SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-09 07:01:12

draze

application list

Hello. I'm curently installing #!Crunchbang.

I can't seem to find anywhere the list of applications for #!Crunchbang 8.04.02 Lite. Is it different from the regular one?

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2009-01-09 08:49:15

omns
#! wanderer

Re: application list

The dependency list of the crunchbang-desktop-lite_8.04.02_i386 package is

Depends: acpi-support, alsa-base, anacron, apmd, avahi-daemon, bc, conky, cowsay, crunchbang-look, dbus, dc, dmz-cursor-theme, doc-base, elinks, ffmpeg, file-roller, firefox, firefox-gnome-support, flashplugin-nonfree, gdebi, gdm, gedit, gedit-plugins, gmrun, gnome-media, gnome-nettool, gnome-power-manager, gnome-screensaver, gnome-system-tools, gnome-utils, gparted, gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg, gstreamer0.10-pitfdll, gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse, gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly, gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse, gtk2-engines, hal, hicolor-icon-theme, htop, icedtea-gcjwebplugin, jockey-gtk, language-selector, language-selector-common, laptop-mode-tools, lftp, libapm1, libavahi-core5, libdaemon0, libdvdcss2, libdvdread3, liblame0, mirage, msttcorefonts, network-manager-gnome, nitrogen, numlockx, obconf, obmenu, openbox, orage, parcellite, policykit-gnome, pypanel, python-exo, radeontool, remastersys, rpl, scim, scim-gtk2-immodule, scim-tables-additional, screen, scrot, smartdimmer, smbclient, synaptic, tablaunch, terminator, thunar, thunar-archive-plugin, thunar-media-tags-plugin, thunar-thumbnailers, thunar-volman, toshset, transset, transset-df, ttf-freefont, unrar, unzip, usplash-theme-crunchbang, vbetool, vim-full, vlc, wmctrl, x-ttcidfont-conf, xcompmgr, xdg-utils, xdotool, xfce4-appfinder, xfce4-battery-plugin, xfce4-clipman-plugin, xfce4-cpugraph-plugin, xfce4-dict-plugin, xfce4-fsguard-plugin, xfce4-governor-plugin, xfce4-mailwatch-plugin, xfce4-mcs-plugins, xfce4-mcs-plugins-extra, xfce4-mixer, xfce4-mount-plugin, xfce4-netload-plugin, xfce4-notes-plugin, xfce4-panel, xfce4-places-plugin, xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin, xfce4-screenshooter-plugin, xfce4-session, xfce4-smartbookmark-plugin, xfce4-systemload-plugin, xfce4-taskmanager, xfce4-terminal, xfce4-utils, xfce4-verve-plugin, xfce4-weather-plugin, xfce4-xkb-plugin, xfdesktop4, xfprint4, xfwm4, xfwm4-themes, xorg, xutils, xutils-dev, zenity, zip

#3 2009-01-09 08:52:52

semko
#! Member

Basicly there are these apps:
Thunar - file manager
Firefox - web browser
vlc - media player
gedit - text editor
terminator - terminal emulator
It has also xfce session in addition to openbox.

Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
registered linux user #470990 - Which OS Are You?

#4 2009-01-09 16:50:31

corenominal
WRONG
Website

** Please ignore this post, I misread the original question! Doh **

^^ is not quite accurate. The current "lite" edition is still only available as a release candidate, more information can be found at: http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … e-edition/

I have not published the installed applications list as the line-up will probably change before the final release. The current release basically features:

• Terminator

• PCmanFM

• Kazehakase

• VLC

• Leafpad

• Plus system and configuration tools

Based on feedback, the above will probably change to the list below for the next release:

• Terminator

• PCmanFM

• Firefox

• gnome-mplayer

• Leafpad

• Plus system and configuration tools

Hope this helps smile

Last edited by corenominal (2009-01-09 17:18:08)

Ex-developer of #! CrunchBang. Follow me on Twitter smile

#5 2009-01-09 17:08:03

omns
#! wanderer

I thought draze was after info for 8.04.02?

#6 2009-01-09 17:11:17

snowpine
#!-a-roo

I personally will be psyched to see Firefox in the Lite version, however, I think it would be cool to include a lightweight browser such as dillo as well. It is true that users can add/remove programs, but there are times you might want to use the Live CD on a very old computer that struggles with Firefox...

Did anyone ever complain about Firefox in 8.04 Lite, or was it popular?

/hugged

#7 2009-01-09 17:16:05

corenominal
WRONG
Website

omns wrote:

I thought draze was after info for 8.04.02?

My bad! big_smile Sorry omns/semko, you were quite correct to refer to the meta package. Full details can be found on the old wiki: http://crunchbang.org/wiki/crunchbang-l … ions-list/

Apologies again.

#8 2009-01-09 17:24:43

corenominal
WRONG
Website

snowpine wrote:

I personally will be psyched to see Firefox in the Lite version, however, I think it would be cool to include a lightweight browser such as dillo as well. It is true that users can add/remove programs, but there are times you might want to use the Live CD on a very old computer that struggles with Firefox...

Did anyone ever complain about Firefox in 8.04 Lite, or was it popular?

No, nobody ever complained about Firefox, at least not that I can remember. Also, I could be wrong, I will need to double check, but I think Dillo could possibly be included already. I seem to remember it is listed as a dependency?! Hmm.

#9 2009-01-09 20:12:46

snowpine
#!-a-roo

Dillo is in #! 8.10 Full. I don't think you included it in Lite. Personally I find it very useful on days my DSL line is uncooperative. It seems to be more tolerant of extremely bad internet connections than "modern" browsers like Firefox, i.e. it tries to load the page for longer before timing out. However, it is also quite limited.

I think the Lite version should be as friendly as possible towards ancient hardware. Over on Ubuntuforums, people are always asking, "What version of Ubuntu is best for my old laptop?" I propose a "Lightweight Applications" sub-menu in the Lite version with a lightweight web browser (which one, I don't know) and a few nice terminal apps. Make the applications we all know and love the defaults, but provide lightweight alternatives. :-)

Last edited by snowpine (2009-01-09 20:18:54)

/hugged

Board footer