SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#351 2012-02-07 20:48:05

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gmonti wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:
gmonti wrote:

@ Mrpeachy, tested and working smoothly without any error.

thanks gmonti smile

Do you want to do something special??

something special? how do you mean?

I don't know... change something in the lua or in the conkyrc, whatever you want to test outside your pc.

see the screenshot http://satelite.dynalias.net/conky/v9000.png

ah i see...
i was thinking of writing a test template so that every possible settings gets tested

but it seems to be working, which is the main thing smile ... due to your location you wouldn't get the weather alerts i dont think

ive been testing with los angeles smile they seem to be having interesting weather

Offline

Be excellent to each other!

#352 2012-02-07 20:54:00

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gmonti wrote:

Mrpeachy just one question... How do I change the mph to kmh???

in the template file weather_script.lua

change for current (line 45) from wind_mph to wind_km

then edit line 37 ( edit: of .v9000_config.lua ) to set what you want the units to be for current

local wind_km_unit=" kmh"

which reminds me that i need to update the howto to add in some new unit conversions also!
scratch that, i already did smile

Last edited by mrpeachy (2012-02-07 21:06:50)

Offline

#353 2012-02-07 20:54:38

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

...snip

but it seems to be working, which is the main thing smile ... due to your location you wouldn't get the weather alerts i dont think

ive been testing with los angeles smile they seem to be having interesting weather

Yes it is true, we don't get alerts here, too nice weather though.:)


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#354 2012-02-07 21:04:38

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

...snip

then edit line 37 to set what you want the units to be for current

local wind_km_unit=" kmh"

in the .v9000_config.lua

Giuliano


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#355 2012-02-07 21:06:05

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

@gmonti that is the one

I suppose it would have been helpful if i had mentioned which file to edit! big_smile

Offline

#356 2012-02-07 21:10:54

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

lol

hahahahahahahahaha


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#357 2012-02-07 21:15:37

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

Mrpeachy... Do I bother too much if I ask You to adapt this v9000 in the conkybar? I have been trying but only get a mess, I don't go along with lua yet. sad

With the rssweather.com service I don get forecast. Please...


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#358 2012-02-07 21:22:56

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gmonti wrote:

Mrpeachy... Do I bother too much if I ask You to adapt this v9000 in the conkybar? I have been trying but only get a mess, I don't go along with lua yet. sad

With the rssweather.com service I don get forecast. Please...

you mean the clickable conkybar i wrote?

possible... but potentially problematic

which files are you currently using?

Offline

#359 2012-02-07 21:28:50

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:
gmonti wrote:

Mrpeachy... Do I bother too much if I ask You to adapt this v9000 in the conkybar? I have been trying but only get a mess, I don't go along with lua yet. sad

With the rssweather.com service I don get forecast. Please...

you mean the clickable conkybar i wrote?

possible... but potentially problematic

which files are you currently using?

Yes the clickable conkybar you wrote.

Which files? I use all that comes packages in the tar.gz

the problematic one is the conkybar.lua

I mean to use intellicast.com or wunderground.com intead of rssweather.com not all the v9000.


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#360 2012-02-10 00:37:53

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

i havnt had much time to do anything much outside of the "real world" big_smile
but i should have time tomorrow to get the new version of v9000 set up and the how-to edited

also to look into the interactivity issue

also (i hope he doesnt mind me posting this) but ive gotten a pm from Vetto asking me about setting up weather for him using v9000... problem is that he only speaks Italian and is using a translator... so there is a bit of a language barrier between the two of us!

so im not sure that i am going to be able to help him

Last edited by mrpeachy (2012-02-10 00:38:25)

Offline

#361 2012-02-10 18:00:47

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

PART 10 - how to display weather alerts
NOTE: weather alerts are only available for US locations

due to the fact that it is not possible to know ahead of time whether your area will have weather alerts or not (and if you do have them, there could be an unknown number of them) displaying weather alerts should be set up this way in the script:

here is what the weather alert section from weather_display.lua looks (the weather display that comes in the archive)

--ALERTS SECTION
--show alert icon
image({x=0,y=390,h=20,w=20,file=alert_icon})
--show number of alerts
out({x=5,y=430,fs=18,txt=alert_number})
--display alert information
display_alerts=2--set number of alerts to show,set 0 to show all
top_left_alert_x=30--set top left coordinates for entire alerts section
top_left_alert_y=400--^alerts will display in a single column
alert_gap=40--sets the gap between the TOP of one alert and the TOP of the next alert
--#######################################################################################################################################
if alert_number==0 then noal=1 elseif alert_number~=0 and display_alerts>alert_number then noal=alert_number else noal=display_alerts end
for i=1,noal do--start of alerts display section. do not edit ###########################################################################
local tlx=top_left_alert_x--write output relative to tlx #################################
local tly=top_left_alert_y+((i-1)*alert_gap)--write output relative to tlx ###############
--########################################################################################
out({c=0xffffff,a=1,f="mono",fs=8,x=tlx,y=tly,   txt=alert_type[i]})
out({c=0xffffff,a=1,f="mono",fs=8,x=tlx,y=tly+15,txt=alert_issued[i]})
--########################################################################################
end--of alert display section ############################################################
--########################################################################################

essentially the alerts work the same way as the forecast repeat, except that you don't set individual x and y coordinates for each alert.  You set a top x and top y and then specify how much vertical space between alerts

the alerts section here is commented and uses the out() function to display the text within the alert section for loop.

If anyone tries the alerts feature and needs more detailed instruction then let me know

Last edited by mrpeachy (2012-02-18 17:08:54)

Offline

#362 2012-02-10 18:11:45

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

well, i think v9000 is done
apart from fixing any problems that might arise v9000.lua has all the features its going to have

perhaps i might think some more about the alert display method
... allow the setup of a number of columns for example instead of only allowing 1

but that wont affect the main script, only the templates

Offline

#363 2012-02-10 20:05:54

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

i havnt had much time to do anything much outside of the "real world" big_smile

Looks good on you - love the tan!  lol

mrpeachy wrote:

also (i hope he doesnt mind me posting this) but ive gotten a pm from Vetto asking me about setting up weather for him using v9000... problem is that he only speaks Italian and is using a translator... so there is a bit of a language barrier between the two of us!

I'll give it a go, I'm bilingual, English and imTranslator, plus I have this already:

Tornado
   Tornado
Tropical Storm
   Tempesta tropicale
Hurricane
   Uragano
Severe Thunderstorms
   Forti temporali
Thunderstorms
   Temporali
Mixed Rain and Snow
   Pioggia mista a neve
Mixed Rain and Sleet
   Pioggia mista a nevischio
Mixed Precipitation
   Precipitazioni miste
Freezing Drizzle
   Pioviggine gelata
Drizzle
   Pioviggine
Freezing Rain
   Pioggia gelata
Light Rain
   Deboli piogge
Rain
   Pioggia
Snow Flurries
   Neve leggera
Light Snow Showers
   Scarse Precipitazioni Nevose
Drifting Snow
   Tempesta di neve
Snow
   Neve
Hail
   Grandine
Sleet
   Nevischio
Dust
   Polvere
Fog
   Nebbia
Haze
   Foschia
Smoke
   Fumo
Blustery
   Vento forte
Windy
   Ventoso
N/A
   N/A
Cloudy
   Nuvoloso
Mostly Cloudy
   Molto nuvoloso
Partly Cloudy
   Parzialmente nuvoloso
Clear
   Sereno
Fair
   Limpido
Mixed Rain and Hail
   Pioggia e grandine
Hot
   Caldo
Isolated Thunderstorms
   Isolati temporali
Scattered Thunderstorms
   Temporali sparsi
Scattered Showers
   Piogge sparse
Heavy Rain
   Forti piogge
Scattered Snow Showers
   Nevicate sparse
Heavy Snow
   Forti nevicate
Snow Showers
   Nevicate

Now
   Adesso
Today
   Oggi
Monday
   lunedì
Tuesday
   martedì
Wednesday
   mercoledì
Thursday
   giovedì
Friday
   venerdì
Saturday
   sabato
Sunday
   domenica
Mon
   lun
Tue
   mar
Wed
   mer
Thu
   gio
Fri
   ven
Sat
   sab
Sun
   Dom

January
   gennaio
February
   febbraio
March
   marzo
April
   aprile
May
   maggio
June
   giugno
Juky
   luglio
August
   agosto
September
   settembre
October
   ottobre
November
   novembre
December
   dicembre

Spring
   la primavera
Summer
   l’estate
Autumn
   l’autunno
Winter
   l’inverno

New
   Luna Nuova
First Quarter
   Primo Quarto
Full
   Luna Piena
Last Quarter
   Ultimo Quarto
Waning Crescent
   Luna Calante
Waning Gibbous
   Gibbosa Calante
Waxing Crescent
   Luna Crescente
Waxing Gibbous
   Gibbosa Crescente

n/a
   n/a

Not Available
   Non disponibile
unknown
   sconosciuto
NONE
   NESSUNO

day
   giorno
night
   notte

Extreme
   Estrema
Very High
   Molto alta
High
   Alto
Low
   Basso
Very Low
   Molto basso
Moderate
   Moderato

rising
   aumento
falling
   diminuzione
steady
   stazionaria
calm
   calma

East
   Est
East Northeast
   Est NordEst
East Southeast
   Est SudEst
North
   Nord
Northeast
   NordEst
North Northeast
   Nord NordEst
North Northwest
   Nord NordOvest
Northwest
   NordOvest
South
   Sud
Southeast
   SudEst
South Southeast
   Sud SudEst
South Southwest
   Sud SudOvest
Southwest
   SudOvest
West
   Ovest
West Northwest
   Ovest NordOvest
West Southwest
   Ovest SudOvest
variable
   variabile

E
   E
ENE
   ENE
ESE
   ESE
N
   N
NE
   NE
NNE
   NNE
NNW
   NNO
NW
   NO
S
   S
SE
   SE
SSE
   SSE
SSW
   SSO
SW
   SO
W
   O
WNW
   ONO
WSW
   OSO

°C
    °C
kph
    km/h
km
    km
mb
    mb
°F
   °F
mph
   mph
m
   m
in
   in

I've PM'd him


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#364 2012-02-10 20:15:02

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

section 10 - how to display alerts
NOTE weather alerts are only available for US locations

OK, What am I missing?

Index
SECTION 1 - Data Options
SECTION 2 - How To Use The Out() Function
SECTION 3 - Using The Image() Function
SECTION 4 - Using The Forecast Day Repeat
SECTION 5 - Setting Up And Using The Short Conditions Option
SECTION 6 - Using A Seperate Display Script
SECTION 7 - Using The Xout() Function
SECTION 8 - ??
SECTION 9 - ??
SECTION 10 - How To Display Alerts


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#365 2012-02-10 20:18:18

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

well, i think v9000 is done
apart from fixing any problems that might arise v9000.lua has all the features its going to have

perhaps i might think some more about the alert display method
... allow the setup of a number of columns for example instead of only allowing 1

but that wont affect the main script, only the templates

Mrpeachy, did you upgrade something since what it is in this post? 2012-02-07 http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/187444/#p187444

In my case we do not get alerts where i'm living, Can I comment out all the ALERTS SECTION  without having problem or there is anything else to comment??

Last edited by gmonti (2012-02-10 20:18:49)


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#366 2012-02-10 20:25:54

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gmonti wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

well, i think v9000 is done
apart from fixing any problems that might arise v9000.lua has all the features its going to have

perhaps i might think some more about the alert display method
... allow the setup of a number of columns for example instead of only allowing 1

but that wont affect the main script, only the templates

Mrpeachy, did you upgrade something since what it is in this post? 2012-02-07 http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/187444/#p187444

In my case we do not get alerts where i'm living, Can I comment out all the ALERTS SECTION  without having problem or there is anything else to comment??

its the same as the one i posted a few posts back, so if you dont get alerts you can comment out or delete the alerts section in the template

Offline

#367 2012-02-10 20:28:46

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

Sector11 wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

section 10 - how to display alerts
NOTE weather alerts are only available for US locations

OK, What am I missing?

Index
SECTION 1 - Data Options
SECTION 2 - How To Use The Out() Function
SECTION 3 - Using The Image() Function
SECTION 4 - Using The Forecast Day Repeat
SECTION 5 - Setting Up And Using The Short Conditions Option
SECTION 6 - Using A Seperate Display Script
SECTION 7 - Using The Xout() Function
SECTION 8 - ??
SECTION 9 - ??
SECTION 10 - How To Display Alerts

8 is using the translate ability
9 is setting up with slow conkyrc update interval (but the script is set up like that now anyway)

i havnt added 10 to the first post yet, but the other 9 links are there

Offline

#368 2012-02-10 20:31:05

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

Sector11 wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

section 10 - how to display alerts
NOTE weather alerts are only available for US locations

OK, What am I missing?

Index
SECTION 1 - Data Options
SECTION 2 - How To Use The Out() Function
SECTION 3 - Using The Image() Function
SECTION 4 - Using The Forecast Day Repeat
SECTION 5 - Setting Up And Using The Short Conditions Option
SECTION 6 - Using A Seperate Display Script
SECTION 7 - Using The Xout() Function
SECTION 8 - ??
SECTION 9 - ??
SECTION 10 - How To Display Alerts


@Sector11....

8.  how to use the translate functions
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/181415/#p181415

9.  how to get your v9000 to work with a slow conky update_interval setting
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/186277/#p186277
NOTE - the most recent script now has these steps implemented
UPDATED POST UPDATED POST UPDATED POST UPDATED POST

First page of this thread big_smile


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#369 2012-02-10 20:36:17

gmonti
#! CrunchBanger
From: Caracas, Venezuela
Registered: 2011-12-07
Posts: 108

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:

its the same as the one i posted a few posts back, so if you dont get alerts you can comment out or delete the alerts section in the template

Thank You Mrpeachy


Giuliano Monti Avellino
Debian/Squeeze
Gnome

Offline

#370 2012-02-10 21:00:47

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
From: SR11 Cockpit
Registered: 2010-05-05
Posts: 15,667
Website

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gmonti wrote:
Sector11 wrote:
mrpeachy wrote:

section 10 - how to display alerts
NOTE weather alerts are only available for US locations

OK, What am I missing?


@Sector11....

8.  how to use the translate functions
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/181415/#p181415

9.  how to get your v9000 to work with a slow conky update_interval setting
http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/post/186277/#p186277
NOTE - the most recent script now has these steps implemented
UPDATED POST UPDATED POST UPDATED POST UPDATED POST

First page of this thread big_smile

I saw that and was updating the HowTo test file I have, I should have edited this first.  Thanks though.


·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

Offline

#371 2012-02-13 03:16:20

PackRat
#! Die Hard
From: USA
Registered: 2011-03-03
Posts: 1,572

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

Working for the most part - get a concatenate error every now and then, but that is after several restarts - well done Mr. P.

tY3Nrcg


"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce tribe

Offline

#372 2012-02-13 13:24:38

gregkwaste
Member
Registered: 2012-01-25
Posts: 25

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

Okay another question from me, i'd like to change temp units to  celcius, If there is no easy way on this, can i somehow make the convertion inside the out function?

Offline

#373 2012-02-13 14:35:32

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

PackRat wrote:

Working for the most part - get a concatenate error every now and then, but that is after several restarts - well done Mr. P.

tY3Nrcg

Thanks for the feedback PackRat
can you post the error if you see it again?

Offline

#374 2012-02-13 14:39:38

mrpeachy
20% cooler
From: The Everfree Forest
Registered: 2009-11-08
Posts: 3,460

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

gregkwaste wrote:

Okay another question from me, i'd like to change temp units to  celcius, If there is no easy way on this, can i somehow make the convertion inside the out function?

to change the temp unit you need to have the intellicast address set to either F or C

go to intellicast, extended forecast then click on the C right next to where it says "current conditions"

the script cant do both at the moment although i was thinking about putting in a conversion ability
should be pretty easy to do smile

Offline

Be excellent to each other!

#375 2012-02-13 14:49:48

gregkwaste
Member
Registered: 2012-01-25
Posts: 25

Re: weather in conky (LUA scripts) updated 12/26/13!

mrpeachy wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:

Okay another question from me, i'd like to change temp units to  celcius, If there is no easy way on this, can i somehow make the convertion inside the out function?

to change the temp unit you need to have the intellicast address set to either F or C

go to intellicast, extended forecast then click on the C right next to where it says "current conditions"

the script cant do both at the moment although i was thinking about putting in a conversion ability
should be pretty easy to do smile


-.- and now i have created a function to make the convertion -.-.  Can i do that with the wind speed? from mph to kmh?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo