SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-28 07:28:09

paxmark1
#! Junkie

systemd

One netbox amd c-50 EEEbox and one Acer Aspire netbook were both on testing, first #! from start with #! repos disabled and Acer was testing deb-net-inst and razor-qt and openbox.   

Got sytemd 2.08 to compile on both.  Bit of a slog through the mud getting in all the dependencies. 
For the Acer I finally just went with an apt-get to go to systemd.  Ran ok.  I purged out sys-v and it worked well enough, but eventually, well, a whole lot of maintenance.  And more.

For the compiled 2.08 added to the netbook, rough sledding and looking at more of a learning curve than I choose to keep it up.  I finally made the switch from the original 8gb ssd to a 120 gb ssd.  I was doing debian netinstall on it, but I just put Waldorf on it as on my old big box.  For giggles I can get QT5 for sigil and PPQT in on opt.  Probably compile pcmanfm-qt and install.  Just because I abandoned KDE long ago (when nepo-run-amuk was beta) does not mean that I need to avoid QT (not that I program or anything like that)

Back on the Aspire, it was just too much work. I wiped it also. I am running "Sparky" linux which is aimed at a rolling Debian testing and only systemd with lxde supported most.  What with the very active changes, lightdm is shut off now, but so is the GARISH default screen.   Yeah, I know that one can fix what one sees in openbox settings. 

I will wait for what corenomial surprises us with in the next iteration.  A very calm and patient waiting, if you want something every 6 months, try getting tangled up in taglu.

Jean Vanier wrote "Being Human" and "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright.  Gotta love the Massey Lectures.

Board footer