SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-01 10:38:33

taklertamas
#! CrunchBanger

Yet another MC topic

Sorry for the new topic, but I've got a problem what I haven't found yet here...

2011_06_01_1306924167_1280x800_scrot.jpg

I think I've made some changes when I tried to theming MC, but I think I made something wery wrong... :-D
Everytime when I type MC in the terminal, I got a big blackness, so not MC.....
I reinstalled it, but nothing's changed, so if anyone knows a good recipe to solve the problem, please
HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

thanks a lot!!!

Dell Studio 1537+#! Waldorf || http://taklertamas.deviantart.com/gallery/

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2011-06-01 13:14:30

vredfreak

Re: Yet another MC topic

taklertamas wrote:

I reinstalled it, but nothing's changed, so if anyone knows a good recipe to solve the problem, please
HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

Typically, reinstalling does not create new config files, so you are still running off the same config file you were previously.  You can choose "complete removal" in synaptic, or "apt-get --purge" to remove the program and the config files, and then reinstall mc.  That should at least give you a fresh start and a working mc.  You will obviously lose any customizations you made.

Of course, this assumes that the customizations you made are the cause of the problem.

If that doesn't work, you can try deleting the .mc folder in your home directory.

Last edited by vredfreak (2011-06-01 13:15:22)

Me:  I talk to myself
Myself:  Yes, I know.
I:  Both of you shut up!

#3 2011-06-01 14:00:56

EmaRsk

I don't know if this was clear from the previous post, maybe it was implied, however:
Reinstalling or doing an "apt-get --purge mc" won't remove anything from the user's home, it will just clean /etc files (pertaining the mc package, of course).
You'll need to manually remove your ~/.mc folder, then it will be freshly recreated the first time you run mc.

(edit: typo)

Last edited by EmaRsk (2011-06-05 13:08:53)

it's != its

#4 2011-06-01 14:04:45

vredfreak

EmaRsk wrote:

I don't know if this was clear from the previous post, maybe it was implied, however:
Reinstalling or doing an "apt-get --purge mc" won't remove anything from the user's home, it will just clean /etc files (pertaining the mc package, of course).
You'll need to manually remove your ~/.mc folder, then it will be freshly recreated the firs time you run mc.

You're right, I should have been clearer.  I was not sure if the customizations were made globally or individually, hence the distinction.

Thanks.

Me:  I talk to myself
Myself:  Yes, I know.
I:  Both of you shut up!

Board footer