SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-22 17:06:27

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

Does anyone know if the mod will

deleted this post because I already found the answer to the orginal question -- putting in for a delete me to MOD

Last edited by userx-bw (2015-05-22 17:19:36)

"How can you learn how to fix it, if you don't break it first? :8
"the only way to get away with murder is - by killing time" swp 1997  8o
"A computer is only as smart as the person using it"
"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-05-22 17:33:02

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Re: Does anyone know if the mod will

@userx-bw -- these forums do not exist solely for your benefit.

Did it occur to you that other forum members (and lurkers) may find your question relevant to their situation and for those people the solution you have found would be very useful?

This is from the Arch forum's Etiquette page but I believe the principle applies just as well here:

Life is a two-way street

A simple, yet profound and undeniable truth. Ensure your thread includes details and information that others will find useful. Share your findings with the community. Share your failures as well. Posting the equivalent of "Nevermind, I fixed it." in your thread or deleting your own posts for similar reasons is not only selfish and useless to the community, but a complete waste of resources and everyone's time. Also, demanding help or showing an obvious impatience toward getting it is unwanted here. Arch is provided by a community of volunteers. Arch users are strongly encouraged to do research, make an effort, report back in the thread, help others, get involved, and contribute to the community.

Please do not be a "help vampire".

Last edited by Head_on_a_Stick (2015-05-22 17:33:26)

#3 2015-05-22 17:49:22

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

@userx-bw -- these forums do not exist solely for your benefit.

Did it occur to you that other forum members (and lurkers) may find your question relevant to their situation and for those people the solution you have found would be very useful?

This is from the Arch forum's Etiquette page but I believe the principle applies just as well here:

Life is a two-way street

A simple, yet profound and undeniable truth. Ensure your thread includes details and information that others will find useful. Share your findings with the community. Share your failures as well. Posting the equivalent of "Nevermind, I fixed it." in your thread or deleting your own posts for similar reasons is not only selfish and useless to the community, but a complete waste of resources and everyone's time. Also, demanding help or showing an obvious impatience toward getting it is unwanted here. Arch is provided by a community of volunteers. Arch users are strongly encouraged to do research, make an effort, report back in the thread, help others, get involved, and contribute to the community.

Please do not be a "help vampire".

it was an important question for me but as I had discovered the answer to me question just moments lter thus making this post a waste of not only space but of time to even bother reading what it was about, that is why I just sent it to a mod in asking him to just delete it -- there it was out of concideration of all the others even you that I did this big_smile

edit:
it was just a question on how I could get a obsolete Operating system  on an ISO so I could experiment with it --A:  torrents

Last edited by userx-bw (2015-05-22 17:54:17)

"Just plug it in and see if it blows up, if not then take it apart and figure out how it works."

#4 2015-05-22 17:52:21

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Are you trying to wind me up?

Post your original question and the answer you found.

#5 2015-05-22 17:55:27

userx-bw
#! Die Hard

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

Are you trying to wind me up?

Post your original question and the answer you found.

I stuck it in an edit -- I do supppose while you where writing this

it was just a question on how I could get a obsolete (DEBIAN) Operating system  prior to ver 8 on an ISO so I could experiment with it --A:  torrents

#6 2015-05-22 17:56:34

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

Thank you.

Board footer