SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-12 18:56:07

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Items for Linux Fest Northwest

Hey, all --

I'm currently getting stuff ready for the CrunchBang Linux table at Linux Fest Northwest at the end of April, and I think I have the Live CDs covered (I've been burning them periodically and will probably borrow a musician friend's multiple burner sometime next week), and as I've mentioned before, I will probably have a laptop set up with the latest ISOs so folks can make a live USB (a Fedora trick I've picked up from expos past).

I'll be posting the CD labels once I finish them in case anyone wants to use them, but they will be very straightforward. I'm not much of an artist -- I never graduated past stick figures.

I will probably make up a banner to go behind the table (though Fedora has a very cool tablecloth with Fedora on it that works just as well -- I'm looking into that as well), but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea about what that might look like. I like something like this, but I'm open to suggestions:

crunchbang_debian_derivative.jpg

It would be white lettering on a black background. I don't know what the collective sense is about including Debian on the banner (the swirl and "Debian based . . ." ). I am completely fine with it, but others may not be.

Christer Edwards at SaltStack had stickers at SCALE made from a meme called "success kid" that I thought was particularly funny. It said, "Went to SCALE. Got SaltStack." So I am thinking about printing some up for LFNW (by "printing up," of course, I mean making them fit on a sheet of Avery labels in a corresponding size and cutting the sheets  up after I print them). What I'd have at LFNW, at 400 pixels square, is this:

15943044.jpg

There's a good chance I may buy a package of stickers from the shop to give away at LFNW as well, not to mention pitching the shop at the show. But I'm open to any promotional ideas that folks have.

Thanks in advance.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-03-13 02:53:16

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Re: Items for Linux Fest Northwest

Just an opinion but Debian curl (logo) is fine, after all #! is Debian based.

Love what you got LFNW!  Perfect!  So when's your one man show in Argentina?

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#3 2012-04-23 20:36:40

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Just a quick update:

-- We're ready to go for Linux Fest Northwest: I will be at the table with two CrunchBangers from the area (thanks, Bill and Brandon).

-- I also traded up, so to speak, on session times: The Intro to CrunchBang will be on Saturday morning, not Sunday morning (thanks to Greg DeKoenigsberg of Eucalyptus, who will be getting in late and needed the Sunday morning slot). If there's a stream or a podcast of the presentation, I'll let you know.

-- The CrunchBang Birds of a Feather (BoF) will be Sunday morning.

A more detailed report will be given next week after the show.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#4 2012-04-24 06:48:45

katsh
#! CrunchBanger

Good luck and have fun smile

regex.kat.sh --- regex library
u.kat.sh ---- url shortener
tabbit.org ---- tabbed pastebin

#5 2012-04-24 07:36:28

Anakinholland
#! CrunchBanger

Enjoy your time there, and good luck to the lot of ya' !:)

Use what you like. If you don't like it, improve it. If you can't, look for something else. || **Please read before posting** || Edit the first post in a topic and mark it [solved] if it has been.

Board footer