SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#6001 2013-08-24 16:32:28

PackRat
#! Die Hard

Re: Conky v1.9 Thread

^ did you test the script? I tried it and got the same results - the squares in the conky, and the same line endings in the text file that arclance found; maybe just my setup though.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Be excellent to each other!

#6002 2013-08-24 16:48:27

arclance
#! Die Hard

^ I am seeing the same thing with the new script, the extra white space is gone though.
The lines end in a "CR+LF" new line which is a dos line ending and the script should put out a "LF" which is a unix line ending.
Since conky correctly uses unix line endings the "CR" is displayed in conky with a placeholder character.

To test if this is still a problem with the awk/mawk output you could add a command to replace "\r" (literal carriage return) with "" (empty string) to get rid of it.
If it persists after doing that the problem must be with echo or bash.

#6003 2013-08-24 17:07:57

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Wodanford wrote:

Let me throw in some basic conky stuff as well.

Very nice! ... simple ... elegant ... and WOW!

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#6004 2013-08-24 17:47:23

arclance
#! Die Hard

Okay I did a little googling and this gets rid of the carriage returns by striping them from the original file before passing the result to "mawk".

#!/bin/bash

wget http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/now.html -O /tmp/loungeradio.html >/dev/null 2>&1 &&

artist=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="artist"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')
album=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="album"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')
track=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="track"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')

wget -q "http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/$(mawk -F"\"" '/id="covercontainer"/ {print $4}' /tmp/loungeradio.html)" -O - | convert - -scale 123x123 /tmp/loungeradio.png

#echo '${image /tmp/loungeradio.png -p 42,42 -s 123x123 }';
echo 'Artist:' $artist
echo 'Track:'  $track
echo 'Album:'  $album

exit

The problem here using the "artist" line as an example is that the "mawk" command is not grabbing the piece of the string between "<div id="artist"><strong>Artist:</strong></div>\r\n    <div>" and the next "</div>" in the file but the piece between "<div id="artist"><strong>Artist:</strong></div>\r\n" and the end of the current line and then removing the "<div>" and "</div>" but not the "\r\n" after the "</div>" or the "    " before the "<div>" (possibly omitting the "\n" and keeping the "\r" from that line, I don't know enough bash to check that).
Using printf instead of echo when testing this revealed that I was wrong about the leading spaces being fixed before, this specific way of using echo just seems to be concealing the extra spaces for some reason.

This fix is not very good since I can't fully diagnose the problem due to my limited bash experience so I can't say if the "mawk" command is still picking up the remaining "\n" which it really should not be.
Also the leading "    " is still there since I don't know how to fix that without removing all " " from the result.

I prefer Python for things like this since it is much easier to diagnose and fix string problems like this in python than bash since you are not passing strings through pipes to several different programs which increases the complexity in tracking down the source of a problem like this a lot.
Oh and this is why I hate regular expressions.

Last edited by arclance (2013-08-24 17:59:40)

#6005 2013-08-24 17:54:56

chameleon
UK #! Guy
Website

@arclance
Thanks for your input.
I will give this a try ASAP.
Out of time now...early shift tomorrow... sad

#6006 2013-08-24 18:06:57

chepioq
#! Member

arclance wrote:

Okay I did a little googling and this gets rid of the carriage returns by striping them from the original file before passing the result to "mawk".

#!/bin/bash

wget http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/now.html -O /tmp/loungeradio.html >/dev/null 2>&1 &&

artist=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="artist"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')
album=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="album"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')
track=$(cat /tmp/loungeradio.html | tr -d '\r' | mawk -F"\"" '/id="track"/{getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>/, "", $1); print $1}')

wget -q "http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/$(mawk -F"\"" '/id="covercontainer"/ {print $4}' /tmp/loungeradio.html)" -O - | convert - -scale 123x123 /tmp/loungeradio.png

#echo '${image /tmp/loungeradio.png -p 42,42 -s 123x123 }';
echo 'Artist:' $artist
echo 'Track:'  $track
echo 'Album:'  $album

exit

The problem here using the "artist" line as an example is that the "mawk" command is not grabbing the piece of the string between "<div id="artist"><strong>Artist:</strong></div>\r\n    <div>" and the next "</div>" in the file but the piece between "<div id="artist"><strong>Artist:</strong></div>\r\n" and the end of the current line and then removing the "<div>" and "</div>" but not the "\r\n" after the "</div>" or the "    " before the "<div>" (possibly omitting the "\n" and keeping the "\r" from that line, I don't know enough bash to check that).
Using printf instead of echo when testing this revealed that I was wrong about the leading spaces being fixed before, this specific way of using echo just seems to be concealing the extra spaces for some reason.

This fix is not very good since I can't fully diagnose the problem due to my limited bash experience so I can't say if the "mawk" command is still picking up the remaining "\n" which it really should not be.
Also the leading "    " is still there since I don't know how to fix that without removing all " " from the result.

I prefer Python for things like this since it is much easier to diagnose and fix string problems like this in python than bash since you are not passing strings through pipes to several different programs which increases the complexity in tracking down the source of a problem like this a lot.
Oh and this is why I hate regular expressions.

You can use sed to remove all html tag in you html file, like this (the file name is now.html), (I remove blank line ) and the result is :

[dominique@host ~]$ cat now.html | sed -e :a -e 's/<[^>]*>//g;/</N;//ba'

<!--

Music related data compiled and provided by DMD - Digital Media Distribution AG

Specialized in highly individualized, corporate Radiosolutions
          for businesses and retail
          visit our webpage: http://www.dmd2.net

Portions of this code are 2007 by LOUNGE-RADIO.COM and DMD. 

//-->

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-7379598-1']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();

function autofitIframe(id){
if (!window.opera && !document.mimeType && document.all && document.getElementById){
parent.document.getElementById(id).style.height=this.document.body.offsetHeight+"px";
}
else if(document.getElementById) {
parent.document.getElementById(id).style.height=this.document.body.scrollHeight+"px"
}
}

Now playing

Artist:
    fresh moods
  Album:
    love death angel
  Track:
   one two
  Buy this track

[dominique@host ~]$

And if you want the last part :

[dominique@host ~]$ cat now.html | sed -e :a -e 's/<[^>]*>//g;/</N;//ba' | sed -n '/Now playing/,/Buy this track/p'
  Now playing

Artist:
    fresh moods
  Album:
    love death angel
  Track:
   one two
  Buy this track
[dominique@host ~]$ 

Last edited by chepioq (2013-08-24 18:16:27)

#6007 2013-08-24 18:13:48

arclance
#! Die Hard

^ You would still need to get rid of the carriage returns "\r" (if you aren't already, I don't read "sed") or you would end up with the same problem in the end.
Also leaving the html tags in usually makes parsing the page easier since they usually don't change (unless there is a site update) so they provide a good way to make the script able to differentiate different parts of the page that would otherwise be identical (not important here but it is on more complex pages).
You also loose the url of the image file the script finds that way.

Last edited by arclance (2013-08-24 18:14:58)

#6008 2013-08-24 18:39:05

Wodanford

When I use the weather object:

${weather EHWO wind_speed}

I get this message:

Conky: could not recognize the weather uri
***** Imlib2 Developer Warning ***** :
	This program is calling the Imlib call:

imlib_context_free();

With the parameter:

context

being NULL. Please fix your program.

I know the ICAO code is right. The second parameter is correct as well. What am I missing? I took the object from the conky site, it says the weather data are experimental. Perhaps that's what's going wrong? Or am I missing something?

@ falldown & Sector11; thank you!

Silverstone SUGO SG05BB-450 · Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe · Intel Core i5-3570K (lapped)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 ·Crucial 128GB m4 SSD · Crucial BX Tactical 8 GB DDR3-1600
Bluray drive (taken from an Acer Aspire 5940G) · iiyama ProLite B2776HDS
Logitech K230 · Razer Abyssus

#6009 2013-08-24 19:32:33

PackRat
#! Die Hard

chameleon wrote:

@arclance
Thanks for your input.
I will give this a try ASAP.
Out of time now...early shift tomorrow... sad

worked for me.

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

#6010 2013-08-25 08:01:57

Inodoro Pereyra
#! Die Hard

Ok, question for the wget/curl/sed/script gurus here. smile

I'm trying to get a moonphase display on my conky. Since I normally tend to go all out, I found this page:

http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004000/a004000/

Which not only shows a great pic of the moon (showing exactly 8760 different jpegs, and updated every hour), but also shows some extra information underneath the picture.

Now, I've already downloaded all 8760 pics. Tried wget and curl to get the page source, looking for the pic number (so I can sed it from conky). I've got all the code, but the pic number is not there. The best I can figure is the paage is calling a script, that's displaying the updated picture and data.

So, my question is: how do I get that number, and the data at the bottom of the pic, if it doesn't show on the page source code?

If I click on "inspect element", I get the info about the frame being displayed, but on the source code, it's not... sad

#6011 2013-08-25 09:02:40

dk75
#! Junkie

abi1H0og.png

loungeradio.sh - use as "${texecpi 15 $HOME/.conky/conkyparts/loungeradio.sh}"

#!/bin/bash

wget -q http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/now.html -O /tmp/loungeradio.html &&

mawk ' \
	/id="artist"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); print "Artist:",$0} \
	/id="album"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); print "Album:\t",$0} \
	/id="track"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); print "Track:\t",$0} \
	' /tmp/loungeradio.html

wget -q "http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/$(mawk -F"\"" '/id="covercontainer"/ {print $4}' /tmp/loungeradio.html)" -O - | convert - -scale 100x100 /tmp/loungeradio.png &&

echo '${image /tmp/loungeradio.png -p 100,70 -s 100x100 }'

exit

Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12-10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Intel X3100
Lenovo T61, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
Linux user No.: 483055 | Conky Pitstop

#6012 2013-08-25 09:26:00

dk75
#! Junkie

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:

Ok, question for the wget/curl/sed/script gurus here. smile

I'm trying to get a moonphase display on my conky. Since I normally tend to go all out, I found this page:

http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004000/a004000/

Which not only shows a great pic of the moon (showing exactly 8760 different jpegs, and updated every hour), but also shows some extra information underneath the picture.

Now, I've already downloaded all 8760 pics. Tried wget and curl to get the page source, looking for the pic number (so I can sed it from conky). I've got all the code, but the pic number is not there. The best I can figure is the paage is calling a script, that's displaying the updated picture and data.

So, my question is: how do I get that number, and the data at the bottom of the pic, if it doesn't show on the page source code?

If I click on "inspect element", I get the info about the frame being displayed, but on the source code, it's not... sad

Image name is determined by current year day and  UTC hour (it seems that images starts from 0001 not from 0000, so UTC+1):

day=$(printf "%d" $(date -u +%j))
hour=$(printf "%d" $(date -u +%H))
image="moon.$(printf "%04d" $[(day-1)*24 + hour + 1]).jpg"

If you have all images then you don't need that web page anymore ;p

PS: scratch what I've said before, NASA web page clock is off and messed my calculations.
It's 12:32 my local time, 10:32 UTC but NASA web page shows UT hour: 11 - their clock is +30 min off the right time.
Losers  ]:D

Last edited by dk75 (2013-08-25 10:38:09)

Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12-10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Intel X3100

#6013 2013-08-25 10:09:41

lionhead
#! Junkie

is it possible to display the latest facebook-posts within conky? i am using a members-only group at facebook (only for members of an astro-service).

#6014 2013-08-25 14:34:13

Wodanford

Improved my conkies a bit. The reticle and Skynet logo are now in their own conky so I can change them or move them around without having to resort to editing the background image. I'd like to add a little more information about my system, but sensors isn't giving me a whole lot. Just temps and loads of my cpu and its cores. The fan isn't even recognized...

Screenshot:

screenshotthumb2.png

Source material:

• conky 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

• Reticle

• Fabio Lanzoni (original picture found at Commons, though I used a cropped version, released under cc-by-2.0)

• The background, Skynet logo and original picture of Owain Yeoman are most likely copyright protected. I'm sure you can find them yourself, or some alternatives.

Reproducing the Terminator profile pictures with Gimp:

• Colors - Colorize

• Tint: 180

• Saturation: 50

• Brightness: 0

• Blur a bit to your liking and use a grainy cyan background, close to #66ffdd.

Edit: Updated file locations.

Last edited by Wodanford (2013-08-28 20:35:52)

Silverstone SUGO SG05BB-450 · Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe · Intel Core i5-3570K (lapped)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 ·Crucial 128GB m4 SSD · Crucial BX Tactical 8 GB DDR3-1600

#6015 2013-08-25 14:51:03

chameleon
UK #! Guy
Website

@dk75
That script works too cool
I really don't see a benefit though.
It generates a png with mawk...OK...
Also. the 'Artist' text is offset in my conky.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by chameleon (2013-08-25 15:02:52)

#6016 2013-08-25 15:09:52

arclance
#! Die Hard

lionhead wrote:

is it possible to display the latest facebook-posts within conky? i am using a members-only group at facebook (only for members of an astro-service).

Probably but you would need to use a scripting language to login to facebook in the script.
wget/curl/etc. won't do that (you need cookies) so this means no bash scripts.

python-requests is the easiest to use way I know to do that in a scripting language.
It may not be possible to login to facebook if the login page needs javascript to work however.
You can try logging in with javascript disabled in your web browser to check that.
The easiest way to find the correct format for the "post" data to send as the login request is to use firebug to capture one of your own logins to see what it should look like.

After you login you can go to the page you want to display something from with the script (making sure you pass the login cookie so you stay logged in) and then parse the page and format the result for display in conky.

Last edited by arclance (2013-08-25 15:12:46)

#6017 2013-08-25 16:10:53

dk75
#! Junkie

lionhead wrote:

There is some SDK's for it, JS, PHP, Flash, Python, JAVA... https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sdks/

#6018 2013-08-25 16:26:29

dk75
#! Junkie

chameleon wrote:

@dk75
That script works too cool
I really don't see a benefit though.
It generates a png with mawk...OK...
Also. the 'Artist' text is offset in my conky.

Since it uses '${texecpi}' you can add any Conky variable to print string inside double quote.
If you want to change order, then instead of printing right away save it to M/AWK variable, and then print in yours order inside 'END' clause.
Less bouncing between M/AWK and BASH the better:

#!/bin/bash

wget -q http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/now.html -O /tmp/loungeradio.html &&

mawk ' \
	/id="artist"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); artist=$0} \
	/id="album"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); album=$0} \
	/id="track"/ {getline; gsub(/<div>|<\/div>|^ +|[\f\n\r]/,""); track=$0} \
	END{
		print "${goto 20}Artist:${goto 90}"artist; \
		print "${goto 20}Album:${goto 90}"album; \
		print "${goto 20}Track:${goto 90}"track; \
	} \
	' /tmp/loungeradio.html

wget -q "http://www.lounge-radio.com/code/pushed_files/$(mawk -F"\"" '/id="covercontainer"/ {print $4}' /tmp/loungeradio.html)" -O - | convert - -scale 100x100 /tmp/loungeradio.png &&

echo '${image /tmp/loungeradio.png -p 100,70 -s 100x100 }'

exit

The PNG conversion is here since it might happen that not every pictures might be a JPG one - don't know that site well to say for sure. That way it's allways PNG to call with '${image}' variable, no error what so ever.
And why to save M/AWK output to BASH variable if the only thing you do with it is to print it? You can print it with M/AWK.
And benefit is to remove Windows CRLF end of line inside M/AWK without pipeling it outside. It's crucial with scripts that make alot of loop in short amount of time.

PS: when you want to pipe one SED to another you don't need to use a PIPE for that (which uses more resources), just use another "-n" inside of one SED call.
And piping CAT to GREP and then to AWK and then to SED and then to TR is waste, since all of this one AWK could do.

Last edited by dk75 (2013-08-25 16:33:41)

#6019 2013-08-25 16:48:51

chameleon
UK #! Guy
Website

@dk75
Thanks for the explanation.
I seem to have a version of conky without ${texecpi} at the moment - mind you my distro I am testing with this conky is experimental Void... wink
Good point about PNG.
I will add this to my collection and thanks again.

#6020 2013-08-25 16:52:07

dk75
#! Junkie

Use '${execpi}' then - it's not threaded so will wait a little for wget to end it's work, but no other differences.

#6021 2013-08-25 17:50:23

arclance
#! Die Hard

dk75 wrote:
lionhead wrote:

There is some SDK's for it, JS, PHP, Flash, Python, JAVA... https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sdks/

I am not surprised at all that those exist.
I assume they support login though since that would be needed for a members-only area?

dk75 wrote:

Use '${execpi}' then - it's not threaded so will wait a little for wget to end it's work, but no other differences.

Your lounge-radio script is better than the fix I posted, speed is important when running things directly from conky and that should be faster.
Another reason to convert to png is that I have seen conky have problems displaying gif images.
In my weather script I noticed that the individual frames exploded from the animated radar gif occasionally were showing up corrupted in conky.
Converting them to png stopped that from happening.

It would be possible to work around the lack of "${texecpi}" by using LuaLanes to write a threaded lua script (for a situation like this where you just need to wait for the network connection) but I can tell you from having done that myself (though I just wanted as much as possible done in Lua) that the logic for getting the timing of the interval at which the thread is started is somewhat annoying.

#6022 2013-08-25 18:21:47

Inodoro Pereyra
#! Die Hard

Thank you Dk for the reply. big_smile

dk75 wrote:

Image name is determined by current year day and  UTC hour (it seems that images starts from 0001 not from 0000, so UTC+1):

day=$(printf "%d" $(date -u +%j))
hour=$(printf "%d" $(date -u +%H))
image="moon.$(printf "%04d" $[(day-1)*24 + hour + 1]).jpg"

If you have all images then you don't need that web page anymore ;p

I will try that, see what I can make of it. But I'd actually like to display some of the information found at the bottom of the image, if possible. That's why I wanted to get the information from the page. The problem is I'm as rookie as one may be on all this stuff, so maybe I have everything I need right in front of my face, and I don't see it.
Either way, I'll play with the code. The image alone is better than nothing. smile

On a side note, I live in the southern hemisphere, so I see the moon rotated 180 degrees. Is there a way I can get the picture rotated before displaying it? (not mirrored, as that would mess up the angle, but rotated).

dk75 wrote:

PS: scratch what I've said before, NASA web page clock is off and messed my calculations.
It's 12:32 my local time, 10:32 UTC but NASA web page shows UT hour: 11 - their clock is +30 min off the right time.
Losers  ]:D

Actually, it's not off. It just takes the hour, no minutes or seconds. So, if you're at 0 Hr, 32 Min, you're at 32 minutes of the hour "1", the first hour in the day (and will be in that hour until minute 60, when you'll jump to the "0" minute of hour "2").
So that means I'll probably have to add 1 to your hour calculation, then... cool

#6023 2013-08-25 18:28:46

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

@ Wodanford

That is really nice I love the wallpaper ... and I have to ask:

Monitoring programs won't work until the needed modules are
loaded. You may want to run '/etc/init.d/kmod start'
to load them.

Did you answer yes to everything in sensors-detect and run /etc/init.d/kmod start at the end?
Have to ask, I get less info with this CPU than I did with my old one so I know what you mean.  sad

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#6024 2013-08-25 19:12:53

Wodanford

Thank you. I have to be honest here, the wallpaper alone automatically made the rest look pretty good. Yes I did run sensors-detect and I answered all the questions positively. I manually modified /etc/modules. This is what sensors gives:

acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +27.8°C  (crit = +106.0°C)
temp2:        +29.8°C  (crit = +106.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Physical id 0:  +45.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 0:         +45.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1:         +38.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 2:         +41.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 3:         +35.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

I wonder what this "virtual device" is... May I ask which CPU you're using? Mine is the Core i5-3570K.

Last edited by Wodanford (2013-08-25 19:19:25)

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#6025 2013-08-25 19:26:28

Inodoro Pereyra
#! Die Hard

@ Wodanford: Coretemp has proven to be a PITA to use, in the past. What worked for me (thanks to the contribution of people who knows about this a lot more than  I do) is:

${execi 20 sensors | awk '/Core 0/ {gsub(/\+/,"",$3); gsub(/\..+/,"",$3); print $3}'}°C

Change your core number as needed.
Hope it helps. smile

Board footer