SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-29 14:06:47

saneks
#! Die Hard

Back to #! and a question

Hi Folks, after my beloved Mint 9 Fluxbox install decided not to let me log in anymore, I decided to eventually install statler on my eee701. It's currently copying over the XFCE version..

I had some trouble rescuing my /home to my external drive. neither #! nor slitaz could detect my internal ssd in live mode.. I reember having had similar issues with alpha1 live on my desktop pc.
I solved the issue by installing Nautilus, which could do the job. but I wonder why was that? the ssd was shown in gparted, but could not mount it with thunar, did not see it in mnt or media.. also slitaz mountbox was able to see it but not mount it.. suggestions?

anyway, nice to be back with #!

cheers!

eee701 user & other lap/desktops

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2011-01-29 14:14:44

luc
#! Die Hard

Re: Back to #! and a question

This is not actually a solution but before I would install nautilus to a live system I would try to mount the disk from the terminal. Then you should see it with thunar (at least you can then access the place where you mounted it to). This might (depending on you inet) also be faster then installing software.
luc

#3 2011-01-29 14:18:04

psykonerd

Oyeh ! smile
you should check Dropbox out at dropbox.com. with Dropbox you newer have to be conserned bout backup, its done right a way smile (2 GB free ) Peace out.

#4 2011-01-29 15:16:48

FiniteStateMachine
Part of the Machine

psykonerd wrote:

Oyeh ! smile
you should check Dropbox out at dropbox.com. with Dropbox you newer have to be conserned bout backup, its done right a way smile (2 GB free ) Peace out.

Dropbox is definitely the wrong tool for the job when your talking about an entire home folder + more.

just call me...
~FSM~

#5 2013-05-07 15:50:55

No-Thing

FiniteStateMachine wrote:
psykonerd wrote:

Oyeh ! smile

Dropbox is definitely the wrong tool for the job when your talking about an entire home folder + more.

Why is that? If you have 16 GB on dropbox - should it not be enough space for the home folder?
I think this would be enough for me - but I am still working on making this happen!
At the moment I am boosting my dropbox folder with more free GB smile
I should have 16 gb soon, and I think it would be more then enough for backup of my home folder.

Anyone have anything on there heart to share regarding this?

With love and gratitude -
No-Thing

With love and gratitude - No-Thing But Divine
I am an orphan, alone; nevertheless I am found everywhere. I am one, but opposed to myself. I am youth and an old man at one and the same time. In woods and mountains I roam, but I am hidden in the innermost soul of man. I am mortal for everyone, yet I am not touched by the cycle of the aeons.

Board footer