SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-01 00:39:57

equi
#! Member
Website

Any home audio buffs who can give some advice?

Hello you beautiful people!  I was wondering who to ask for some input then realized that there ought to be at least ONE person on here who could give input or at least point me in the right direction for advice on a home theatre system smile

I purchased my entire landlady's Polk Audio system off her for a REALLY awesome price and it includes a Harman Kardon AVR-240 receiver, 2 x Monitor 70 towers, 4 x Monitor 50 towers, two PSW10 woofers, and a CS2 centre channel.  I have a slew of cables and have realized that while I have a general idea of how to set it up, I'm pretty sure that before I proceed I should probably get a really good surge protector for the woofer at the very least.

Suffice to say, I'm going to be setting up the system in the living room as a 5.1 set up, purely because of the size of the room.  That means I'll be using both Monitor 70 towers, two of the Monitor 50 towers, one (maybe two?) of the woofers, and the centre channel.  I say maybe two of the woofers because a) there's a cable that splices the two into one input for the receiver and b) the living room is roughly 4 x 3 metres.

My landlord wired up the living room so that I don't have to run the cables above the floor for the rears which was awesome of him (he used CAT5 cables and is an electrician), so basically I just have to set things up.  I was curious what I was missing and any tips and tricks you guys had for setting this up myself!

Thanks a bunch <3

Board footer