SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-14 15:17:17

donkeyotay
#! CrunchBanger

Connecting to VPN

Afternoon All,
I'm trying to connect to torvpn. If I try to import the supplied ovpn file into NM-Applet 0.9.8.0 nothing happens. I can find & click on the file, but the program simply disappears when I press ok. A similar thing happens if I start NM-Applet as root. And I cannot manually configure the open vpn connection because it's greyed out, presumably because I'm not root. If I try to configure manually as root, the connection times out. What am I missing?
The error message I get states

No Valid VPN Secrets

I can connect on my daughters netbook running NM-Applet 0.9.4.1 on Wheezy without any problems and without being root.

I've done a new install & upgraded to Sid recently, so am presuming that I'm missing something or something is broken.

Any help gratefully received.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2013-05-14 15:32:14

donkeyotay
#! CrunchBanger

Re: Connecting to VPN

sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager restart

#3 2013-05-15 13:07:07

shem
#! Member

Re: Connecting to VPN

The ovpn-file should be a readable text-file. You probably have to read the ovpn-file and manually add in nm-applet (network-manager). I know I had to. Remember to check advanced settings!!

Edit: Yeah, didn't read carefully enough! sad I had the same problem with greyed out settings in nm-applet some months ago, but it has since changed. Perhaps check if your group-memberships are satisfactory... I've also just installed newest Waldorf on a small net-top, and have no problems setting up openvpn on that one.

Last edited by shem (2013-05-15 13:19:39)

Board footer