SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#351 2014-04-18 13:52:35

g33zr
#! Die Hard

Re: The Official #! Over-the-Hill-CrunchGang Thread

^ I suspect that more than a few of us here sport a similar lack of hair--at least on top of the old dome! In my case, there's more hair below the ears than above. In short, a classic "chrome dome"!  O:)

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#352 2014-04-18 20:09:12

damo
#! gimpbanger

There is a "hair line" like there is a "tide line" - as you get older it sinks! So there is less on top, and more sprouting in unecessary places lower down big_smile

BunsenLabs Group on deviantArt
damo's gallery on deviantArt
Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#353 2014-04-19 12:45:54

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Yea, but my "high forehead" line started in my 20's and along with a little hole on the top and back a bit.  At least the "ring" of hair is staying steady.  In the 90's I grew a short beard that's I've had since ... I tell people I'm not growing bald, some of my hair went south for the winter and stopped at my chin.  lol  lol

I've had people say, try hair transplants, try a wig ... oh, excuse me and "toupe" ... WHY?

1. I've seen how 'rugs' blend in ... NOT!
2. It really doesn't bother me.  smile

·  ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓   ↓  ·
BunsenLabs Forums now Open for Registration
·  ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑   ↑  · BL ModSquad

#354 2014-04-20 00:28:52

g33zr
#! Die Hard

Ha! My hair started getting a tad thin at the temples when I was just 17. By the time of I was 30, the Friar Tuck tonsure in the back decided to migrate quicker toward the temples. To balance things out a bit, I've worn a (usually) trimmed full beard, which I began to grown the day I left the military some 44 years ago.  Yikes! yikes

I also refuse to get a hair transplant or wear a rug, aka toupe. Actually, I prefer to shave my head, but my wife complains that I look...ah...too "insane." My answer is "look???"  ]:D  ]:D  ]:D

Anyway, as they say in the old country, "Grass doesn't grow on a busy street."  wink

OHCG | LXer

#355 2014-04-20 01:20:01

damo
#! gimpbanger

By the time that it's a solar panel for a sex machine, the machine is in dire need of an upgrade  :8

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#356 2014-04-20 01:55:27

mrpeachy
20% cooler

what is this about solar paneled sex machines?? and where can I get one??

#357 2014-04-20 01:57:35

pvsage
Internal Affairs

^ I thought you weren't old enough for this thread! tongue

#358 2014-04-20 02:00:47

mrpeachy
20% cooler

^ at the moment i feel old enough  big_smile
just like my mother always said, you are only as old as the sexbot you feel

so with that said, i would like to introduce you to Derek:
RTEmagicC_800px-Ertingen_Dampfmaschine.JPG.jpg

Last edited by mrpeachy (2014-04-20 02:14:32)

#359 2014-04-20 02:36:03

damo
#! gimpbanger

mrpeachy wrote:

what is this about solar paneled sex machines?? and where can I get one??

It's another justification for a shiny head wink

Openbox themes
Forum Moderator smile

#360 2014-04-20 03:08:24

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Geezer wrote:

Ha! My hair started getting a tad thin at the temples when I was just 17. By the time of I was 30, the Friar Tuck tonsure in the back decided to migrate quicker toward the temples. To balance things out a bit, I've worn a (usually) trimmed full beard, which I began to grown the day I left the military some 44 years ago.  Yikes! yikes

Yup, that's me too, had the moustache for YEARS, got up on my last day in the mob, washed, shaved, put on the old rag, went to the Chief's office and signed on the dotted line and became a Mr., 45 minutes later I was back home.

Had my full beard since ... no not true.  About 5 years later I shaved it off before going to have a coffee with some friends.  No one even noticed, out of 7 other people and of course the 'shadow' started getting darker after that until one day one of the ladies that was at that coffee meet, looked at me and, "Hey, you're growing a beard!"  Looking her straight in the eye as I was hauling my drivers licence from my pocket to show her, I said, "If you ever get your hair done and I don't notice, don't you dare say a word to me." and handed her my licence as I continued, "I've always had a full beard, as long as you've known me." Her eyes went 8) , "OOPS!" lol lol lol lol lol

Geezer wrote:

I also refuse to get a hair transplant or wear a rug, aka toupe. Actually, I prefer to shave my head, but my wife complains that I look...ah...too "insane." My answer is "look???"  ]:D  ]:D  ]:D

Anyway, as they say in the old country, "Grass doesn't grow on a busy street."  wink

I shave the 'bald top', because there are few dozen well spaced out hairs that look ridiculous all by themselves and I'm not one to let them grow a foot long and curl them up on the top ... that looks so silly when the wind gets it!

#361 2014-04-20 03:15:47

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

@ pvsage & mrpeachy

We don't mind younger visitors keeping us company.  Just they can't be members.

We do have a few honorary member that are close though, but like one member said, "Why rush it, you'll get here soon enough."

As for the solar sex panel, as damo said, mine needs an upgrade, and I think they discontinued upgrades for this model   lol  lol  lol

#362 2014-04-20 03:23:00

pvsage
Internal Affairs

@Sector11 & mrpeachy:  I'm really not old enough to be here either; the only reason I noticed mrpeachy's post is part of my moderator policy of at least scanning all recent posts for potential trouble.
Clip of a purple pony saying "monitor *everything*".

#363 2014-04-20 03:32:30

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

It's OK, pvsage, we don't check ID's at the door ... besides we might get some young whipper-snapper in here someday messing with our Geritol and we'll need you to step in before things get messy and we teach him not to fool with his elders!  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

#364 2014-05-01 05:12:55

vrkalak
#! Die Hard

I am 66 > have all my hair and it's still black (not a gray-hair the bunch)

2 heart-attacks and a major Stroke ... and still kicking   cool

Registered Linux User: #497030
my DeviantART page
-- #!Crunchbang- Sid "Animal"  (Fluxbox) -- LMDE Fluxbox Edition -- Manjaro-Fluxbox --

#365 2014-05-01 13:11:28

hinto
#! Windbag

^
Hair is over-rated wink
Mine started letting loose my 2nd year in college. (26 years ago)
I haven't the nerve to shave it off, but I don't sport the Trump comb over (or the Picard) either.
-H

Last edited by hinto (2014-05-01 13:12:03)

"Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken the red pill" -Me

#366 2014-05-01 15:39:56

g33zr
#! Die Hard

^ Shave it off, man, and feel the breeze!  ]:D

OHCG | LXer

#367 2014-05-01 15:43:36

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

vrkalak wrote:

I am 66 > have all my hair and it's still black (not a gray-hair the bunch)

2 heart-attacks and a major Stroke ... and still kicking   cool

hinto wrote:

^
Hair is over-rated wink
Mine started letting loose my 2nd year in college. (26 years ago)
I haven't the nerve to shave it off, but I don't sport the Trump comb over (or the Picard) either.
-H

Can't say I've seen anyone in our age group (65 in a matter of days) with a full head of hair and not a grey hair in the mix.  Grey I've seen full heads ...  But really glad to see you still kicking after those other three, neither heart attacks or strokes are something to joke about.

I have to agree, hair is over rated.  Most people I know that have 'chrome domes' talk about it starting, in some aspect, in their twenties ...

I'm so worried and self conscious about my 'hair' that I had to look up "Trump comb over" to see what that was.  I didn't know he did that.  But it does go back to something I said, "Open a shopping centre door of a wind day and that bit of hair will be waving to the people around you."  And that looks just plain silly and tells the whole world where your ego is.

Today, I cut my hair and beard to the comb #1 that comes with a home trimmer in the summer and a #2 in the winter.  I take the 'comb off' and trim the top lonely few and neck to stubble, ±1mm.  Then I let it grow until it bothers me, ±10mm, and start driving me nutz.  I've had short hair all my life, step-father in the Air Force, then me ... I tried growing it "for a year without cutting it" when I got out ... somewhere around the two and a half month mark it was driving me mad!  have it cut ---ahhhhhhhh that's better.  big_smile

One thing I do hate though ... that comes with age ... eyebrow hairs start growing ... and what's with the ear & nose hairs!   lol  lol

@ Geezer -  lol  lol  lol  lol  well said.

Last edited by Sector11 (2014-05-01 15:44:28)

#368 2014-05-01 20:34:01

g33zr
#! Die Hard

^ I trim my beard and the fringe of hair around my ears with the #2 trimmer, but use the #1 in the summer. Actually, I prefer to shave my head and leave the beard, but my wife complains about "too much skin."

BTW, I posted what music I was listening to the other day and made a reference to you. At the time, I was listening to SomaFM and thought I'd see what kind of music was on "Mission Control." It's not quite SR70 cockpit to tower chatter, but you'd probably like it.  8o

OHCG | LXer

#369 2014-05-01 22:35:36

ratcheer
#! Junkie

I like my hair and my beard. I do hate the old age eyebrows and ear hairs, though.

Tim

#370 2014-05-01 23:34:12

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Geezer wrote:

^ I trim my beard and the fringe of hair around my ears with the #2 trimmer, but use the #1 in the summer. Actually, I prefer to shave my head and leave the beard, but my wife complains about "too much skin."

BTW, I posted what music I was listening to the other day and made a reference to you. At the time, I was listening to SomaFM and thought I'd see what kind of music was on "Mission Control." It's not quite SR70 cockpit to tower chatter, but you'd probably like it.  8o

Where did you post it?  I don't follow musing stuff - only headphones here.  No music on my machine.

I shave the top on occasion in the summer ... cuz' I hate the 'fuzzy' look.

#371 2014-05-01 23:36:36

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

ratcheer wrote:

I like my hair and my beard. I do hate the old age eyebrows and ear hairs, though.

Tim

Yea, If I had a full head of hair I'd probably allow my beard to be a bit longer to match the hair.

I cannot tell a lie, at time I look at your avatar and feel jealous.  You carry that look very well.

#372 2014-05-02 00:36:27

g33zr
#! Die Hard

@ Sector 11: "What are you listening to now?" See: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=566&p=443

I've got more than 40 GB of music on my machines, plus I listen to web radio--via Clementine--albeit usually with ear phones.  big_smile

Getting back to hair, I have maybe 149 hairs on top on my thick skull. A former girlfriend--way back--was a hair dresser and suggested that I shave the top. I've been doing it ever since. The beard is usally #2 length, but I like being "clean head Fred."  cool

Last edited by g33zr (2014-05-02 00:37:04)

OHCG | LXer

#373 2014-05-02 01:17:05

hinto
#! Windbag

2 Kings 2:23-24 wrote:

23 Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the town began mocking and making fun of him. “Go away, baldy!” they chanted. “Go away, baldy!” 24 Elisha turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of them.

"Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken the red pill" -Me

#374 2014-05-02 01:58:06

#!_828
#! Tinfoil Hat

^ Don't mean to intrude, but I read that & had to go dust off my Bible & look it up. Sure enough, that's what happened  lol
I like how the King James version put it:

2 Kings 2:24b wrote:

And there came forth two she-bears out of the wood, and tare 42 children (asunder)

Those who would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither
Member of the (Un)Official #! Emergency Tinfoil Hat Distribution Center
Emergency Tinfoil Hat Conky Alert System development team

Be excellent to each other!

#375 2014-05-02 02:44:42

Sector11
#!'er to BL'er
Website

Geezer wrote:

@ Sector 11: "What are you listening to now?" See: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=566&p=443

I've got more than 40 GB of music on my machines, plus I listen to web radio--via Clementine--albeit usually with ear phones.  big_smile

Getting back to hair, I have maybe 149 hairs on top on my thick skull. A former girlfriend--way back--was a hair dresser and suggested that I shave the top. I've been doing it ever since. The beard is usally #2 length, but I like being "clean head Fred."  cool

That was pretty cool  big_smile  Thanks. I have headphones for when we want to watch movies, videos or listen to music (rarely) online so as not to bother the TV.

I hate shaving, that's why I use a trimmer on top with no 'comb', but every now and then I do shave it, I much prefer it that way, but, like I said, I hate shaving.

With my neck no matter how I do it my neck is red and looks 'abused' for a day or two.

I have a bread (and neck) like my father, the hairs grow in all directions, I used to have to shave down, up, left to right and right to left and I still had 'stubble' and a lot of raw skin.  Played hell in the military, 11:30 and I'd get asked, "Did you shave this morning?" by someone superior to me.

"I don't believe you, go home at lunch and shave again!"

He'd check me when I got back, - "That's better! Don't forget to shave tomorrow!"  Before going home I'd stop by his office, "Just though you might like to see my 11:30 shadow at 4:30."  He'd never bother me again, but others would.  It was jet black back then ... at least now it's grey/white stubble.   wink   And no one asks anymore.

Board footer