SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-03-17 20:46:51

boromeus
#! Junkie

Re: Linux Foundation Begins Clampdown on Torvalds?

^
Yup.

Be excellent to each other!

#52 2015-03-18 02:56:35

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

+1000 Geezer, at least would find it refreshing, rather than the brainwashed nonsense that passes for reasoning here in the states. MUCH would prefer people not the lost in space or hamstrung and castrated creatures that commonly pass for American's.

At least sincerely hope it hasn't gotten this bad in many other places in the world. Kinda come to consider it like "the emperor's new clothes" story, though in the story the adults were only pretending the guy wasn't naked, because they were scared. Present dy, it's like people have been so brainwashed to be tarded, that they actually do think the rulers are wearing clothes and that those garments are really nice threads.

A child can still see how ridiculous things are in reality though. At least until/unless they get reconditioned through all the programming channels in place. In which case they'll join the ranks of the braindead PC-zombies and just become another zombie-drone.

When comes to Linus T ... personally do approve of the guys style. Seems like much of the controversy surrounding his so called "misbehaviors" or offensive acts is drastically blown out of proportion anyway. Shiny happy zombies being fullachit and really just whiney, crappy fektards holding hands. Pretty much just another dy thing.

Fortunately LT doesn't seem to care or pay much attention to their tarded whining, bytching etc etc and keeps doing it the way he thinks best. Like when he flipped Nvidia da bird. If someone follows up, they'll see that Nvidia stepped up it's game and is said to have started doing more to work w gnu/Linux as a result. So nixers everywhere get a better video experience if they've got Nvidia. Not to mention at the time of that "incident" it's noted the majority of the audience broke into laughter and applauds.

Further follow up, discovered LT later giving Nvidia a *thumbs up. Cbiz conclusion ... 1 Linus torvalds is worth more than 10 zillion PC zombies. Well actually 10 zillion of those suckers is a horrible thought, so the above comparison not really a good one. big_smile

So lemme try again, 1 L Torvalds is worth exactly 1 Linus T, thank de gawds for people like him !

Vll!

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#53 2015-03-18 12:44:08

g33zr
#! Die Hard

Apropos Finland Swedes, my stepmother's parents were from Aland, an archipelago between Sweden and Finland. They referred to themselves as "Swedes." When they immigrated to the States in the early 1900s, they held Finnish passports, but if you told "Mormor" that made her a Finn, she got very indignant. With her eyes blazing, she'd retort emphatically, "I am NOT a Finn, I'm a Swede!" I also recall her muttering something about the stupid people on Aland were Finns but the smart ones were Swedes.  yikes  And that was that. When they settled in an area just south of Boston, MA, they lived in a community made up of both Finland Swedes (aka Swedish Finns) and Finns.

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

#54 2015-03-18 14:00:48

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Edited for soapboxishness ...

Got it ! Am a Babblanian. big_smile

Vll!

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-03-18 14:55:39)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#55 2015-03-19 15:19:02

g33zr
#! Die Hard

Hey CBiz, if you're a Babblanian, is the language you speak and write--e.g. azzhats, fullachit fektards, etc.--also Babblanian, or should we call is CBizSpeak?  ]:D

Last edited by g33zr (2015-03-19 15:19:27)

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

#56 2015-03-19 16:51:49

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

:lol:Geezer:lol:

Tis my native tongue  o course fellow nixer. tongue

For topic of thread, think it's clear LTorvalds is realistically beyond getting clamped down upon, buncha reasons. Clear I personally approve of how he operates too. Guy's no dummy, by any stretch. So ...

VlLT!

#57 2015-03-25 22:12:06

bl4h

pvsage wrote:

It should be noted that the article linked to by OP is an op-ed piece and not unbiased journalism. angel  I agree with some points made, especially the pointlessness of the Keanu film reference, but I...well, I'll just echo Torvald's response.  "Let's see how this works."

Hmm, did you follow the "White Rabbit" & see Morpheus?

http://morpheus.2f30.org/

Morpheus Maintainers wrote:

No systemd and rabbit hole!

Differance between there distribution and GNU/Linux??? Maybe it's that fact it's compiled against MUSL LibC instead of GLibC?!!

After-all one use's "ToyBox" and the other uses "BusyBox"...

pvsage wrote:

The kernel by itself is of little use to end users, and the operating system can't communicate with the hardware without the kernel.  Ergo, GNU/Linux.

Yeah how about that, the GNU compiler.. It has such a sweet track record for being bug free and when FLTK or C++ was introduced back in 1984 (Orwell) we all sat there listening to the dude waffle on about how Posix & C++ was going to be "Vunderbar!"

An if you cant read the source code easily, appart from 3 kernel hackers maintaining an entire code base over one million lines long, cross compiled, dynamicly linked, when the original Unix maintainer's where themselves quoted as having said "the biggest mistake we made was SET UID & GUID!" then I guess the issue is do you trust it?

I mean if we're talking vulnerabilities then you've only got to cast your mind back to the year 2000 and buffer overflow in libsecure (NSA Security-enhanced Linux) but never fear, mandatory access control's in your kernel with SET UID & GUID and (Recieve Signal Line Detect) STTY sitting on ring 0 with it's modem baud rate and line number is all about making the world a safer place, right? I mean it's not as if people just couldnt do that for themselves a long time ago by ditching the GLibC and crappy desktops like Unity opting for light-weight if it aint broken dont try to fix it mentality.

Can't say I blame corenominal for ditching first Ubuntu & now walking away from Debian too, after all they're both maintained by a$$-hats that want to put there OS into telephones! (Android & Touch) also I loved reading some of the earlier comments by people defending android with evagalistic repose in other posts on this board, dude, one thing to ask you? Have you actually unlocked your android device and watched what it does, have you examined your SET UID, if you had you'd understand a hell of a lot better why your device has a RSA security certificate tagged as "Government Root Certification Authority!"

But all the general public hears is "blah, blah & blah, we're working on getting it right and we've chosen the Linux kernel to do it, back-door's no we use front door's all those talks of malware and cross site scripting are purely hyperthetical, we dont do that!"

(sigh) they should talk to the hand, because the rest of the computer science community isnt listening, unless of course they want to bring up the subject of the transistor radio and the bell-labs patent? Your Gnu/Linux OS is classed as Unix-Like, so go figure out what Unix-Like means before you start to praise the crap out of the GNU... Here's a Linus quote "I dont know what you think you where doing, but it wasnt security, it was masterbation!" cool

Last edited by bl4h (2015-03-25 22:24:24)

#58 2015-03-25 22:23:18

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy
Website

And this is relevant how..? hmm Great way to make an introduction! In fact, why don't you do just that next?

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

#59 2015-03-25 22:26:33

bl4h

Unia wrote:

And this is relevant how..? hmm Great way to make an introduction! In fact, why don't you do just that next?

Old crunchbangers dont need an intro-duct-ion I've been using this distro for years, until my eye's where opened and lets face it, when you've got a load of bad guys telling everybody else to use Ubuntu LTS as "it's the most secure thing ever!" then yeah, something smell's fishy. wink (Maybe it's shuttleworths pants!)

Ubuntu try's far too hard to emulate the android community, app's that want to bleed the privacy out of the end users... Via Amazon and Adobe, bit like Akamai technology with Windows...

After GCC 4.2 things started to get funky - I mean really funky with that compiler, so here's a thought, find another distro with an alternative compiler and find another kernel... Want one compiled against MUSL and BusyBox that use's APK's for it's package management, then check out Alpine Linux (& goes without saying that's still the default SSH password to every apple device in existance!) know kernel hacking? Then you too can appreciate how even Ubuntu has ditched AppArmor in favor of more security enhanced flavor along with Gentoo... Let's all thank god the world is not just Microsoft, BSD & Linux that would be a Monopoly!

LoL  ]:D

Before you rush off to buy a data-cable you might want to check that it's 1> Not an ARM device and 2> Not running Lollipop, because with the advance of Lollipop aka: Android 5.0 google has now created a Lock-in with SELinux whereby you the end user, slash prospective developer can no longer unlock your device and if you want to make "shuttleworth" really uncomfortable just ask him about ARPANet and 9Buntu!

What will eventually come out in the wash is that people are just sick and tired of Big Buisness thinking that they can keep pushing buggy borked and broken crap on everybody else, when there are tried and tested proven alternatives that work and are secure by design, so if on one hand you get a load of guys that want to rub there festering idea's of what make's a good distribution that they can try to market and sell whilst mixing it with another load of anal retentive idiots the final picture just is never pretty! People are just sick and tired of seeing the word's update this package or donate to the FSF, how long are people expected to donate to the fund of "Fix our leaky church roof?" until we can all expect to reap the rewards of all those donations?

Last edited by bl4h (2015-03-25 23:24:03)

#60 2015-03-25 23:21:41

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^Stop butchering the English lang and side-tracking the thread w unrelated, incomprehensible crazy talk ! That's my job dude ! Are ya trying to put me outta bizness !?!?!?!?

OT: Imo Linus Torvalds is a full fledged Nix-ninja and a kernel dev pimp. VlLT x2 ! tongue

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-03-25 23:22:13)

#61 2015-03-25 23:26:45

bl4h

CBizgreat! wrote:

^Stop butchering the English lang and side-tracking the thread w unrelated, incomprehensible crazy talk ! That's my job dude ! Are ya trying to put me outta bizness !?!?!?!?

OT: Imo Linus Torvalds is a full fledged Nix-ninja and a kernel dev pimp. VlLT x2 ! tongue

Lol, Linus hasnt touched his own Kernel in years and whats more I remember when it was only a few KB in size and ran under MSDOS.

It's all in his own quotes:

C++ is a fsck'ing horrible language..
Java is sh**..
A happy day is when people remove stuff from my Kernel..
All SoC developers should die a slow and painful death!

O:)

Not forgetting my personal favorite when he first laid eye's on Gnome 3 (Gnome Shell) "What is this crazy retarded sh**"

Last edited by bl4h (2015-03-25 23:28:17)

#62 2015-03-25 23:52:57

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Alright ... were warned. FSCK U DUDE !

Mostly messing round, couldn't let these joke opportunities pass unjoked. tongue

#63 2015-03-25 23:58:21

bl4h

CBizgreat! wrote:

Alright ... were warned. FSCK U DUDE !

Mostly messing round, couldn't let these joke opportunities pass unjoked. tongue

I nearly forgot the best quote by far: "The HURD developers are a perfect example for your children of why it's a bad idea to legalise Marijuana!" (c) Linus Torvalds

Something tell's me Linus discovered the MUSL LibC library years ago and suddenly realised, that if all your software worked, flawlessly, then nobody would buy any update's, nobody would pay 50 to 60k per annum to hire some *Nix guru to come along and fix all there programming woe's and nobody would buy the latest incarnation of Windows 10 when they can just swap over to using a desktop with DWM or WMII instead and have a compiler that didnt fart bugs into the code!

Last edited by bl4h (2015-03-26 00:07:16)

Board footer