SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-11 08:40:25

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Wally - a Waldorf replica on a Jessie netinstall

NOTE:

This was a development tool, and has now been superseded by the BunsenLabs releases for anyone except those who want to experiment.

PART 1

So many people are buiding their crunchy respins of Debian Jessie or Sid - these are exciting times!

NOTE If you're already happy with the basic idea here and just want to go through the steps, then see the CheatSheet.

Anyway, here I've tried to document a bit the process I've just been through to get a basic netinstall of Debian Jessie into something very close to #! Waldorf in both appearance and functions. At the same time, trying to keep things as clean and simple as possible, avoiding bringing in too much cruft. It shouldn't be too hard to try it yourself and improve it...

It's name is Wally, to distinguish it from the "real" distro that should emerge from this community in due course - BunsenLabs. Wally is really a sort of development tool.

This is not an "official" Crunchbang Forums Community release.

I'm doing this on a virtual machine, but there's no reason why a direct install should be any more difficult, except that to get files into your system you'll have to download them from somewhere, at least until you can mount usb sticks.

The essence of CrunchBang is not really in the .iso file - that's more the vehicle for installation - it's the .deb files in the Crunchbang repositories. You can find them here. We don't need many of them, but you can use wget to download the ones you need. You can open a deb file with a standard archiving app to see what's inside.

OK, first do a Debian Netinstall.
Get the iso file here: https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ under the section "netinst (generally 150-280 MB) CD images".

During the install, to get sudo powers, leave the root password blank. At the end of the process when you're offered desktop environments to install, deselect everything except "standard system utilities".

Now at the command line, let's do

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install policykit-1

With polkit installed you can do

systemctl poweroff

to shutdown without sudo. (You'll need to do one reboot first.) Systemd makes some things easy. smile

Now some installs needed for the usual CrunchBang-style interface. I've got most of this from cb-metapackage while looking up dependencies and checking changes from wheezy to jessie. If you think certain packages should be added or dropped from the list, please say.

Recommends - this is a tricky subject. Sometimes you might miss something needed by installing with --no-install-recommends but OTOH sometimes, especially with Gnome or KDE apps, allowing recommends to come in (this is the default Debian behaviour) will bring a whole bunch of stuff you don't want, that might even mess up your system. You can do an apt-get dry run with the -s ("simulate") option to see what would happen, and make your decision.

First, since we're using the "testing" repositories there is a chance of bugs coming in now and then.
This is optional, but if you want to keep track of the buggy packages coming in, you can do this:

sudo apt-get install apt-listbugs

apt-listbugs will warn us if something looks dodgy.
From this point on any bugs will show up when you install an app and you will have an opportunity to back out and put that app on hold then continue. (Of course, during your initial install there will be no package on your system to hold, so you'll just have to accept the install, bugs or not.)

'sudo apt-mark hold packagename' will hold that package so that when you do an upgrade, it will be kept on the current version while everything else gets upgraded. When the bug on that package seems to have been fixed, you can do 'sudo apt-mark unhold packagename' and it will be free to be upgraded.

Sector11's "hold/unhold" aliases - work with multiple names as well:

alias hld='echo "alias hld = sudo apt-mark hold app_name" ; sudo apt-mark hold'
alias unhld='echo "alias unhld = sudo apt-mark unhold app_name" ; sudo apt-mark unhold'

sample:

$ hld thunar medit
alias hld = sudo apt-mark hold app_name
[sudo] password for sector11: 
thunar set on hold.
medit set on hold.
####
$ unhld thunar medit
alias unhld = sudo apt-mark unhold app_name
Canceled hold on thunar.
Canceled hold on medit.

OK let's get going.
Get X:

sudo apt-get install xorg

Now the raw necessities:

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends openbox obconf thunar

Now you can start openbox with

startx

but it will only be a blank screen. However, the tiny right-click menu lets you call up any number of terminals, so you can start thunar there if you want. More useful, if you install a browser at this point you should be able to navigate to this page on the forums and copy-paste the remaining commands from there to a terminal - save some typing. cool
The choice of browser is yours: iceweasel, midori, netsurf, dillo... whatever.
Whatever you choose it will probably bring in what looks like an incredible list of dependencies, but don't worry too much - most of that stuff will be coming in anyway, later down the road.

sudo apt-get install iceweasel

(or whatever browser)

EDIT one more thing - you'll probably have only the "main" section enabled in your /etc/apt/sources.list Some packages will be coming from "contrib", so we need to edit that file.

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list-orig
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Add

contrib non-free

to the end of each line that ends in 'main'. Then 'sudo apt-get update' to get the new packages indexed.
If you can copy-paste, you could try these commands instead:

sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list-orig
sed -r 's/(^deb [^ ]*)( jessie | jessie-updates | jessie\/updates | jessie-backports ).*$/\1\2 main contrib non-free/g' /etc/apt/sources.list-orig | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list >/dev/null
sudo apt-get update

Network

sudo apt-get install wireless-tools firmware-linux firmware-iwlwifi firmware-ralink firmware-ipw2x00 firmware-realtek intel-microcode amd64-microcode 
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends network-manager-{gnome,openvpn-gnome,pptp-gnome,vpnc-gnome}

System Tools

sudo apt-get install e2fsprogs xfsprogs reiserfsprogs reiser4progs jfsutils ntfs-3g fuse gvfs gvfs-fuse fusesmb

Core Desktop

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends lightdm obmenu desktop-base tint2 clipit suckless-tools gmrun nitrogen hsetroot conky-all compton terminator

Utilities

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends geany viewnior synaptic lxappearance xfce4-notifyd libnotify-bin gksu zenity arandr xinput xsel xdotool htop fbxkb scrot thunar-volman python-xdg flashplugin-nonfree gnome-keyring libpam-gnome-keyring xfce4-screenshooter xscreensaver ntp curl gparted file-roller gdebi

Graphics

sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends fonts-dejavu fonts-droid fonts-freefont-ttf fonts-liberation ttf-mscorefonts-installer dmz-cursor-theme gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbuf gtk2-engines

OK that's just the basic stuff, we still have the configuration, wallpaper, themes etc to do, but I'm going to take a break here. More soon.

Now LightDM is installed, if you do a restart you'll be greeted by a graphical login screen that looks pretty much like Slim, with a couple of extra bits in the corner.

edit: You might well find that if you try to use gksu to open synaptic or geany you get prompted for the root password instead of your own. Run these commands to get a sudo-style gksu:

# make sure gksu runs in sudo mode
sudo update-alternatives --set libgksu-gconf-defaults /usr/share/libgksu/debian/gconf-defaults.libgksu-sudo
sudo update-gconf-defaults

Last edited by johnraff (2015-09-17 08:45:34)

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
#! forum moderator    BunsenLabs

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-02-11 10:41:03

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Re: Wally - a Waldorf replica on a Jessie netinstall

^ Looks like a kickbutt start to me. Since believe have learned a bit about you/John, the person behind the tute wouldn't be overly concerned w the quality of the info provided. Consistent quality nixer = consistent qual info in my mind. So am confident the end result here will be highest quality too.

Just a random thought, personally not sure about incorporating a reliance on the #! repo's specifically. Meaning not sure how long that repo ( or the packages involved will remain available.) Probably indefinitely ... probably or probably indefinitely aren't some of my favorite words when counting on summin, it's better by far than no way in hell though. smile

Is definitely not a criticism, really even a suggestion, only a random thought that came to mind. Setting up a Debian netinstall to be very like #! in my experience isn't tough. Here's a fun thread that's sorta related. When ran the app vrms, mines @ post #25.

That was a custom Debian netinstall ( pretty sure it was Squeeze, due to the date.) and was for all intents and purposes a #! clone, though not exact. Meaning of course I hadn't installed apps/utils I didn't want and had substituted other stuff found in #! ootb with the apps I preferred. Didn't have #! branding etc etc. Wound up w 864 packages and that was w/o even paying attention to no-recommends etc.

Which is a good idea and in good hands with Johnraff. Look forward to seeing this progress, seeing any feedback or if you share your findings and will definitely learn something from this.

Viva la Johnraff ! smile

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-02-11 10:44:53)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#3 2015-02-11 11:42:58

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@John:  Looks like you have a great start there!  When you feel you have something ready for the populace, could you post the details here so we have them all in one thread?

#4 2015-02-11 14:02:43

johnraff
nullglob
Website

The final thing, minus all the extra apps, is actually pretty much done, but it will take tomorrow morning to write it up intelligeably...
Looks a lot like Waldorf, works like Waldorf, tastes like Waldorf...

@Seabiscuit thanks for the kind words! Do not intend to rely on the #! repos. I've downloaded some stuff from them, picked it apart, tweaked some of it... For now I'm going to suggest just using a few selected #! debs that work as-is and 3 or 4 customized TinkerBox versions, installed locally (from a local repository - that's coming in part 2) but the choice of whether to bring in a bunch of config files and scripts as .debs or just to copy them into the system can be made later on. There's also faenza-crunchbang-icon-theme which I rather like, and have a local copy of, and cb-wallpapers, of which I like "velvet noise" but there is plenty of nice wallpaper in the world...

Anyway, no, no CrunchBang repository will be added.

John
--------------------

#5 2015-02-12 03:35:52

johnraff
nullglob
Website

PART 2

Well part 1 was pretty boring, but now it gets a bit more interesting. First, we're going to set up a local apt repository. This is just somewhere to drop downloaded .deb files so that they can be installed the usual way with apt-get - cleaner and simpler than dpkh -i or even gdebi. It's not hard:

sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev

This also provides some tools we can use for picking apart .deb files and rebuilding them, if that kind of thing appeals to you... hmm.png

sudo mkdir -p /var/local/debs

/var/local/debs is our repo. Anywhere is OK, but it might be best if it belongs to root.

Now add this at the end of /etc/apt/sources.list

# local debs
deb file:///var/local/debs ./

Later we'll need to create a Packages.gz file. Just a minute.

OK lets get some debs. First, there are a few we can use as-is from the Waldorf repo:

mkdir -p ~/downloads/debs 
wget -nd -P ~/downloads/debs http://packages.crunchbang.org/waldorf/pool/main/{cb-lock_0.01_all.deb,cb-tint2_0.01_all.deb,crunchbang-wallpapers_1.0-1_all.deb,faenza-crunchbang-icon-theme_1.2-crunchang1_all.deb}

Now, there were some other packages there that needed hacking a bit. Leaving aside the question of how we're ultimately going to install config files, there are a lot of them already packaged up for us in cb-configs, so to avoid reinventing any wheels I tweaked it a bit, along with 3 others, and repackaged them as tb-whatever.deb ( tb stands for TinkerBox, the current placeholder name. ) Please feel free to open them and check for evil...  yikes
Anyway, get the .tar.gz file, unpack it and put those debs in the same directory:

wget -P ~/downloads/debs https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10808732/tinkerbox-debs.tar.gz
cd ~/downloads/debs/
tar -xf tinkerbox-debs.tar.gz
rm tinkerbox-debs.tar.gz

OK lets copy them all into our local repo:

sudo cp ~/downloads/debs/*.deb /var/local/debs

Finally, for the repo to work we need a Packages.gz file:

cd /var/local/debs
dpkg-scanpackages . 2>>~/dpkg-scanpackages.log | gzip -c | sudo tee Packages.gz >/dev/null
cd
sudo apt-get update

Run that above code any time you make changes to the content of the repo, so that Packages.gz gets updated, along with apt's database. Now we can install those packages with apt-get:

sudo apt-get install cb-lock cb-tint2 crunchbang-wallpapers faenza-crunchbang-icon-theme tb-configs tb-exit tb-pipemenus tb-user-setup

Note: apt-get will issue a "WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!" about the ones you install from your local repo. Just enter y to go on. Presumably you can trust your own packages, right?

We're nearly ready to reboot into a Crunchy Desktop, but it's time for lunch. Bear with me a bit...

Last edited by johnraff (2015-02-13 06:59:24)

John
--------------------

#6 2015-02-12 03:45:57

hhh
Cityspeak

pvsage wrote:

@John:  Looks like you have a great start there!  When you feel you have something ready for the populace, could you post the details here so we have them all in one thread?

Ya, less threads = mo' bettah aka betterer.

bunsenlabs     8)     forum mod squad

#7 2015-02-12 03:52:20

johnraff
nullglob
Website

@hhh I thought that thread was for talking about custom sessions, logins and the like...No? Then it's for anybody to describe their customized Jessie?

I'm wondering - when this is done it might be a bit long to put down in the middle of another thread, even if I cut out the chat. Maybe just put in a summary, screenshot and link to the full thing?

Last edited by johnraff (2015-02-12 03:53:32)

John
--------------------

#8 2015-02-12 04:00:04

hhh
Cityspeak

I meant for it tobe  about anyone's customized jessie setup, Openbox-centric, though, as that's #!'s WM. I'd merge this whole thread over there or vice versa, I was hoping to have one thread covering tips and tricks for setting up standalone WM sessions in jessie or sid. BTW, scrot in the screenshot thread or it didn't happen. tongue  Cheers!

#9 2015-02-12 04:03:52

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Won't having everyone's details inthe same thread make it unreadable? How's anyone going to follow step1, step2 ... of this if it's mixed in with half a dozen different setups, each going about things in a different way?

Scrot coming today. it's already happened but I'm still catching up on the documentation.

Last edited by johnraff (2015-02-12 04:05:00)

John
--------------------

#10 2015-02-12 04:05:46

hhh
Cityspeak

A link to this thread from there would be fine, if this were to stay the somewhat "official" way of #!ing jessie. I'd just hate to see everyone creating new threads about how they achieved more or less the same thing, I thought one thread would be more productive. Merging future threads would be the solution there.

BTW, to you, pvsage, chillicampari, Sector11, Unia and lcafiero (is that right and I hope I didn't forget anyone?), a big thanks for doing overtime this week and PM me if there is anything I can do to help with the forum transitioning.

#11 2015-02-12 04:18:32

johnraff
nullglob
Website

I didn't mean this to end up being the "official" way of installing TinkerBox - that's way down the road, way down...

We don't yet know what TinkerBox will be, nor what the best way of propagating it will be.

What I wanted to share was a way to use what Philip had already done to get something almost exactly like Waldorf on Jessie, fairly quickly and easily. By describing the process, and thinking behind it, in some detail I hoped others (not everyone is up to building their own .iso's) would be able to use it as a testbed in trying out their own improvements.

Personally, I'd go with the philosophy of preserving the spirit of #! while making whatever changes are needed to live with the new stuff that's coming in, so this "Waldorf on Jessie" is purely something to experiment with. People will have lots of ideas for how things can be done better. It will be up to Peter to draw some more lines in the future I guess.

John
--------------------

#12 2015-02-12 04:28:55

damo
#! gimpbanger

It would make it easier for me at least if different methods were in their own threads. As johnraff said, it is easier to follow a step-by-step if they are consecutive. For me anyway.

This might be a case for a separate forum section?

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#13 2015-02-12 05:07:35

johnraff
nullglob
Website

I was also hoping that if a few people were kind enough to follow the steps here exactly, and then report back on any problems they had (things like audio, mounting disks and usb devices...), it would help us pin down exactly which packages are (un)necessary, what system stuff needs to be tweaked...

So on with part three!

John
--------------------

#14 2015-02-12 05:21:53

Ozitraveller
#! Junkie
Website

damo wrote:

It would make it easier for me at least if different methods were in their own threads. As johnraff said, it is easier to follow a step-by-step if they are consecutive. For me anyway.

This might be a case for a separate forum section?

Would it useful to collect threads like this under "Crunchbang 12 Janice"? In effect this is what what is being discussed.

And it would make it easier to find for those interested or just browsing.

Just my 2 cents

smile

#15 2015-02-12 07:20:22

johnraff
nullglob
Website

PART 3

Now, about Graphics.
This isn't my forte at all, but fortunately for us, there are a number of people around here who seem to have this stuff down and are busy working on GTK3 themes, font rendering, colour pallettes and the like. I'm sure they'll come up with a delicious-looking GUI for TinkerBox! Meanwhile, just so we've got something vaguely like Waldorf, I've gone with the Greybird theme and an openbox lookalike. Together with  the Faenza-Dark-CrunchBang icon theme it doesn't look too bad, to be going on with, though too much blue to my taste...

Greybird on github:
https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
direct .zip download:
https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greyb … master.zip
Greybird on Box-Look.org:
http://box-look.org/content/show.php/?content=154075
download:
http://box-look.org/CONTENT/content-fil … ird.tar.gz

So:

# need unzip for github, so get all compression utilities first
sudo apt-get install unrar unace unalz unzip lzop rzip zip xz-utils arj bzip2
cd ~/downloads
wget https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird/archive/master.zip
unzip -q master.zip
mv Greybird-master Greybird-git
wget http://box-look.org/CONTENT/content-files/154075-Greybird.tar.gz
tar --backup -xf 154075-Greybird.tar.gz
mv Greybird Greybird-ob
sudo cp -r Greybird-{git,ob} /usr/share/themes
cd

So now there's just one more thing to do. cb-slim was a script that copied all the config files from /etc/skel into the user's home, only on the first login. It was triggered by slim, but now we're using lightdm we need to set the same trigger for tb-user-setup, which does the same job. ( Any already existing config files will be backed up to filename~ )

The file to edit is /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf There are many options to be set in that /etc/lightdm folder if you care to read up about it... Today, we need to set a script to be run just before the user session starts, ie a line

session-setup-script=/usr/share/tinkerbox/tb-user-setup

It's a good idea to make a backup of lightdm.conf before messing with it...

cd /etc/lightdm
sudo mv lightdm.conf lightdm.conf-orig
sed 's|^# *session-setup-script= *$|session-setup-script=/usr/share/tinkerbox/tb-user-setup|' lightdm.conf-orig | sudo tee lightdm.conf >/dev/null
cd

Now we're ready!
Reboot, and cross your fingers!

It looks the part anyway...
2015_02_12_1423724804_1024x768_scrot.jpg
And the usual keyboard shortcuts, pipe menus etc mostly all work. What hasn't been done yet is the big stuff: sound (pulseaudio!), graphics, a whole load of general utilities, but here you have the basic #! user interface, pretty much the same as before.

Part 4 coming soon to finish it all off.

John
--------------------

#16 2015-02-12 09:03:13

Snap
#! Die Hard

This is better than my own attempts.  tongue 

Amazing the use of a local apt repo. I would have never imagined using such a thing. So cool!

Cannot wait for the Part 4. Keep it going!

Last edited by Snap (2015-02-12 09:03:44)

#17 2015-02-12 10:48:48

daosein

Snap wrote:

Amazing the use of a local apt repo. I would have never imagined using such a thing. So cool!

+1
I agree, the local apt repo is genius.

"Simplicity is the key to brilliance."
Bruce Lee

#18 2015-02-12 12:47:36

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

+1 Johnraff, ... which isn't -1 anyone in particular. Seems JR has opted to continue what he'd decided to do till the end and until he's satisfied, that's the +1. Anyone who wants to can consolidate however many approaches to whatever nixishness they want. Cross link, slap em all together etc etc to hearts content.

One thing just sprung 2 mind, "necessity is the mother of all invention". eh, eh ? big_smile

Vll n VlJR !

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#19 2015-02-12 13:06:40

pvsage
Internal Affairs

johnraff wrote:

What hasn't been done yet is the big stuff: sound (pulseaudio!)

Oh, I guess that was my cue. smile

When I had several DEs installed (among them Cinnamon and MATE), one of them apparently pulled in Pulseaudio.

I have no rant on this. yikes  I have rants on other applications, which I will mention in the scratch-build thread I intend to post this weekend, along with my recommendations for substitutes...but no rant on Pulseaudio.  It worked properly, at least during the few minutes that I had a video running (which I think was in gnome-mplayer).  They seem to have fixed it in Jessie...at least for now.

#20 2015-02-12 13:40:26

johnraff
nullglob
Website

@pvsage There are lots of topics where a decision will need to be made one way or another, pulse or nopulse being one of them. I've had no trouble with it, but that's just one or two machines, and many other people seem to have had major issues, at least in the past. If it's all OK in Jessie that's great.

But what Wally (suddenly this project has a name) is about is not trying out possibilities for Bunsen, but to get as close to Waldorf as reasonably possible. (So pulseaudio it is.) Wally's a development tool, if you like, though it would probably be fine as a usable OS too. Not as good as Bunsen's going to be though  cool

John
--------------------

#21 2015-02-12 14:23:16

hhh
Cityspeak

You can get rid of some of the blue by changing the hex code of "selected_bg_color" in Greybird's gtk2/gtkrc and gtk3/gtk.ccss files. I'm posting a few more tips in the other thread now. Nice work, looks crunchy!

#22 2015-02-12 14:31:02

johnraff
nullglob
Website

PART 4
btw this project now has a name, Wally.

OK let's get this done! Now mostly a bunch of extra packages to install. Not much more configuration - unless something goes wrong somewhere...

Not sure about recommends with this bunch. With stuff like media I'm inclined to grab whatever's going, just in case it's that obscure library that was needed to play that radio stream... So let's just take the recommends too this time.

Media stuff:

sudo apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils vlc vlc-plugin-notify lame pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11 xfce4-mixer xfce4-volumed pavucontrol xfburn volumeicon-alsa

libdvdcss2 is only available from the deb-multimedia repos. volumeicon-alsa substitutes for pnmixer. OK now we've got sound. I did anyway.

GTK utilities:

sudo apt-get install gimp gimp-plugin-registry evince gnumeric galculator gigolo catfish gsimplecal gtrayicon xchat transmission-gtk

gftp is not available in jessie atm. Substitute Filezilla?

System Tools:

sudo apt-get install bash-completion lintian libnss-mdns gvfs-bin gvfs-backends python-keybinder xdg-utils rsync anacron usbutils wmctrl menu bc screen cowsay figlet whois rpl cpufrequtils debconf-utils apt-xapian-index build-essential user-setup avahi-utils avahi-daemon ftp openssh-client sshfs

OK that just leaves cb-welcome and cb-fortune to check out. Can I leave that a day or two? Wally's pretty much good to go now.

Last edited by johnraff (2015-03-04 02:50:43)

John
--------------------

#23 2015-02-12 14:33:23

johnraff
nullglob
Website

hhh wrote:

You can get rid of some of the blue by changing the hex code of "selected_bg_color" in Greybird's gtk2/gtkrc and gtk3/gtk.ccss files. I'm posting a few more tips in the other thread now. Nice work, looks crunchy!

Thanks hhh. If I end up using Greybird for myself I'll definitely do that. Right now Greybird in Wally is really just a placeholder. Bunsen will have a much nicer theme I'm quite confident, with you guys on the job!

John
--------------------

#24 2015-02-12 14:38:45

johnraff
nullglob
Website

At the moment I'm only running Wally in a virtualbox. The next thing is to put it in a spare partition on my laptop and see how it deals with stuff like permissions on usb sticks...

Meanwhile if anyone cares to follow the instructions from Parts 1 to 4 and reports any problems they have with the system that results, or differences* from standard CrunchBang Waldorf, that would be a big help in choosing the apps and settings that eventually go into BunsenLabs.  smile

* apart from not having cb-welcome atm

John
--------------------

Be excellent to each other!

#25 2015-02-12 14:52:54

tknomanzr
#! Die Hard

Yeah the whole gtk-3 themes things will probably deserve it's own thread. Some of the stuff going on behind the scenes in gtk-3.0 will seriously make you want to punt gnomes. Basically, my opinion is avoid gtk 3 themes that have been compiled if you go with a custom one. I ripped one apart with gresource last night. Got all the .css files but all the art is encoded in some way that gimp or any other image handler for that matter can't use. (LIke the images are now a binary blob). I did not try yet to see if imagemagick could make sense of it yet.

Last edited by tknomanzr (2015-02-12 14:53:11)

Board footer