SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#651 2015-02-05 06:29:42

drink_n_drive

Re: #! Movie List

Movies:

KIDS
Go Get Some Rosemary
Pink Flamingos

Series:

Robin
The Head
Ren & Stimpy

(any Mtv/Locomotion animation would do)

F5-ing

Be excellent to each other!

#652 2015-02-05 07:06:37

jdonaghy
The Manatee Whisperer

Pink Flamingos. Heh. I don't understand the appeal of that film or where others perceive the entertainment value. To me, bad taste is neither funny nor amusing. I'm not outraged or offended or whatever. I just don't get why anyone would want to watch it. I question the artistic value. That said, I feel the same way about South Park. Lowest of the low ain't my thing.

Last edited by jdonaghy (2015-02-05 07:09:18)

"If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life."
    --Bill Watterson

#653 2015-02-05 07:11:28

brontosaurusrex
#! Red Menace

jdonaghy wrote:

I feel the same way about South Park

South park is the ultimate news, bad taste is the background "truth" it discovers < imho.

Nightcrawler, 2014, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872718/

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2015-02-05 07:12:22)

#654 2015-02-05 15:28:06

drink_n_drive

jdonaghy wrote:

Pink Flamingos. Heh. I don't understand the appeal of that film or where others perceive the entertainment value.

I like it as a rariety. In fact, what I enjoy most is the exaggerated theatricalness of the Dreamlanders. And John Waters was not a teaser, he was provocative all the way, and I think what I like most about it is that he always tried to take that further. Complicated mind, indeed, but it's all about entertainment in the end. There are not many actors/directors like those at this latitude.

F5-ing

#655 2015-02-05 16:30:12

ratcheer
#! Junkie

I just watched an old movie from the early 80's, The Thorn Birds. IMO, it is excellent. It was a TV mini-series, so it runs for hours and hours.

Tim

#656 2015-02-05 18:57:33

g33zr
#! Die Hard

I have so many favorite movies--some dating to the days of silent films, I find it difficult to even suggest myTop 10. Most of my favorites are foreign (i.e., non-US) films since I don't mind reading subtitles if I don't understand enough of the original. One favorite is The King of Hearts (Le roi de couer), a French antiwar film from 1966. Another is Werner Herzog's Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht , made in 1979 and starring the eccentric and bat-crazy Klaus Kinski, Isabelle Adjani, and Bruno Ganz, among others. Herzog's version is a sometimes humorous twist on F.W. Murnau's 1922 original film Nosferatu, which you can watch on YouTube. Enjoy!  big_smile

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

#657 2015-02-15 01:46:57

ohnonot
...again

i finally got around to watching the hobbit 3-hour-edit, first mentioned in this post.
i can recommend.
i wrote some more about it here - it boils down to this:

If You can accept the edited film for what it is You will enjoy it.

I was a little confused when I first noticed a larger cut and wound back to make sure I got it right, but after that it was OK. I think it is clear that, however well made, there will be some edges. Once I accepted that and just went with the story I enjoyed the film. I deliberately don't say "a lot" here - however one cuts and edits the material, it is still based on a technically well-made, yet not exactly innovative sequel to a much more famous opus. But the story flows so much nicer and one can see and feel the characters again, because there's none of those intimidating suspense, love, emotion & action fill-ins that make mediocre Hollywood productions so tedious.

The version I saw has received a lot of attention and feedback and is currently being re-edited. I have to say that there was some image quality degradation, esp. during the last third. That seems to be one major aspect that is going to get better in the next version.

note, there's several edits available:
http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/
https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/
https://ahobbitsholiday.wordpress.com/

#658 2015-04-14 09:26:27

#!wallace

thumbs up for Nightcrawler here...was excellent!

Board footer