SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-06 23:41:40

srccon

Iceweasel and Lightbeam

Does not seem to work. Anyone have any luck? The icon does not show up in the lower right add on bar.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2013-11-07 00:13:53

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Re: Iceweasel and Lightbeam

By "does not seem to work," do you mean they're not operating at all, or that there is no icon/menu item for each of these? If you start either (or both) from the command line, do they come up?

If I remember correctly, Iceweasel should come up by right-clicking the desktop and clicking on Web Browser (I think Iceweasel is the default). As for Lightbeam, you'll have to add that to the menu by right-clicking on the desktop and going to Settings > Openbox > GUI Menu Editor and adding it.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#3 2013-11-07 17:39:21

srccon

Sorry.

I have Iceweasel working excellently. The issue is when I add the firefox browser addon called Lightbeam, a plugin to visualize the 3rd party software that is provided your browsing habits when you visit a webpage. From what I have seen on Lightbeam tutorials, the button to get into the lightbeam visualization is in the lower right hand corner in the 'add on bar' toolbar. On my Iceweasel (v20.0), it is not showing up and I see no other menu item that would allow me to enable and see the visualization.

Thanks.

#4 2013-11-07 18:33:05

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Oh. I had no idea what Lightbeam was, and I assumed it was another program, not an addon.

Does this help (a very long thread)?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest … m&r=0&as=s

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#5 2013-11-08 21:24:22

srccon

No, it does not show up under the tools menu in the tool bar either.

Thanks though. I'm still investigating.

Board footer