SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-14 19:20:48

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Linux Fest Northwest coming up

Hi, all --

For those of you living in the Pacific Northwest in the U.S. (and I know there are a few of you), CrunchBang will have a table at Linux Fest Northwest in Bellingham, Washington, on April 27-28.

Here's the link to the event: http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/

Like last year, we'll have a table and I have already submitted a paper to give a talk about CrunchBang. We'll also be scheduling a "Birds of a Feather" meetup session on the 28th, like we did last year, and hopefully we'll have corenominal drop in again via Google Hangout during the BoF.

I'm arranging with On-Disk to burn about 200 pieces of media (it's on me) to hand out, along with some other info at LFNW. Last year, around 1,200 folks visited LFNW and we ran out of 150 pieces of media in the two-day event. I'm expecting more people and I'm also making sure we don't run out.

Also, we'll have a sticker this year (and I'm open to ideas for more stickers, if you have 'em):

15943044.jpg

Unlike SCALE, I am not part of the organizational team for LFNW, so I can just put on my CrunchBang hat and represent the distro. What would be helpful, and fun, is if other CrunchBangers who are going to LFNW can put in some time at the table. Last year, Bill and Portia Smith were incredibly helpful at the table and I hope to see them again this year, but the more the merrier.

If you're going to LFNW and want us to put you down as an "exhibitor" e-mail me off-forum at lcafiero-at-lavabit-dot-com

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2013-03-15 13:41:27

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

Re: Linux Fest Northwest coming up

Hi lcafiero, unfortunately I'm not living close but I'm glad you're so active. +1

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

#3 2013-03-15 16:43:04

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

That's OK, Barnabyh -- but I would encourage you, and everyone else, to go to any Linux expo or fest that's in your area. I don't know what the schedule is in Europe, but here in the US we have LFNW, then (if memory serves) Texas Linux Fest in Austin (I'll be there with #!), SouthEast Linux Fest in Charlotte, North Carolina (I probably will go to this as well, but it would entail my flying across the country -- and my distaste for flying is legendary in some circles), OSCON in Portland (won't have a booth there -- hard to get for "small fish"), and Ohio Linux Fest in the fall.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

#4 2013-03-16 00:49:45

Barnabyh
#! Die Hard
Website

I used to go to LinuxWorldExpo @ London Olympia in Kensington every year since the early 2000's but it seems to have folded. Last time I was there, a few years ago, they shared the same floor space Linux had for themselves with the Mac and I think Adobe or Photoshop expo. Not good. There doesn't seem anything going on in this regard any more. Best time was around 2005/06 or so when Sun came out with their Sun Linux, around these years there was a lot of interest in Linux here and it was crowded. Later there was a stark decline in visitors. I remember talking to the guy at the Linux Magazine stall in 2008 forever, then going to grab a coffee, had a walk around and came back to chat some more and he was still by himself.

Germany is going strong in this aspect, there's LinuxTag at the TU Berlin every year and several other expos are happening as well. Then you got Cebit and several other trade fairs that are at least related to IT/computing and where I'm sure one could have a presence if desired. I think there's also a LinuxWorldExpo in Cologne or Frankfurt, but references to that are older and maybe that has stopped as well. Perhaps someone can enlighten us if there's any more in Europe going on.

From ArchBang to SlackBang | Project SlackBang

Say no to bugs. - It's not a bug, it's a worm.

#5 2013-03-16 01:17:43

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

There's always Fosdem, too -- I'd like to see that once before I die.

#6 2013-04-10 22:49:57

xoraxiom

I'll be at LFNW this year, and will definitely be representing CrunchBang#!  big_smile

#7 2013-04-10 22:52:02

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Cool, xoraxiom -- see you there! I'll send you a PM to coordinate.

Board footer