SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-05 02:42:34

paxmark1
#! Junkie

bug #779592 apt fills up

Not really sure where to file this under the new filing system.  So I file it here, feel free to move or suggest to me where to move it. 

I have been running a testing net-install with lxqt (now at 0.9.3) and openbox.   While executing  an apt-get dist-upgrade in tty1 apt-bugs informed me about #779592 which when reading up on it appears apt fills things up to overflowing when encountering pdiffs from my quick reading of it.  Since I dis-allow pdiffs, I decided to install version 1.0.9.7 of apt.  If it should do an imitation of a bad neepomuk going amok, I will report about it.  No problems so far in sid(uction) with 1.0.9.7 apt for from whenever it did get upgraded there. 

I have been o.k. with running pdiffs in stable, I just choose to disable it in testing or sid.  Kind of like I use aptitude with stable, but apt-get with testing. 

New to lxqt 0.9 is the frost theme.  I have gone to it and have no major complaints on it at this time.

Jean Vanier wrote "Being Human" and "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright.  Gotta love the Massey Lectures.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2015-03-05 03:47:02

AnInkedSoul
#! CrunchBanger

Re: bug #779592 apt fills up

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo … bug=779592

That bug looks more like some kind of anomaly. I wonder if they tried to duplicate it before reporting it. Doubtful....

I cannot recall ever seeing a Diff_index file on my system...

edit - Google seems to throw out apt-cacher when I search for Diff_index so I wonder if it is related to that.

Last edited by AnInkedSoul (2015-03-05 03:48:59)

Board footer