SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-02-08 21:40:13

simpledesign

Re: [CANCELLED] Community IRC Meeting for Coordination Purposes

We know so we are going to do a full name change and add a link to the new distro. We are needing to get corm to give us full rights to the forums and take lead on it. chillicampari, me, you, and the guy who wants to take lead on my end should discuss this more on IRC. we are both more active over there. He just wanted me to find out if other people helped on #! and what not.

Nothing is simple; Everything is complex.
Derpadong -> IRC

Be excellent to each other!

#27 2015-02-08 21:43:53

porkpiehat
#! Die Hard

simpledesign wrote:

We are needing to get corm to give us full rights to the forums and take lead on it.

Still scary, dude.

simpledesign wrote:

chillicampari, me, you, and the guy who wants to take lead on my end should discuss this more on IRC.

Believe it or not, some people are not on IRC and don't want to go there.
(edit) thank you chillicampari.

Last edited by porkpiehat (2015-02-08 21:48:34)

#28 2015-02-08 21:47:22

chillicampari
Pinball Wizard

simpledesign wrote:

We know so we are going to do a full name change and add a link to the new distro. We are needing to get corm to give us full rights to the forums and take lead on it. chillicampari, me, you, and the guy who wants to take lead on my end should discuss this more on IRC. we are both more active over there. He just wanted me to find out if other people helped on #! and what not.

No. I apologize it's not going to work out, but go ahead and build your own thing, it's all good. Just please respect the forum. Thank you and take care.

#29 2015-02-08 21:48:11

simpledesign

Odd, but we are going to do a full name change. We respect his wishes. We need people on our side and we want you guys to feel welcomed. We aren't trying to be all about us. We are here for the community and only the community.

Last edited by simpledesign (2015-02-08 21:49:42)

Derpadong -> IRC

#30 2015-02-08 21:48:35

chillicampari
Pinball Wizard

That sounds good.

#31 2015-02-08 21:49:10

porkpiehat
#! Die Hard

simpledesign wrote:

Odd, but we are going to do a full name change. We respect his wishes.

Good luck with your new project.

#32 2015-02-08 21:56:10

simpledesign

chillicampari, would you like to join us in this crusade? lol I had to say that but the thing we want to do is help out the community. This place has grown a lot since the last I had been on here. Ive been mainly helping people who come to the IRC channels. We are alive, but barely. We did a Google Hangout awhile back to figure out what needs to be done.

Derpadong -> IRC

#33 2015-02-08 22:02:52

chillicampari
Pinball Wizard

Thank you for the offer, but it may be best for a clean break. Whoever wants to join your effort should please feel free to do so (no worries on feelings on this end) and I wish you the best of luck on the project. This is the last post on the subject.

#34 2015-02-08 22:34:30

twoion

To be honest, I have never really been to #crunchbang or ##crunchbang, but this gives me the impression that the IRC and forum discourses are going in two different directions like so: ←→. It also seems that the people on IRC are not (well known) on the forums (I don't recognize a name at all). As such, I think the split to be quite a stark reaction.

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

#35 2015-02-08 22:48:56

chillicampari
Pinball Wizard

twoion, you have PM! smile

Okay, since you're the OP *that's* the last post on this part of the discussion.

Now we can get back to coordination and stuff like that.

#36 2015-02-08 23:16:48

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy
Website

I will try to be there whatever time is decided. I probably won't take part full time in any development, but if there is a need for some extra hands I'm always available to chime in and help where needed.

To get back on topic, my vote goes to:

• Feb 14-15: 1

• Feb 20-21: 0

Please update the above list with whatever your choice is, so we keep things somewhat organised (as much as this forum allows, anyway). Thanks Twoion, for trying to organise things in a more structured manner!

If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

#37 2015-02-09 04:56:28

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Lol ... on second thought, nm.

Vll! smile

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-02-09 05:03:31)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#38 2015-02-09 16:19:59

freistil
#! Member

I'll be there. Put out a time.

Last edited by freistil (2015-02-09 17:16:15)

#39 2015-02-09 17:04:54

HELPME
#! Junkie
Website

wow after reading all that it seems that corenominal was really holding the show all together after all
the big bang has occurred
there will be a great division of interests
now we must persevere until the world reforms so we can tell what planet we are standing on
then there will be intergalactic battles until the dominant distro wins because they crusade around picking on the smaller planets and stealing all of their resources
beware the planet/distro killers when they come for you!
could try hiding out on a moon until they pass (if you even have a moon because some are just unlucky)
or use strategic diplomacies...

Last edited by HELPME (2015-02-09 17:06:06)

#40 2015-02-10 04:08:08

spacex
ew
Website

chillicampari wrote:

Thank you for the offer, but it may be best for a clean break. Whoever wants to join your effort should please feel free to do so (no worries on feelings on this end) and I wish you the best of luck on the project. This is the last post on the subject.

Agree with you completely. Simpledesign is starting his/her own project and are trying to get a lot of users for free. Crunchbang has a big user-base. Easy as that. Should they be allowed to almost highjack the community in order to get new users for their project?

I don't think so. Either Crunchbang has to continue as a community-driven distro with another name, or be put to sleep, permanently. I seriously think that Corenominal would prefer a clean break, and I fully understand him.

Regards,
spacex/ew
http://tweaklinux.org

#41 2015-02-10 04:09:12

chillicampari
Pinball Wizard

Wow, we actually agree on this. wink

#42 2015-02-10 12:53:56

vic
#! by Default

^^Yeah agree!  smile

Time to move on!#

#43 2015-02-10 13:28:13

spacex
ew
Website

chillicampari wrote:

Wow, we actually agree on this. wink

Yes, we agree completely.

And don't worry. I understand that the #! name is important. I will never release anything with that name. Not even to close friends. If I ever is to release any of my remasters, and I have quite a few of them now, they will all be released under a different name.

Pretty much like BBQ, but with a stable alternative, not all on Sid. And more newbie-friendly. No need to know how to manage without a login-manager and things like that. I feel that there is a need for something like this. But will I do it? Don't know. But that is what I will do, if I ever do anything smile

Personally I think Seppaltas suggestion is the best. Turn this community into a community for all ligthweight Linux, because that will be quite simular to what it already is, and it will be an extremely important community, as it is very difficult to find another forum that covers this purpose without being to technical for the mortals among us.

Regards,
spacex/ew

#44 2015-02-10 20:28:11

remard

Waitasec- we're all gonna need to work together, not one part taking full control of either area.

that reflect the idea of community , i think , but i might missunderstand the meaning cause i'm french ? smile

just to say , my personal tought , i love crunchbang and everything about it , this forums actually smile , i do respect the choice that the master behind crunchbang di , and if he request the name change only , why not let's keep this group togheter , i am not the most active member in here ...but beleive you me , when i say i do spend a lot of time here just to read and learn , this place is a encyclopedia of linux , debian and even other distro user come here to get answer ...that tells a lot ...

so like i said i am not a big contributor , and i don't think that my skill can even come close to some of you guy's , but as a community whe have to work togheter , and i am whilling to help annyway i can ...even if it's just to be the pon pon guy smile i believe this place should keep going on togheter , i love crunchbang , and it is going to be on my list of my favorite linux distro .

so thank you Corenominal for this beautifull monster you create smile  and be sure to enjoy whatever you plan to do next .....if it as annything to do whit linux , can you just please let me know lol wink

#45 2015-02-10 20:43:04

remard

Yes, we agree completely.

And don't worry. I understand that the #! name is important. I will never release anything with that name. Not even to close friends. If I ever is to release any of my remasters, and I have quite a few of them now, they will all be released under a different name.

really ...............interesting ! by the way i forgot to mention i'm a iso junky ...show me some stuff ...pleaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee :0

Pretty much like BBQ, but with a stable alternative, not all on Sid. And more newbie-friendly. No need to know how to manage without a login-manager and things like that. I feel that there is a need for something like this. But will I do it? Don't know. But that is what I will do, if I ever do anything smile

Sound good tho me , i'm sure you have some good idea cooking in there wink

Personally I think Seppaltas suggestion is the best. Turn this community into a community for all ligthweight Linux, because that will be quite simular to what it already is, and it will be an extremely important community, as it is very difficult to find another forum that covers this purpose without being to technical for the mortals among us.

that is a exactly what i belleive to , but i do will welcome any easy transition from crunch to whatever you whant to call it distro if that is possible ...if not , to bad for the crunchbang distro that whe all like ...but let's move on ....:)

#46 2015-02-13 00:44:53

spacex
ew
Website

If they were Pidsley, The Good Docor, Debian Joe, MB, Vastone and people like that, then sure, it would be interesting. But Simpleminds? Nope. He/she could be Justin Beaver for all I know lol

Hopefully Corenominal doesn't let a few obscure IRC-nick take charge of this community. This so called coordination process sounds much more like a good old fashioned coup to me tongue

Most members will never participate in any IRC-channels. So any kind of transition-debate or process should be taken here in the forum, out in the open, and whatever result, it should be a majority decition. Because if not driven by Corenominal, then this community should become a democracy. Obviously with mods and a team that's in charge of the daily management, but they should all be people that the community knows and trusts.

Regards,
spacex/ew

#47 2015-02-15 02:42:59

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Digit wrote:

...unfortunately we dont have ability to make polls here on #! forum, which could help clarify popular opinions on issues we raise.

Survey Monkey 8o

Linux User #586672
Come and Die -- Kyle Idleman

#48 2015-02-15 09:56:16

brontosaurusrex
#! Red Menace

I have opened #postbang on freenode for whatever "future-plan" discussions in whatever direction.
/my digital projection of my mental self is the same as here (read: same nick).
p.s. I have to do the dishes, clean the flat, take a walk and so on, so don't expect anything from me today.
p.s.2. my timezone is CET = GMT+1.

edit: I see that just exploded with users, at one point there were 3 at the channel at the same time !

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2015-02-15 17:10:42)

#49 2015-02-15 18:31:36

twoion

Sorry I'm late, but now I have some spare time.

Considering all the progress that has happened during the last week (I haven't read 10% of it, really), I personally do not think that  an IRC meeting in the form and to the end I was thinking of is still necessary.

If people still are willing to move forward with the meeting however, I'd be happy to do this.

Here is a poll from Feb-20 through Feb-22 (based on 100% FOSS :). Everybody is invited to vote.

--
Edit: I'm now lurking in #postbang@Freenode.

Last edited by twoion (2015-02-15 18:44:48)

Tannhäuser ~ {www,pkg,ddl}.bunsenlabs.org/{gitlog,repoidx}

Be excellent to each other!

#50 2015-02-16 08:06:28

simpledesign

So I have returned and I have seen what has been said. We aren't trying to cause problems and we aren't trying to change anything. We are trying to keep this alive as best as possible. We have decided to see if you guys would like to persay, just us in a Google hangout that will happen tomorrow at 11pm EST. We are trying to get the community involved in this. We aren't trying to keep this a closed project. We want everyone's opinion on this idea. If you want to join us in this conversation, let me know by sending me a message on here. I will send links to people at 10PM central time. Thank you and have a great day.

Derpadong -> IRC

Board footer