SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#476 2015-02-19 05:44:23

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

Hmmmm one of the inherent traits a Nix Jedi should seek to devel are keen powers of observation and just when I thought I was making progress in this discipline, noticed something. WTF happened to the #! forum layout !?!??! tongue Am going to have to visit browser shots to see if my browser has just gone all tarded and scrambled everything or if everyone is seeing this too.

Come to think of it, that's a pretty fair comparison, looks like a scrambled egg forum .. lol. If my browser hasn't lost it's friggin mind and this is the actual new layout. I'd like to respectfully request a babble sub-section be added. Just in case it's not jumbled and confusing enough.

This is both tongue in cheek but half sincerely posted babble. Vll!

Yep after-thought ...

Looks like someone crammed 3-4 ... possibly in some way related forums together. #! Statler ? This has what to do with #! being discontinued and transitioning into Debian Jessie ? Btw: This is not at all a criticism of the #!-Mods. These folks have dedication and devotion like no other. Also have more direct access to da mighty Core. Just wondering if this is a trial/error attempt or how it's going to be thing.

Oh yeah and a Chuck Norris sub-section. Logically think this should be divided along summin like the following lines. The young ( grossly hairy) CN section, middle aged walker texas ranger ( must've started waxing ) CN section and the Old ( but can still probably kick all our azzes) CN section. tongue

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-02-19 06:21:04)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#477 2015-02-19 14:02:47

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Babble subsection is down the hall on the left -- you'll know the room when you see the figure of a little "spittoon" on the door.  lol  lol  lol  lol

Otherwise just carry on with the new look.   wink

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#478 2015-02-20 02:22:56

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^LMAO Sector ... hey, now we're talking ! smile

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#479 2015-02-20 02:48:37

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Ahhhhhhh I take it you found it.  Nothing like makin' a guy feel at home.  cool

#480 2015-02-20 17:53:28

vrkalak
#! Die Hard

Sector11 wrote:

Babble subsection is down the hall on the left -- you'll know the room when you see the figure of a little "spittoon" on the door.  lol  lol  lol  lol

Otherwise just carry on with the new look.   wink

Sector11, I thought this was the ol' farts room - er, .... ah, old Over-the-Hill-Gang room ??

I am so, confused ... tongue

Registered Linux User: #497030
my DeviantART page
-- #!Crunchbang- Sid "Animal"  (Fluxbox) -- LMDE Fluxbox Edition -- Manjaro-Fluxbox --

#481 2015-02-20 19:19:23

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

lol  lol  There's a fresh pot of java on over in the OTHCG thread ... follow your nose.  Never get lost that way ... unless of course they're brewing a pot in the clubhouse as well. 

Decisions decisions ... Coin toss time ... {flip ....}

#482 2015-02-28 20:14:03

johnnyrotten

To all intents and purposes I am a new user. I used to post here a few years ago but forgot my forum name etc etc it was so long ago.
i just thought I would say that to my way of thinking the crunchbang community is brilliantly always on topic. Any google search about openbox immediately leads me to crunchbang forums or wiki.
Some light relief is needed in any community, wow it must take several years to get 15,000 posts under your belt here but some forum members have that. Crunchbang is one of the most respected distros out there and its knowledge-base (YOU) are always on topic. So I think that the issue is do you have a place where you can discuss other things or not?
OK imagine I have 20,000 posts to my name and end up in a discussion about how i used to trip out on ecstasy and do the computer technology for Daft Punk. is that bad that I mentioned drugs? Is it just part of the truth about who I am? any community needs a free and open discussion lounge

Last edited by johnnyrotten (2015-02-28 20:15:30)

#483 2015-02-28 20:22:23

Head_on_a_Stick
CatMod

johnnyrotten wrote:

To all intents and purposes I am a new user. I used to post here a few years ago but forgot my forum name etc etc it was so long ago.
i just thought I would say that to my way of thinking the crunchbang community is brilliantly always on topic. Any google search about openbox immediately leads me to crunchbang forums or wiki.
Some light relief is needed in any community, wow it must take several years to get 15,000 posts under your belt here but some forum members have that. Crunchbang is one of the most respected distros out there and its knowledge-base (YOU) are always on topic. So I think that the issue is do you have a place where you can discuss other things or not?
OK imagine I have 20,000 posts to my name and end up in a discussion about how i used to trip out on ecstasy and do the computer technology for Daft Punk. is that bad that I mentioned drugs? Is it just part of the truth about who I am? any community needs a free and open discussion lounge

Please don't talk about illicit substance abuse -- this is supposed to be a family-friendly forum.

We have the rather excellent Completely Off-Topic Chat thread.
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=33674

#484 2015-02-28 23:40:15

pvsage
Internal Affairs

johnnyrotten wrote:

Everybody has a history, and that contributes to who they are today.  As long as simply saying "I used to do X" doesn't become an "OMG this drug is so awesome everybody should try it" kind of thing, I think it should be OK for people to talk about their past.

#485 2015-02-28 23:56:16

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Just bear in mind anybody can read this stuff, and the internet is not as anonymous as we tend to think. (For anyone who has things in their past they'd just as soon some people didn't know about...)

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
#! forum moderator    BunsenLabs

#486 2015-03-01 00:19:50

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ Excellent point.  General rule of thumb is, if you don't want your parents to know about it and you wouldn't want a 5-year-old child reading it, you shouldn't post it.

#487 2015-03-01 01:38:13

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

^^ and ^ are both "sage" advice.

Board footer