SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#4126 2015-07-05 19:09:50

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

^ Nice article, thanks for that smile

Be excellent to each other!

#4127 2015-07-06 04:19:26

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^ +1

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
#! forum moderator    BunsenLabs

#4128 2015-07-06 21:15:15

twoion

This blog post (written in Spanish, or some other language I don't understand) illustrates our Bunsen netinstall results nicely, with a number of colourful screenshots smile

In other news, bunsen-themes is now available in SlackBuilds.

I have been working on creating f***g around with an Ubuntu PPA today (ppa:bunsen-builds). Rather than seeing an actual release, Bunsen packages are going to be built as nightly versions by a cronjob, automatically, and uploaded to the PPA. Things are a bit messy now since Launchpad doesn't want to know about the "unstable" suite, but you can  expect some experiments on this front in the future.

Last edited by twoion (2015-07-06 21:22:33)

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

#4129 2015-07-06 21:50:32

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

twoion wrote:

This blog post (written in Spanish, or some other language I don't understand) illustrates our Bunsen netinstall results nicely, with a number of colourful screenshots smile

Yup ... en español (Spanish). I left a Thank you! 

Noooooooooo Ubuntu PPA!!!!!  Nooooooooo  sad  sad  sad  sad

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#4130 2015-07-06 23:08:23

twoion

Sector11 wrote:

Noooooooooo Ubuntu PPA!!!!!  Nooooooooo  sad  sad  sad  sad

Why it's for Ubuntu users!

Nobody needs to know it works on jessie because the package names we rely on aren't changed between Debian and Ubuntu.

bunsen-themes is uploaded big_smile The rest is indefinitely postponed because I can't figure out for the love of $deity why dput won't upload bunsen-images_$version.orig.tar.gz even though it's properly listed in the .dsc and .changes file...:(

#4131 2015-07-07 00:26:36

hhh
Cityspeak

twoion wrote:

I have been working on creating f***g around with an Ubuntu PPA today (ppa:bunsen-builds). Rather than seeing an actual release, Bunsen packages are going to be built as nightly versions by a cronjob, automatically, and uploaded to the PPA. Things are a bit messy now since Launchpad doesn't want to know about the "unstable" suite, but you can  expect some experiments on this front in the future.

This is all so flippin' cool that I'm may pee myself.

bunsenlabs     8)     forum mod squad

#4132 2015-07-07 00:46:51

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

twoion wrote:

Welllll seeings how I  am running Slackware. I'll be checking this out momentary. wink

Posting results here on screenshots

Last edited by userx-bw (2015-07-07 01:23:33)

"How can you learn how to fix it, if you don't break it first? :8
"the only way to get away with murder is - by killing time" swp 1997  8o
"A computer is only as smart as the person using it"
"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

#4133 2015-07-07 03:15:54

johnraff
nullglob
Website

twoion wrote:

Very interesting! Is there anywhere in the terms of use that says it has to be for Ubuntu? Anyway, the bunsen packages are all architecture-independent and almost version-independent in their dependencies. There are one or two dependencies on Debian packages of a specific version or above, but there's a good chance that BunsenLabs might be installable on Ubuntu too...

John
--------------------

#4134 2015-07-07 05:07:13

twoion

johnraff wrote:
twoion wrote:

Very interesting! Is there anywhere in the terms of use that says it has to be for Ubuntu? Anyway, the bunsen packages are all architecture-independent and almost version-independent in their dependencies. There are one or two dependencies on Debian packages of a specific version or above, but there's a good chance that BunsenLabs might be installable on Ubuntu too...

A problem with the PPA build system in that regard is (yes, did try that first) is that the suite in the changelog (unstable, stable, testing) must be a Ubuntu suite (vivid, utopic, trust, ...) which is why the one package that's up is for vivid -- the first entry in debian/changelog must always be adapted. As of now I'm also stuck with the uploading tool (dput) as it refuses to upload one file that is definitely there. Apart from these problems, things are very simple -- upload via sftp using dput and signed during the source build by local pgp key (debuild -k$keyid). Packages are to be built+uploaded (includes *.dsc, *.changes, *.debian.tar.gz and *.orig.tar.gz, recommended tool is debuild) as source packages and built by the Launchpad server. Rejects and status messags are sent by email. No problems with package names so far, they're all equivalent between jessie and ubuntu.

For the record, I'm doing this from by ubuntu Ubuntu server which is currently running trusty (because of upload speed - 100MB/s from there vs. 0.57MB/s from home and yes all packages so far have been installable even in trusty (still using the vivid suite). The only issue ATM is the weird upload procedure, as stated.

Last edited by twoion (2015-07-07 05:10:26)

#4135 2015-07-07 16:11:51

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

Modern Greek...
jjxVGRjt.png

Please make Autocad Civil 3D and Archicad work on Linux!

#4136 2015-07-07 16:36:49

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

@ TBG ...  You slay me ...  lol  lol  lol

#4137 2015-07-07 19:05:26

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

@Teos:  I've been following the Greek financial crises with great interest.  I don't mean to offend you, but I don't understand the mentality of desiring forgiveness of existing debt, asking for the easing austerity measures, but still wanting more bailout funds.  That would be like you or me running up debt on a credit card, asking the issuer to forgive the debt, and then going out and running up the debt again.

Last edited by KrunchTime (2015-07-07 19:06:10)

Linux User #586672
Come and Die -- Kyle Idleman

#4138 2015-07-07 19:29:03

TeoBigusGeekus
#! Die Hard

KrunchTime wrote:

@Teos:  I've been following the Greek financial crises with great interest.  I don't mean to offend you, but I don't understand the mentality of desiring forgiveness of existing debt, asking for the easing austerity measures, but still wanting more bailout funds.  That would be like you or me running up debt on a credit card, asking the issuer to forgive the debt, and then going out and running up the debt again.

You know what? That's exactly what it is...
I laugh at all the analysts trying to find any sense at what Tsipras and Varoufakis have been doing, when the truth is that they haven't been doing anything at all...
Talk about political trolling... you should laugh (and we should cry  8.( )

#4139 2015-07-07 20:27:10

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

KrunchTime wrote:

That would be like you or me running up debt on a credit card, asking the issuer to forgive the debt, and then going out and running up the debt again.

in America that is called Chapter 7 or 13  It is/ was like the way of life here in this country.

I even had to file for bankruptcy once in my life and the credit card company I filed against about 3 months later sent me another already pre approved card with a nice limit already attached to it. made me scratch my head wondering why they sent me another one I didn't even ask for. Especially after I just removed myself from a huge debt from them.

( side thought, they take what that minimum payment is and apply most of it to the interest not the principle, so they make their money off of the person before said item is really paid for anyways. The long run is, they still don't lose money the other guy does.)   

even seen on TV 30 minutes a while back how this one person was living high on the hog off of bankruptcy. He'd just live off of 2 or 3 cards charged up major amounts buying BIG TVs stereos and such most everything he could, then file for bankruptcy, get to keep about half of it, then a few months later go back at it again.

the American Dollar is just a piece of paper with a number on it. the paper itself is worth more then the number printed on it really. the copper penny in America. Copper is worth more per pound then then the penny itself. this is why America no longer makes solid copper pennies any more, Instead they are lightly coated with copper with some kind of non magnetic alloy to make up the rest of it.

the ero is / was a bad idea just to try and  make this the Illuminati and One World Government thing come true in their own way .....

that's just a theory but just the same it does have hints of truth within it. why would someone or ones want to try and get many countries all using the same "money"?

Last edited by userx-bw (2015-07-07 20:30:38)

"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

#4140 2015-07-07 22:04:34

twoion

Many actors are to blame for what has been and is being done about the financial and, as of late, the Greek fiscal crisis. This is just what happens when you provide the banksters and private lenders with 100% water-tight money back guarantees. The private debt held by private lenders should have never been converted into public debt held by public entities.

„The Eurozone Crisis: Greece's Gambit“

gLMumfDb.png

#4141 2015-07-07 22:19:38

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

From my cousin ... this could be her. Sweet thing that she is...

Older Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?

Traffic Cop: Yes ma'am, I'm afraid you were speeding.

Older Woman: Oh, I see.

Traffic Cop: Can I see your license please?

Older Woman: Well, I would give it to you but I don't have one.

Traffic Cop: Don't have one?

Older Woman: No. I lost it 4 years ago for drunk driving.

Traffic Cop: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.

Older Woman: I can't do that.

Traffic Cop: Why not?

Older Woman: I stole this car.

Traffic Cop: Stole it?

Older Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.

Traffic Cop: You what!?

Older Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.

The traffic cop looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car while calling for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

2nd Officer: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please!

The woman steps out of her vehicle.

Older Woman: Is there a problem sir?

2nd Officer: My colleague here tells me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.

Older Woman: Murdered the owner? Are you serious?!

2nd Officer: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

2nd Officer: Is this your car, ma'am?

Older Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers.

The traffic cop is quite stunned.

2nd Officer: My colleague claims that you do not have a driving license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer.

The officer examines the license quizzically.

2nd Officer: Thank you ma'am, but I am puzzled, as I was told by my officer here that you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner!

Older Woman: Bet the lying bastard told you I was speeding, too!

If  you want to brighten someone's day, pass this on to someone you  know.
So there ya go cuz ... I just did!!!

#4142 2015-07-08 03:36:07

NewCityVegas
Resident Tech Reporter
Website

userx-bw wrote:

even seen on TV 30 minutes a while back how this one person was living high on the hog off of bankruptcy. He'd just live off of 2 or 3 cards charged up major amounts buying BIG TVs stereos and such most everything he could, then file for bankruptcy, get to keep about half of it, then a few months later go back at it again.

Months? I don't think so.

In the USA, you can file Chapter 13 every six years or Chapter 7 every eight years.

If you file a Chapter 13, you can file a new Chapter 7 after four years.

============= You are the dreamer - and the dream =============

gooplusplus.com (goo++) --- compact web tools and 250+ internet radio stations

#4143 2015-07-08 05:15:20

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

userx-bw wrote:

The sad part is we all end up paying for stuff like that via higher prices.

=== Mod Notice ===
Post edited to remove religious content that is not to be discussed here.

This thread has been closed for a few days and will be opened shortly
Please have respect for others thought and refrain from religion/religious talk

Last edited by Sector11 (2015-07-19 17:56:43)

Linux User #586672

#4144 2015-07-08 06:35:21

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

=== Mod Notice ===

Please have respect for others thought and refrain from religion/religious talk.

Last edited by Sector11 (2015-07-19 17:57:11)

#4145 2015-07-08 06:36:26

johnraff
nullglob
Website

How is it evil for people to want a United States of Europe when there's been a United States of America for quite a while? A Federal government, one currency...

I know to this day there are some Americans who don't care for that system, but the majority seem to go along with it.

The problems facing humanity have now got so big that eventually there will have to be a United States of the World of course.

Back to Europe - yes there have been some implementation issues...

John
--------------------

#4146 2015-07-09 00:50:59

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

@johnraff:  You've been primed for a one world ruler.  If all of the world's current leaders can't solve all the problems, how can you believe that one person could?  Of course, I'm not saying he will not try.  One government and one currency will easily enable dictatorial power.

=== Mod Notice ===

Please have respect for others thought and refrain from religion/religious talk.

Last edited by Sector11 (2015-07-19 17:58:06)

Linux User #586672

#4147 2015-07-09 02:09:49

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

KrunchTime wrote:
userx-bw wrote:

The sad part is we all end up paying for stuff like that via higher prices.

userx-bw wrote:

the ero is / was a bad idea just to try and  make this the Illuminati and One World Government thing come true in their own way .....

that's just a theory but just the same it does have hints of truth within it. why would someone or ones want to try and get many countries all using the same "money"?

redacted

why prices get raised: in America Anytime we go into some kind of recession they raise the prices it is just the Gov trying to show the rest of the world that we are still the riches country in the world, land of milk and honey. blah blah blah

=== Mod Notice ===

#4148 2015-07-09 02:20:59

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

johnraff wrote:

How is it evil for people to want a United States of Europe when there's been a United States of America for quite a while? A Federal government, one currency...

I know to this day there are some Americans who don't care for that system, but the majority seem to go along with it.

The problems facing humanity have now got so big that eventually there will have to be a United States of the World of course.

Back to Europe - yes there have been some implementation issues...

America is one big piece of land stuck together , its been untied sense almost the very beginning, whereas the others one needs a boat to get to them. they've all been their own entity for so long, now trying to tie them together just by using money, its like a woman marring the man for his paycheck? it never really works out in the end.

Like America trying to provide health care for everyone now it is a little late in the game to do so. America is broke.
whereas the other countries that this over all health care for everyone seem to have it set up properly.

.... I'm in a I got a go hurry so not well thought out response. sorry

#4149 2015-07-09 03:20:27

Anaconda
crypto-anarchist

I have been reading some of the comments regarding the money problems in Greece and the rest of the world that were prompted by this link posted by twoion. Unfortunately none of it addresses the core of the problem, which is the manner in which money is created by private banks, and the way it is introduced into the economy as debt with interest attached. No proposed solutions to the worlds economic problems that do not take this into account will ever solve anything.

For anyone interested in learning more see the following.
For general info. http://positivemoney.org/

To see the short version of what Iceland is looking at see this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TMcGb3bW-k
For the report spoken of in the video. http://www.forsaetisraduneyti.is/media/ … reform.pdf

“The university is well structured, well tooled, to turn out people with all the sharp edges worn off...." Mario Savio
"Protections for anonymous speech are vital to democratic discourse". Help enforce our right to free and anonymous speech by taking the Tor challenge.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#4150 2015-07-09 03:52:28

intoCB
Scatweasel

^We can discuss changes to the international monetary system once Greece starts collecting taxes from its rich ship builders and its rich clergy. While it refuses to collect available money on its territory, why should other EU citizens be further burdened?

Board footer