After switching to testing, I realized cmus wouldn't play normally any more. All the songs now produce static and random noise, somewhat like those from the days of dial up. The songs aren't corrupted, though. They're fine when I use other players.
I have no idea what is happening with cmus.
Last edited by jongtao (2014-01-02 04:48:37)
I tried compiling from source. It throws a compiler error that says the header file for libmodplug can not be found.
Edit: it seems this problem is a different problem.
The problem of the original topic seems to be a .m4a issue.
Last edited by jongtao (2013-12-27 05:51:33)
Debian Bug report #728202 cmus: m4a playback is broken
I've had the same issue. at this point I just either use moc or convert files to mp3.
grill it | the rocky path may just be the best path
Thanks. I was beginning to think I broke some stuff while upgrading.
Apparently, wma files are also affected by this bug.