SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-19 06:19:49

tknomanzr
#! Die Hard

Live Build #1-- with configs

First the scrot of Live Session running in Virtualbox. Sorry about the sloppy VB setup. It took me half the night o get the build configured and done.
2015_02_19_1424324248_1024x768_scrot.jpg

With that out of the way, some notes:
What worked:
Openbox config loaded. Tint2 config loaded. Build with @johnraff's complete list of applications work with one caveat, see below.
What did not:
GTK + icon theme did not load. I either forgot to load in the config file or got it wrong somehow. Ill have to hunt it down tomorrow. Wallpaper did not load. Lightdm config got completely overwritten so I will probably have to provide a hook to put it back. I will double check this and make sure I didn't fail to load it.
How I went about it:
I issued

lb config

to load in a default config file. The config I supplied in auto kept failing to parse, so with Live Build manual + man pages open, I issued command line overrides to setup the config environment. It is worth nothing that once you get one built you can pull it back in via git later.
Other things to do:
this run I ran with --no-install-recommends turned off. I have the option of either turning it off for the whole build or on, or using apt pinning to turn it off on a per app basis. I am going to need to sit down with the install list and check recommends to see what needs to be pinned, it looks like.
Overall, it is a very rough draft but I did get a build with some customization to build.
You can find the source for the configs on my git account at https://github.com/tknomanzr/bunsen_labs, if interested.
And before anyone asks, no I wont release the iso for two reasons:
1. It is not ready yet
2. I don't want to confuse my test environment with the community effort.

Last edited by tknomanzr (2015-02-19 06:21:33)

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2015-02-19 13:36:31

tknomanzr
#! Die Hard

Re: Live Build #1-- with configs

Update: After some checking last night, I did miss a few things, so am confident my next build will properly theme from grub through boot. I had made the changes but forgot to load them into the build environment.

Board footer