SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-21 17:24:45

HairlessHippy
#! Member

Hi all!

Hi to everyone!

I must confess to being a bit of a distro-hopper but have stuck with #! now for around 6 months on my main machine and find it to be pretty much all-round darned good.
Finally registered on the forum (yeah, I'm not one of life's dive-in-head-first-before-I-know-what's-in-the-water types), having read lots of posts by amazingly helpful and knowledgeable people - you guys and girls really are cool!
Hope I can contribute something useful somewhere sometime - or if I need some assistance on something (which is the more likely) one of you guys will be able to nudge me in the right direction  :)

Last edited by HairlessHippy (2014-07-21 17:26:56)

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2014-07-21 17:36:41

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Re: Hi all!

Well, we won't be able to pull your hair.   lol

Welcome to the forums ... wander the halls, look around, enjoy.

Coffee is in the #! Coffee Room and it's free.  Fill the pot if you take the last cup though please.  Oh yea, the donuts are free as well.

If you're bald by choice, I can't help you, if it's an age thing, the door on the left in the #! Coffee Room is our little area, The Over-the-Hill-CrunchGang.   cool

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#3 2014-07-21 19:49:53

HairlessHippy
#! Member

Thank you Sector11!
What can I say: Mother Nature is a severe hairdresser and no respecter of age (I've got a few years before I can join the OHCG) - I do have a set of clippers and a beard to compensate though  lol

#4 2014-07-21 21:06:37

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

You got that right she has no sense of humour when it comes to hair follicles.

So either I have an extremely high forehead - goes all the way back to the back of my head OR as I tell people, "I'm not bald, some of my hair went south for the winter and stopped at my chin, and liked it enough it never came back."

And Father Time made it white! {sigh}  Mind you, I'm around to enjoy it so that's a big plus!

As far as the OHCG - guests are welcome.   wink

#5 2014-07-21 21:21:06

damo
#! gimpbanger

Welcome to HairlessHippy smile

You sound like our kind of guy. - as Sector11 says, you are welcome to hang out with us other old dudes. But I can't find my flared cord jeans with the embroidered flowers up the sides, so you may feel that I look a bit square  wink

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#6 2014-07-22 09:06:18

HairlessHippy
#! Member

Sector11 wrote:

So either I have an extremely high forehead - goes all the way back to the back of my head OR as I tell people, "I'm not bald, some of my hair went south for the winter and stopped at my chin, and liked it enough it never came back."

lol

damo wrote:

But I can't find my flared cord jeans with the embroidered flowers up the sides, so you may feel that I look a bit square

Wow! I just had to go to a darkened room and listen to The Incredible String Band for a while...

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys  big_smile

#7 2014-07-22 19:53:28

damo
#! gimpbanger

HairlessHippy wrote:
Sector11 wrote:

lol

damo wrote:

But I can't find my flared cord jeans with the embroidered flowers up the sides, so you may feel that I look a bit square

Wow! I just had to go to a darkened room and listen to The Incredible String Band for a while...

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys  big_smile

I preferred Richard Thompson et al around that time. I saw Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span and several psychodelic bands at student gigs in those days, then it was the turn of Punk. Kids these days - they don't know what they missed big_smile

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#8 2014-07-23 17:22:35

HairlessHippy
#! Member

damo wrote:

I preferred Richard Thompson et al around that time. I saw Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span and several psychodelic bands at student gigs in those days, then it was the turn of Punk. Kids these days - they don't know what they missed

I know what you mean, but punk kind of passed me by - I got into the whole folk/folk rock/acoustic/space rock/psychedelic just when punk was in and just sort of stuck with it. To me, every year is somewhere around 1967-1973  lol

Saw Fairport last year and they are still pretty good  smile

Jeez, I sound like Doc in Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice  lol

#9 2014-07-23 17:24:15

HairlessHippy
#! Member

Will I get told off for waffling on too much in the Introductions section?  :8

#10 2014-07-23 18:25:56

damo
#! gimpbanger

HairlessHippy wrote:

Will I get told off for waffling on too much in the Introductions section?  :8

It's your thread. It started off about you, so you can have what you like in it smile

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#11 2014-07-23 19:26:36

HairlessHippy
#! Member

damo wrote:

It's your thread. It started off about you, so you can have what you like in it

Great! Now then, where do I upload all those old holiday snap scans...

#12 2014-07-23 20:01:20

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Except of course "old holiday snap scans" those are banned by the Ultra Secret Top Security CrunchBang Forum Bylaws Article 257.887 Para 18 Sub-article XIX 3a.  I'd quote it to you, but then I'd have to contact SkyNet and have a Terminator activated.  Don't think you'd like that too much.  ]:D

However, making a wallpapers out of them and posting in the monthly Screenshot thread is perfectly legal ... if they are family safe.   wink

===
Like damo said ... your thread - but family safe.

Board footer