SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-29 11:40:57

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Not sure what to title this, ummmm how about, some more babble ?

ARGHHHHH ! CBiz should just keep digital mouth shut. Cause now find myself in an ethical quagmire. That being, believe if someone runs their mouth, they should be willing to take it all the way or just stfu, arghhhh some more !

Said some things in another thread , which could be interpreted as criticizing Corenominal and honestly that's a bit about how I feel in ways. Though getting back to the point of this stupe thread.

A person finds a great distro and a great gnu/nix community. So naturally they like it, want to help, see it improve and grow and it's community flourish etc etc babble. They enjoy the nixy goodness present so they spend more time than they reasonably even should trolling the communities forum. Intentions are good, suggestions and offers to help are made. These kickbutt and well meant people grow to feel invested, like they've devoted enough, even to start feeling like they are entitled to a vote, a share of the distro, a say in it's future.

This is perfectly reasonable and understandable in many ways, flawed thinking in others imo. Because the head developer and lead of the project started out w a simple vision of what they want to achieve. In this case, I've found a kickbutt combination of nix, userspace tools/utils. It works great, on a dizzying array of hardware, has many virtues and is full featured as hades andddddd, I'd like to share it/something I really like with others.

The #! old guard continues making suggestions for a wide variety of enhancements or improvements. Meant to make the distro and community better and more successful. However, Corenominal has done what he wanted and said he'd do and contrary to what I've seen more than a few fektards say-post. He isn't chasing fortune, nor fame. Isn't even dead-set on seeing the userbase grow exponentially ( and the added responsibilities, headaches, expenses etc etc.) which that is likely to bring with it.

He achieved his goal, his mission is accomplished to a great extent and all that's left is maintain what's been done. Without having to spend endless hours of his life, seldom without a donation or pay-check from it. I flat out don't blame him.

Was one of the people who let my sense of entitlement grow out of control. Hey ... this would be great or better, hey that would, hey ... xyz kickbutt nixer is right, it'd make #! better and more popular ! Though nope ... proj seems on auto-pilot from above and even things that were steps in a positive direction are rolled back, much less all the suggestions implemented.

Someone like machinebacon for one example, the guy contributed an almost unthinkable amount of help, knowledge etc etc to the #! community. It's also understandable that he eventually decided to split off, start his own thing and a community where he knows what he says, thinks and wants is going to be heard and acted on. Pretty clear a metric shizzleton of kickbutt nixers felt similar and/or approved and migrated along with him.

*Still a metric shizzleton of old (and new) kickbutt people still here too, sighs. See what biz means, feel always gotta cover every base and give credit where due. smile

Again ... I DON'T BLAME Corenominal. It's his right and his distro and that means his say is final. Have seen clueless fektards aplenty, accusing him of being commercial, trying to get paid for #!. To anyone who isn't a monumental azzhat, they'd know that couldn't be further from the truth and is ridiculous. Then more than a million fektards w the questions directed to him, that make someone want to reach through the internet and rip of the offending azzhatz fingerz, so they can't type anymore tardation.

ie: Ooooooo, why not come out with a #! version that has pcmanfm instead of thunar !? When I see such, have to control the impulse to say along the lines of, hey genius, why don't you take 53secs, install pcmanfm and stop being a retard instead. big_smile Fektards criticizing him personally, his wife, this ... that. Bills coming in from Linode or wherever else bills always come from outside of cyberspace and on and on. Guess some folks think an opensource proj maintainer(s) or distro dev can eat/live off the occasional thank you someone posts in it's forum.

Just saying I get it and am still very respectful of Coremoninal and #! is still imo one of the best gnu/nix distros I've encountered personally. Didn't want what I'd said-typed in another thread to come off as anti-Corenominal. In addition to all this, while I'm doing imo, well deserved fanboi'ism. Maybe Core wants people to do something for themselves ( which many are doing, have done ... really won't/don't want it any other way.)

#! is an awesome base ( again jmo), that people are given and with some know how, skies the limit on what folks can do with a #! install. Guess chalk it up to life is weird right ? smile End babble rant and digital leg humping. Just wanted to get that offa my chest. Just being overly anal and the devil's in da frickin details babble, stupid babble ... more babble. Shrugs. smile

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-01-29 12:17:45)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2015-01-29 15:55:14

brontosaurusrex
#! Red Menace

Re: Not sure what to title this, ummmm how about, some more babble ?

Again ... I DON'T BLAME Corenominal. It's his right and his distro and that means his say is final.

punchbag (punchbang?)
noun
someone who is always blamed when things go wrong, even for things that are not their fault

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2015-01-29 15:55:27)

#3 2015-01-29 16:17:47

AnInkedSoul
#! CrunchBanger

CBizgreat! wrote:

Hey ... this would be great or better, hey that would, hey ... xyz kickbutt nixer is right, it'd make #! better and more popular ! Though nope ... proj seems on auto-pilot from above and even things that were steps in a positive direction are rolled back, much less all the suggestions implemented.

I haven't been around. What things are we talking about? If you going to talk smack then you gotta fill me in on the details.

#4 2015-01-29 17:38:43

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Bronto aka: Mr Rex, too true fellow nixer, too true.

@Inkedsoul ... isn't a #! bash and would take wayyyy too long and mostly be pointless to try explanations. Glad to see you are much more fektard free fellow nixer. Welcome back 2 #! community. The Debian forum atm is sadly overrun with anti-systemd azzhat trolls from HELLLLLLLLL ! wink

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-01-29 17:40:43)

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#5 2015-01-29 18:29:39

AnInkedSoul
#! CrunchBanger

I was just being silly about talking smack tongue

not back, not gone either, just making my yearly circuit....trolls gotta troll ya know...

I do not find CB to be geared toward my preferences and this forum, while okay, is not top notch in my book either

in the word of Randy Jackson  "its just alright for me"

#6 2015-01-29 18:34:58

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^ Errrr talking smack alert ! tongue

Ahhhhh no worries, each their own preferences, haven't ever found a gnu/nix community yet that's 100% perfect. Imo ... experience on it, this one has MUCH more good than craptastic though, shrugs. Much like everything else ... pros n cons.

Vll! smile

PS, am sure no forum/community have ever been in thought I was 100% da best thing ever either. Lol ... hey, know I'mma dork though. So there peeps ! tongue

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-01-29 18:41:23)

#7 2015-01-30 15:02:38

g33zr
#! Die Hard

@CBizgreat!: If nothing else, I find your monologues--if that's the proper description--interesting because they keep me thinking. At times, I'm not completely sure where you're coming from or going to. Occasionally, I feel a slight headache as I read your posts, but it doesn't mean that I disagree (or agree). Perhaps it's because the "old squash" ain't as quick as it once was. Who knows? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  wink

It's never too late to learn something new! wink

OHCG | LXer

#8 2015-02-01 04:13:25

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Thanks G33zer ... this post is a bit out there, even for me. Plus don't think I really did the topic justice. Oh well, world will keep spinning right around. smile

Sentimental/Xmas babble ...

Just 4 the record, this babble was never meant to imply that Corenominal ( and by extension #!) were no longer relevant or in any way were wrong. Was just saying, it'd always been my understanding that Core said, I've found this OS/config to be really excellent and want to share it with others AND he did that, put together and maintained #! for years. In doing so Core, you and the community of nixers you attracted have influenced 10's of thousands of people for the better. What you've done with #! will continue to positively influence people for a longggggg time.

Just wanting to clarify, this posting content was never meant as criticism. Only that you did what you said you'd do, the project you started and maintained for years ... did what you said it'd do. I have nothing but respect for you, people who do what they say they'll do and keep their word are awesome. Don't so much agree #! isn't relevant ( #! will always be relevant) but also respect whatever decisions a nixer such as yourself makes. Merry Xmas Core/Bobo, best wishes from the USA.

Last edited by CBizgreat! (2015-12-25 22:24:50)

Board footer