme although my wife likes some really old OB menus I did years ago ... #! Statler I think ... and she's always changing the wallpaper on me.

It's a wallpaper war here ... leave the computer for 5 minutes and "flip" ... I mean who could possibly like these themes and a squirrel wallpaper?
2015_08_28_18_42_11_Scrot11.jpg
YUK!  She likes the one on the right.


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#103 2015-08-28 23:18:10

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

@ hhh didn't you do a teal one?

2015_08_28_20_15_04_Scrot11.jpg
Problem with mine is they are all only 1/2 done...


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#104 2015-08-29 00:07:46

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod
From: A world of pure imagination
Registered: 2014-01-21
Posts: 4,797

Offline

#105 2015-08-29 01:47:06

hhh
Cityspeak
Registered: 2010-08-04
Posts: 3,253

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

ostrolk wrote:

I am not criticizing, if you were pointing at me.

Pointing? Not at all, bucko! lol All good, man.

@damo, chap, roger that.  8o

@Sector, ostrolk is relaxed, I'm the one who can get all prickly. I linked the teal one in that rant. Love the wallpaper (leaves), link please?

I might have to add "bucko" to all my posts now.


bunsenlabs     8)     forum mod squad

Offline

#106 2015-08-29 03:42:53

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:

@Sector, ostrolk is relaxed, I'm the one who can get all prickly. I linked the teal one in that rant. Love the wallpaper (leaves), link please?

Certainly: momez does some very nice stuff ... enjoy.
http://momez.deviantart.com/art/Erables-243353867


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#107 2015-08-29 03:59:15

MrDowntempo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-20
Posts: 24

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

I've only been up and running a few days. Still have a lot of tweaking to do. I need to change some coloring in tint2. I've not even begun seriously themeing my terminal, or sublime text. And I might switch filemanagers ... but so far, I'm diggin the arc theme with roboto font.

fYbS2cb.jpg

Last edited by MrDowntempo (2015-08-29 04:00:32)

Offline

#108 2015-08-29 07:51:45

ostrołęk
CB Member
Registered: 2015-08-13
Posts: 110

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:
ostrolk wrote:

I am not criticizing, if you were pointing at me.

Pointing? Not at all, bucko! lol All good, man.

@damo, chap, roger that.  8o

@Sector, ostrolk is relaxed, I'm the one who can get all prickly. I linked the teal one in that rant. Love the wallpaper (leaves), link please?

I might have to add "bucko" to all my posts now.

No worries! smile

I can recreate fog's openbox theme, but not sure how to adapt that to gtk2 and gtk3 themes. You created those BL themes. Could you tell how you did that?

PS: I don't have any theme with gtk3 folder in it, other than Adwaita, but the gtk3 folder has only one file, and that is gtk.css and has only one line.

/* Adwaita is the default theme of GTK+ 3, this file is not used */

The Openbox-3 theme changes the border and the menu area, while gtk2 theme changes the internal parts. And, that without anything in the gtk-3 folder.

Offline

#109 2015-08-29 08:04:38

damo
#! gimpbanger
From: N51.5 W002.8 (mostly)
Registered: 2011-11-24
Posts: 5,434

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

ostrolk wrote:

....
You created those BL themes. Could you tell how you did that?

Doing a good job on themes is not easy, is poorly documented and takes a lot of trial and error, so I guess the answer is "No"!

Most people seem to start by using an existing theme and editing the files.


BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

Offline

#110 2015-08-29 08:21:07

ostrołęk
CB Member
Registered: 2015-08-13
Posts: 110

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

damo wrote:
ostrolk wrote:

....
You created those BL themes. Could you tell how you did that?

Doing a good job on themes is not easy, is poorly documented and takes a lot of trial and error, so I guess the answer is "No"!

Most people seem to start by using an existing theme and editing the files.

What I meant was, which parts did you edit.

Offline

#111 2015-08-29 08:48:18

damo
#! gimpbanger
From: N51.5 W002.8 (mostly)
Registered: 2011-11-24
Posts: 5,434

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

You could take the same theme files from 2 of the BL theme directories, and diff them. That may give you pointers as to what to edit.


BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

Offline

#112 2015-08-29 13:41:46

PackRat
#! Die Hard
From: USA
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 1,572

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

@head_on_a_stick - some nice FreeBSD shots you have going. What sort of CPU temps are you getting? I had 10.2 up and running for a while but it was just idling too hot (mid 50's C).

back on topic -

debian_i3.jpg

direct link

Last edited by PackRat (2015-08-29 14:23:58)


"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Offline

#113 2015-08-29 14:13:41

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod
From: A world of pure imagination
Registered: 2014-01-21
Posts: 4,797

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

PackRat wrote:

What sort of CPU temps are you getting?

Unfortunately, I'm running it on a ThinkPad X201 and the machine has known cooling issues and is rather old (I suspect the thermal paste has deteriorated somewhat).

It idles at 70-80°C and if I try to build larger packages from ports, it will just overheat and shut down sad
EDIT: Correction: 60-70°C

I've managed to raise the fan speed using `sysctl` (which has helped a bit) but I suspect I will have to open it up and give it a clean & replace the thermal paste.

In FreeBSD's defence, the same thing happens in the Windows 7 installation that is on the hard drive -- it will shutdown in that after a few minutes of playing Quake Live (a very old and undemanding game)...

Offline

#114 2015-08-29 14:23:21

PackRat
#! Die Hard
From: USA
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 1,572

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

Thanks. Should have pointed out that I had FreeBSD installed on an HP laptop that also has a reputation for heat issues.


"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Offline

#115 2015-08-29 15:29:38

hhh
Cityspeak
Registered: 2010-08-04
Posts: 3,253

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

ostrolk wrote:

I can recreate fog's openbox theme, but not sure how to adapt that to gtk2 and gtk3 themes. You created those BL themes. Could you tell how you did that?

PS: I don't have any theme with gtk3 folder in it, other than Adwaita, but the gtk3 folder has only one file, and that is gtk.css and has only one line.
/* Adwaita is the default theme of GTK+ 3, this file is not used */

Zuh? Don't you have the dreary Bunsen themes, bucko? tongue I adapted those from The Shimmer Project's Greybird theme with the specific intention of making it easy to change the color scheme. All of the color hex-codes are at the top of the files /gtk-2.0/gtkrc and /gtk-3.0/gtk.css. The notification theme /xfce-notify-4.0 is pretty self explanatory.

Adwaita has internalized all of it's CSS because GNOME developers are a bunch of tools chaps who don't want anyone messing with their hideous precious "branding".

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Adwaita, it is so flipping white and that is just the ugliest blue to my eye. The dark theme is very nice but they made no GTK2 theme to match it and there are as many GTK2 apps in GNOME 3 as there are GTK 3 ones, so what's the point?

/opinions


bunsenlabs     8)     forum mod squad

Offline

#116 2015-08-29 20:47:11

ostrołęk
CB Member
Registered: 2015-08-13
Posts: 110

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

hhh wrote:

All of the color hex-codes are at the top of the files /gtk-2.0/gtkrc and /gtk-3.0/gtk.css.

Thanks. smile

Last edited by ostrołęk (2015-08-29 20:48:34)

Offline

#117 2015-08-30 00:26:02

Temetka
#! CrunchBanger
From: California
Registered: 2014-08-25
Posts: 179

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

BunsenLabs running on my beloved Thinkpad T410.

I really love the wallpaper, and of course this distro.

I have 2 conky's running. One that generates fortune quotes and puts them in the upper left hand corner, and of course the conky on the right that shows everything else. I have named my right hand conky "Rainbow conky" for obvious reasons.

2015_08_29_17_19_23_scrot.jpg

Offline

#118 2015-08-31 01:36:50

pingu
#! Junkie
Registered: 2014-12-05
Posts: 367

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:
PackRat wrote:

What sort of CPU temps are you getting?

Unfortunately, I'm running it on a ThinkPad X201 and the machine has known cooling issues and is rather old (I suspect the thermal paste has deteriorated somewhat).

It idles at 70-80°C and if I try to build larger packages from ports, it will just overheat and shut down sad
EDIT: Correction: 60-70°C

I've managed to raise the fan speed using `sysctl` (which has helped a bit) but I suspect I will have to open it up and give it a clean & replace the thermal paste.

In FreeBSD's defence, the same thing happens in the Windows 7 installation that is on the hard drive -- it will shutdown in that after a few minutes of playing Quake Live (a very old and undemanding game)...

sorry for the off topicness... but do you have thermald installed (or is it available/installable in freebsd?)?

These intel i laptop processors  seem to be naturally really warm, my i7 idles at high temperatures and would reach 93~ frequently under heavy load (well, used to). With thermald it doesnt' go past 87 and idles about 7-8 degrees cooler.

edit: but maybe there's too much fur stuck in the vents  wink

Last edited by pingu (2015-08-31 03:11:57)


"We don't merge kernel code just because user space was written by a retarded monkey on crack."
Linus f****g Trovalds

Offline

#119 2015-08-31 02:26:01

PackRat
#! Die Hard
From: USA
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 1,572

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

^ FreeBSD has powerd - which appears to be similar.

back on topic -

vsido_aug.jpg

direct link


"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Offline

#120 2015-08-31 10:06:18

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod
From: A world of pure imagination
Registered: 2014-01-21
Posts: 4,797

Re: August 2015 Screenshot Thread

pingu wrote:

do you have thermald installed (or is it available/installable in freebsd?)?

There is an acpi_thermal module but it doesn't work with my hardware sad

Scrot to bring this back on-topic:

screen_Fetch_2015_08_31_01_20_18.jpg

Offline

#121 2015-09-01 15:31:41

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod
From: A world of pure imagination
Registered: 2014-01-21
Posts: 4,797

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo