SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#426 2014-01-23 18:32:15

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

pvsage wrote:

By order of the New Lunar Republic, this thread is now stickied. ]:D

LOL  big_smile   big_smile

I thought you would be with the NLR!

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#427 2014-01-23 18:34:30

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Habitual wrote:

I dub this THE MOST PERFECT WEATHER SCRIPT EVER.
I am simply in awe of this work of art.

Your work and dedication is highly appreciated.

Much Respect.


Thank you very much, and ill pass on a BIG slice of that respect to Mr Falldown big_smile

I trust that everything is working for you?

Offline

#428 2014-01-23 19:25:08

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

a couple of tricks for formatting
because templates are written in lua code you can do a lot of other things to the output of data options
if i were to try and cover ALL the bases in the data options there would be thousands of them!

for example using an option in the out function like so

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  now.location_full  })

for me that outputs:  Saint Louis, MO

but, if you wanted all lowercase letters:

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  string.lower(now.location_full)  })

or if you wanted all caps:

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  string.upper(now.location_full)  })

it also works for long multi part text strings like this

txt=string.lower("Updated: "..now.observation_time_rfc822.." from data at: "..now.observation_location_city.."      "..os.date("%T"))

surround all your output with brackets ()
then use string.upper or string.lower in front

Another example is gsub, say you had set in the config that all imperial units for temperature should be "°F"
BUT there is a part of the output that you think it would look better if it was just "°"

you could remove the F in the template like this

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt= (now.temp_imperial_unit):gsub("°F","°") })

surround the output with brackets ()
then add :gsub("find","replace") at the end
between the first set of quotes goes the text to find, between the second set of quotes goes the text to go in its place

in the example above, gsub finds every instance of "°F" and replaces it with "°"

EDIT - this is probably a bad example because it would be much easier to just hard code the "°" into the output instead of using the units data options, but the same principal can be applied to lots of other things big_smile

using things like this it should be possible to achieve any desired format for your output smile

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-23 20:30:02)

Offline

#429 2014-01-23 19:37:27

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

just noticed an oopsie in the moon shade function
Screenshot_from_2014_01_23_13_25_10.jpg
1% moon is showing as full moon, or it could be 99%
ill take a look and hopefully post a fix soon

EDIT - line 1833

	if illumperc==1  mp="Full" end

need to change and add a new line:

	if illumperc==1 and mp=="Waning crescent" then mp="Full" end
	if illumperc==1 and mp=="Waxing crescent" then mp="New" end

when percent illuminated is 1 the calculations go a bit funny, so i had set 1% to be a full moon, but hadnt considered that there would be 2 different cases where illumination was 1%!

UPDATED in the main archive

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-23 19:46:22)

Offline

#430 2014-01-23 20:02:53

lionhead
#! Junkie
From: Dagobah / Germany
Registered: 2011-01-22
Posts: 459

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

a couple of tricks for formatting
because templates are written in lua code you can do a lot of other things to the output of data options
if i were to try and cover ALL the bases in the data options there would be thousands of them!

for example using an option in the out function like so

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  now.location_full  })

for me that outputs:  Saint Louis, MO

but, if you wanted all lowercase letters:

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  string.lower(now.location_full)  })

or if you wanted all caps:

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt=  string.upper(now.location_full)  })

it also works for long multi part text strings like this

txt=string.lower("Updated: "..now.observation_time_rfc822.." from data at: "..now.observation_location_city.."      "..os.date("%T"))

surround all your output with brackets ()
then use string.upper or string.lower in front

Another example is gsub, say you had set in the config that all imperial units for temperature should be "°F"
BUT there is a part of the output that you think it would look better if it was just "°"

you could remove the F in the template like this

out({  x=100,  y=100,  txt= (now.temp_imperial_unit):gsub("°F","°") })

surround the output with brackets ()
then add :gsub("find","replace") at the end
between the first set of quotes goes the text to find, between the second set of quotes goes the text to go in its place

in the example above, gsub finds every instance of "°F" and replaces it with "°"

using things like this it should be possible to achieve any desired format for your output smile

if you want to decorate your 'weather output' try bazinga: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=27869

if you want to try this then use:

	lua_load ~/yourpathtoyour/weatherscript.lua
	lua_draw_hook_pre weather
	lua_load ~/yourpathtoyour/template.lua

	lua_load ~/wun/bazinga.lua

it 'overwrites' the built in-functions. and will not take affect to your 'wun-setup'!

Last edited by lionhead (2014-01-23 20:31:00)

Offline

#431 2014-01-23 20:39:25

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

So much for the heat wave leaving ... 56°C - 132.8°F - 53% humidity is low too, TV was talking 83%  sad

mrpeachy wrote:

a couple of tricks for formatting

and @ falldown

Is there a better way of doing this:

out({a=1,c=0x000000,x=130+offset,y=ypos+offset,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})
 out({a=1,x=130,y=ypos,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})

to every line?

This morning I found white text on white clouds on a light background ... couldn't read a thing.

Settled for:

default_color=0xF5F5DC -- Beige

my monofur font doesn't like the offset trick though.  sad So I'm using {choke} Ubuntu.  tongue

This is the 4th kick at the can today.  I unarchived it ... started tweaking and oops! --- like I said, 4th time --- and is literally one line at a time that got me here.

Took the snow out, doesn't happen often enough to warrant space, but added UVI as that is something that needs watching here!

For me, the LED's should be seen, but don't need to be a 'major' focal point of the script, so I made them smaller and moved them.

Also put time, date, city and "Updated" under the Default section as they are constant ...
Put "ptred" and offset in there as well.

-- ### SET DEFAULTS ##########################################################
-- set defaults do not localise these defaults if you use a seperate display script
-- default_font="Mono" -- The default OOTB Experience
-- default_font="monofur" -- S11: doesn't sit well with the "offset" :(
default_font="Ubuntu" -- Falldown: In my template I use Ubuntu font.. just a nice bold text.. :)
default_font_size=12
default_font_face="normal"
default_color=0xF5F5DC -- Beige
default_alpha=1--fully opaque
default_image_width=50
default_image_height=50
-- ##################################################### BACKGROUND IMAGES ###
--day night image
local dni=pathtowun.."additional_files/day_night_bg.png"
--top image
local tgi=pathtowun.."additional_files/backgrounds/wun-top-glass-bg.png"
--bottom image
local bgi=pathtowun.."additional_files/backgrounds/wun-bottom-glass-bg.png"
-- ###################################################### MOON_PHASE IMAGE ###
local mpi=pathtowun.."additional_files/weathericons/moon/moon_phase.png"
-- ################################################ BUTTON HIGHLIGHT COLOR ###
local blue=pathtowun.."additional_files/glow-button-on-blue.png"
local red=pathtowun.."additional_files/glow-button-on-red.png"
-- ######################################################### MISC DEFAULTS ###
local offset=1
-- ### PATH TO FILE - a falldown tip #########################################
ptred="/media/5/Conky/images/red+x.png"
-- ###########################################################################
-- ### STATIC SETTINGS IN TOP BOX ############################################
out({a=1,fs=16,c=0x000000,x=120+offset,y=57+offset,txt=os.date("%T")})
 out({a=1,fs=16,x=120,y=57,txt=os.date("%T")})

out({a=1,c=0x000000,fs=14,x=120+offset,y=72+offset,txt=os.date("%a").." "..os.date("%d").." "..os.date("%b").." "..os.date("%G")})
out({a=1,fs=14,x=120,y=72,txt=os.date("%a").." "..os.date("%d").." "..os.date("%b").." "..os.date("%G")})

out({a=1,c=0x000000,x=30+offset,y=88+offset,txt=now.observation_location_city})
 out({a=1,x=30,y=88,txt=now.observation_location_city})

out({a=1,c=0x000000,fs=11,x=30+offset,y=235+offset,txt="Updated: "..now.observation_time_rfc822})
 out({a=1,fs=11,x=30,y=235,txt="Updated: "..now.observation_time_rfc822})
-- ####################################### END: STATIC SETTINGS IN TOP BOX ###
-- ####################################################### END OF DEFAULTS ###

Can't believe how 'little' cpu this uses!!

2014_01_23_16_27_27_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg 2014_01_23_16_50_38_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg
2014_01_23_16_50_55_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg 2014_01_23_16_56_38_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg

Still have all the rest to do.

A*W*E*S*O*M*E falldown, just awesome!

Last edited by Sector11 (2014-01-23 20:42:15)


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#432 2014-01-23 21:14:50

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

@Sector11... I think interactive templates are, by their nature, going to be hard to tweak and edit.  I can say, with the greatest respect of falldowns work, that his template code is not optimal  big_smile in that I could think of a few ways to make things simpler.  But that's only because I'm more familiar with the ins and outs of the code.

is there a better way of doing this:

out({a=1,c=0x000000,x=130+offset,y=ypos+offset,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})
 out({a=1,x=130,y=ypos,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})

you mean get a shadow effect?

it could be written into the out function and available as a setting

I have considered this and my only hesitation is cpu usage.  every time you want a shadow, it simply means drawing the text twice.

EDIT - but looking at your CPU readings, maybe im being too cautious!

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-23 21:39:53)

Offline

#433 2014-01-23 21:28:37

lionhead
#! Junkie
From: Dagobah / Germany
Registered: 2011-01-22
Posts: 459

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

the shadow-effect is really cool! it increases the contrast (to the wallpaper) very much.

btw: it's already part of bazinga.lua wink

Offline

#434 2014-01-23 21:40:35

jst_joe
#! Junkie
From: Here, There and After
Registered: 2012-07-03
Posts: 297

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

@Sector11... I think interactive templates are, by their nature, going to be hard to tweak and edit.  I can say, with the greatest respect of falldowns work, that his template code is not optimal  big_smile in that I could think of a few ways to make things simpler.  But that's only because I'm more familiar with the ins and outs of the code.

is there a better way of doing this:

out({a=1,c=0x000000,x=130+offset,y=ypos+offset,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})
 out({a=1,x=130,y=ypos,txt="UVI: "..now.uvi.." "..now.uvi_text})

you mean get a shadow effect?

it could be written into the out function and available as a setting

I have considered this and my only hesitation is cpu usage.  every time you want a shadow, it simply means drawing the text twice.

OK!
So now I hate both of you too. sad
Just kidding. wink
I want to be just like you when I grow up.
At my age I doubt that will happen but one can hope. lol lol lol

@falldown
A tribute to the Seahawks sunset in San Francisco song's kind of appropriate too.
SF_sunset_tmb.jpg
BTW
Great documentation in your code very easy to adjust things.


A person who has a cat by the tail knows a whole lot more about cats than someone who has just read about them.
Mark Twain

Offline

#435 2014-01-23 22:01:17

falldown
#! Samurai
Registered: 2011-09-01
Posts: 1,727

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

peachy wrote:

@Sector11... I think interactive templates are, by their nature, going to be hard to tweak and edit.  I can say, with the greatest respect of falldowns work, that his template code is not optimal  big_smile in that I could think of a few ways to make things simpler.  But that's only because I'm more familiar with the ins and outs of the code.

Peachy You did clean up the template which makes it run smoother.  big_smile

Joe wrote:

@falldown
BTW
Great documentation in your code very easy to adjust things.

Peachy added most of the commented text.

Offline

#436 2014-01-23 22:03:19

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Sector11 wrote:

This is the 4th kick at the can today.  I unarchived it ... started tweaking and oops! --- like I said, 4th time --- and is literally one line at a time that got me here.

if you are editing a template then there isnt really much you can do that is irreversible

you may be able to avoid starting from scratch by first, making sure you save the template file after every change to see if the change worked

then if you save it and you get a blank screen, you can undo what you did!

and also the terminal messages are extremely helpful in tracking down where the error is occurring

but im pretty sure you knew those things anyway!

i suspect most errors will be caused by simple typos
a missed comma or a mistake in the name of a data option

maybe i could put together a wun template debugging how to

@falldown - i did a bit but i could have done more  smile   I just wanted to get it up and running and out in the archive!
but i cant be expected to vet every template that someone makes and posts.  There have been many users of v9000 who came up with their own setups.  What works is more important  big_smile

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-23 22:06:17)

Offline

#437 2014-01-23 22:06:11

jst_joe
#! Junkie
From: Here, There and After
Registered: 2012-07-03
Posts: 297

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

falldown wrote:

Peachy added most of the commented text.

Well then...
@mrpeachy I am in awe of your work again! smile


A person who has a cat by the tail knows a whole lot more about cats than someone who has just read about them.
Mark Twain

Offline

#438 2014-01-23 22:20:16

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

What works is more important  big_smile

Couldn't agree more.  I realize that shadowing text is drawing things twice.

BUT, and in defence of your script and falldown's template, I have it almost done, with claws-mail, iceweasel, thunar and medit open and I'm chewing up 10% CPU ... I have other conkys that go well beyond that.  big_smile

Maybe I'll make the "image" a bit darker and just shadow the text in the top box...

BTW, I think because of the heat I'm not concentrating enough ... hey, as an excuse it sounds good!  big_smile

I was charging ahead ... a dozen lines - kill / start OOPS!  .... 100% keyboard operator error  lol  lol  lol

Not rigged, this is real:
2014_01_23_18_25_06_478x515_Sector11.jpg
At 03:00 it was 35° and at 09:00 it was 41°


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#439 2014-01-23 22:54:06

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Sector11 wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

What works is more important  big_smile

Couldn't agree more.  I realize that shadowing text is drawing things twice.

BUT, and in defence of your script and falldown's template, I have it almost done, with claws-mail, iceweasel, thunar and medit open and I'm chewing up 10% CPU ... I have other conkys that go well beyond that.  big_smile

Maybe I'll make the "image" a bit darker and just shadow the text in the top box...

BTW, I think because of the heat I'm not concentrating enough ... hey, as an excuse it sounds good!  big_smile

I was charging ahead ... a dozen lines - kill / start OOPS!  .... 100% keyboard operator error  lol  lol  lol

Not rigged, this is real:
http://s20.postimg.org/ppc2rl18p/2014_01_23_18_25_06_478x515_Sector11.jpg
At 03:00 it was 35° and at 09:00 it was 41°

Here it is currently -10 C... but I wouldn't trade  big_smile

let me see if i can implement a simple shadow function into out, really shouldn't be much work at all

and errors due to overheating works for me.  If there is anything you or anyone can think of to make things easier, then I would always be interested in hearing it!

Offline

#440 2014-01-23 23:48:56

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

Here it is currently -10 C... but I wouldn't trade  big_smile

let me see if i can implement a simple shadow function into out, really shouldn't be much work at all

and errors due to overheating works for me.  If there is anything you or anyone can think of to make things easier, then I would always be interested in hearing it!

I'm a Canuck, cold doesn't bother me, I like it, but I hate snow ... snowplows always fill in my driveway as soon as I have it cleaned out!  Forget driving in it, I can, don't have to like it.

If the offset is an out function, people still have the option to use it (or not) ... right now the only thing cool here is WUn, falldown's template and my wall paper.   lol  lol  lol  lol
2014_01_23_20_25_58_1920x1080_Sector11.jpg
Computer temps are holding their own though.

23 Jan 14 | 20:37:26 ~
    $ c2f 50
   50°C  =  122.00°F

23 Jan 14 | 20:37:32 ~
    $ c2f 36.3
   36.3°C  =  97.34°F

23 Jan 14 | 20:37:46 ~
    $


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#441 2014-01-24 00:52:10

Habitual
#! Member
From: Youngstown, OH
Registered: 2010-09-10
Posts: 62
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

I trust that everything is working for you?

Very few edits on my end and it's a "Keeper".
Starting it however, only shows the "Current" and the top-most box.
I have to click the "Current" box|button to get the rest of it to show.

Did I miss something in something I should have read?


Success is 1% Inspiration
and 98% Perspiration and
2% atttention to details.

Offline

#442 2014-01-24 01:01:02

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Habitual wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

I trust that everything is working for you?

Very few edits on my end and it's a "Keeper".
Starting it however, only shows the "Current" and the top-most box.
I have to click the "Current" box|button to get the rest of it to show.

Did I miss something in something I should have read?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's an "interactive" conky ... you have to interact with it.  lol  lol  lol

Come to think of it having it start open ... and close it once read could work too.  big_smile


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#443 2014-01-24 01:13:32

Habitual
#! Member
From: Youngstown, OH
Registered: 2010-09-10
Posts: 62
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Sector11 wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's an "interactive" conky ... you have to interact with it.  lol  lol  lol

Come to think of it having it start open ... and close it once read could work too.  big_smile

sounds like another "option" for MrPeachy's ToDo list on this script.
Wink wink, nudge nudge. smile

Maybe it could "open" up after say a 10 second delay?

If I had a dollar for every time I get distracted....I wish I had a puppy.


Success is 1% Inspiration
and 98% Perspiration and
2% atttention to details.

Offline

#444 2014-01-24 02:51:54

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

thats easy, on line 33 of iweather_falldown.lua there is the first button

bc=do_button({btype=1,bname="current",blx_off=15,bly_off=70,bw_off=94,bh_off=23,draw=0,text=0})
bc=do_button({btype=1,bname="current",blx_off=15,bly_off=70,bw_off=94,bh_off=23,st_type=1})

killall and restart conky!

st_type is start type
st_type=0 is default, button is off on startup
st_type=1 button is on on startup

shadow options are all set , just need to test them fully before updating wun.lua in the archive

EDIT
if you want to change the wording of that button, that is quite easy too

the button script has a built in ability to display text and have the text change when the button is on or off
in the iweather_falldown script the text is set elsewhere, on line 134

out({a=1,fs=14,x=30,y=63,txt="Current"})

you could change that and overwrite with these lines, or something similar

if bc==0 then--display is "closed"
out({a=1,fs=14,x=30,y=63,txt="More"})
elseif bc==1 then--display is open
out({a=1,fs=14,x=30,y=63,txt="Less"})
end

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-24 03:08:39)

Offline

#445 2014-01-24 03:29:01

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Using drop shadow option in out function

here are the default values:

--shadow
local shadow=txj.shadow 	or 0
local sxo=txj.sxo 		or default_sxo		or 2
local syo=txj.syo 		or default_syo 		or 2
local sc=txj.sc 		or defualt_sc		or 0x000000
local sa=txj.sa 		or default_sa		or 0.8
local sface=txj.sface		or default_sface	or face
local sfs=txj.sfs		or default_sfs		or fs

you can setup default values in the template defaults section or you can specify the settings in the out function

--SET DEFAULTS ##########################################################
--set defaults do not localise these defaults if you use a seperate display script
default_font="Mono"--In my template I use Ubuntu font.. just a nice bold text.. :)
default_font_size=12
default_color=0xffffff--white
default_alpha=1--fully opaque
default_image_width=50
default_image_height=50
default_sxo=2
default_syo=2

to activate shadows you add "shadow=1" to any out call, within the curly brackets {} and separated from other settings by a comma

out({a=1,fs=24,x=30,y=140,txt=now.conditions})

becomes

out({a=1,fs=24,x=30,y=140,txt=now.conditions,shadow=1})

the out function will then use the function defaults or the default values set in the template

to control the shadow in each out call these settings can be added, again separated by a comma
sxo=shadow x offset, eg 3
syo=shadow y offset, eg 3
sc=shadow color, eg 0x000000
sa=shadow alpha, eg 0.75
sface=shadow face, same options as for face "normal","bold","italic","bolditalic" - in quotes
sfs=shadow font size, eg 14

works with normal text and with wrapped text, also with rotated text
Screenshot_from_2014_01_23_21_10_18.jpg

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-01-25 04:14:16)

Offline

#446 2014-01-24 06:41:34

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

well there were a couple of issues in that last version of wun.lua
and while testing i discovered a bug in the wrap function, when the wrap_len is set too low, smaller than the largest word in the text, the script breaks

this wun.lua should have all those issues fixed!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/190 … lua.tar.gz

please test and let me know if you have any problems

Offline

#447 2014-01-24 08:42:41

jst_joe
#! Junkie
From: Here, There and After
Registered: 2012-07-03
Posts: 297

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

@mrpeachy
The new shadow functions are very nice and work great. cool


A person who has a cat by the tail knows a whole lot more about cats than someone who has just read about them.
Mark Twain

Offline

#448 2014-01-24 12:44:33

Habitual
#! Member
From: Youngstown, OH
Registered: 2010-09-10
Posts: 62
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

mrpeachy wrote:

thats easy, on line 33 of iweather_falldown.lua there is the first button

bc=do_button({btype=1,bname="current",blx_off=15,bly_off=70,bw_off=94,bh_off=23,draw=0,text=0})
bc=do_button({btype=1,bname="current",blx_off=15,bly_off=70,bw_off=94,bh_off=23,st_type=1})

killall and restart conky!

You rock!
Thanks.


Success is 1% Inspiration
and 98% Perspiration and
2% atttention to details.

Offline

#449 2014-01-24 14:36:05

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

Habitual wrote:

sounds like another "option" for MrPeachy's ToDo list on this script.
Wink wink, nudge nudge. smile

Maybe it could "open" up after say a 10 second delay?

If I had a dollar for every time I get distracted....I wish I had a puppy.

I was going to come back with a quick one liner ... but I see mrpeachy took the wind out of my sails.

End result ... it's do-able.  big_smile

I have to check the offset part now.   cool

Last edited by Sector11 (2014-01-24 14:36:37)


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#450 2014-01-24 15:00:53

PackRat
#! Die Hard
From: USA
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 1,572

Re: Wun Weather Script for Conky (Lua)

These are coming along nicely.

@Sector11 - why are using a + with your temps? When I see that, I'm inferring your temperature is only accurate within +50 C  - you need a better meteorologist!


"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo