SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#176 2013-11-01 10:04:19

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2010-07-17
Posts: 4,634
Website

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

I take back what I said yesterday, based on posts after mine. Apologies to all the mods, you're doing fantastic work.


If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#177 2013-11-01 13:02:06

benginm
#! Junkie
From: In a time-warp to 2002!
Registered: 2012-11-11
Posts: 488

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

Honestly , i don't think this thread could've exist if the moderators were/are playing rolls, other than sealing this chip accordingly and vulnerably!, and i believe they pretty much earned it and doing more than they should!  it's because of you guys that we feel we're at home.

So,  big thank you to you 'pvsage' for open up this thread and to the mods team for the love and support!

I don't see a moderator as a " higher up " person with that "kind" of authorities! if anything s/he is a normal user with permissions to make things right.

THIS says it all , and if someone doesn't get the picture! then I suggest that they 'readjust the frame'!

Offline

#178 2013-11-01 13:10:01

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

iMBeCil wrote:

I must say that I do not understand what ew is trying to accomplish ...

A particular forum is not a democracy. Nor it should be, in my opinion.

#! forum is meant to have particular purpose and role (crunchbang), created by corenominal, and 'controlling' by mods. Mods maybe right or wrong, but from my standpoint, they did no harm so far.

As for the Linuxephus, I soon realized that it is not worth to read/understand his posts, since they did not contain nothing interesting as 'defined' in forum's  purpose. (Call it a trolling, or not ... it is not about terminology.) So I skipped his posts. I also skip useless ponies topic (one mod should really ban himself smile ). There are several other users I do not really read, some of them simply because I am not interested in their stuff, even if they are fully compatible with forum intent. If the number of posts I do not have interest in grows too large (for example, all people suddenly post only in ponies topic), I will simply leave the forum. And no one will miss me, I am sure.

So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish, ew? Redefine purpose of this forum?

I`m not trying to accomplish anything else than raising the roof a little bit, and most importantly, that the moderating of the forum should be both transperent and consistent. As you say yourself, if a mod can continue to post topics and content that  are totally useless in regard to the forums purpose, then  everyone else should be granted the same right. Also, I would like to redefine the forums policy to allow the possibility to be a little less child-friendly, and allow the use of ironi and sarcasm. Some mods use it themselves, but doesn`t seem to be able to accept it from users, and that`s a problem.

Every post hasn`t got to be useful or nice. As you do yourself, it`s possible to skip those that we don`t like, and that`s a much better way than removing posts and users that add diversity to the community.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#179 2013-11-01 14:01:24

sorcerer's_apprentice
#! Junkie
From: oblivion
Registered: 2013-02-09
Posts: 293

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

ew wrote:

I`m not trying to accomplish anything else than raising the roof a little bit, and most importantly, that the moderating of the forum should be both transperent and consistent. As you say yourself, if a mod can continue to post topics and content that  are totally useless in regard to the forums purpose, then  everyone else should be granted the same right. Also, I would like to redefine the forums policy to allow the possibility to be a little less child-friendly, and allow the use of ironi and sarcasm. Some mods use it themselves, but doesn`t seem to be able to accept it from users, and that`s a problem.

Every post hasn`t got to be useful or nice. As you do yourself, it`s possible to skip those that we don`t like, and that`s a much better way than removing posts and users that add diversity to the community.

If we're playing democracy now I vote against that.

This is corenominal's forum. Fullstop.

He decides how things are run here - and according to the absolute majority of posters in this thread - the users of it are totally content with the way it is.

Apart from that I still think that you are using rather esoteric definitions of the terms "transparency" and "consistency".

bobobex wrote:

The moderator will explain the reason behind closing a thread and if any members then decide to open a new thread discussing why a previous thread has been closed, then that member will face a ban.

bobobex wrote:

We are all for free speech but at our heart we are a friendly, helpful forum community and I would like to see us stay that way. If these terms are not acceptable to you, please feel free to leave at any time.

Last edited by sorcerer's_apprentice (2013-11-01 14:08:49)

Offline

#180 2013-11-01 14:08:30

snowpine
#!-a-roo
Registered: 2008-11-24
Posts: 2,984

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

iMBeCil wrote:

I also skip useless ponies topic (one mod should really ban himself smile ).

For the record, I did, in fact, ban myself as a mod over a year ago, in concession to my own ridiculousness. I am just a civilian now. smile

ew wrote:

Also, I would like to redefine the forums policy to allow the possibility to be a little less child-friendly

You are not going to win that battle. The owners of this forum are parents, and are fully committed to keeping these forums family-friendly. If you have non-family-friendly thoughts you want to share with the world, there are other corners of the internet where you can talk about such things. (Or learn to express your adult thoughts using rainbows, cotton candy, and hugs; for example instead of saying "Guys, I just ate soooo much molly" I can say "I love you guys; show me your ponies!!!" See how it's done?)


/hugged

Offline

#181 2013-11-01 15:10:56

pvsage
Internal Affairs
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 13,970

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

snowpine wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

I also skip useless ponies topic (one mod should really ban himself smile ).

For the record, I did, in fact, ban myself as a mod over a year ago, in concession to my own ridiculousness. I am just a civilian now. smile

I think he was referring to my participation in your Ponies thread. smile

Offline

#182 2013-11-01 15:35:19

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2012-03-22
Posts: 1,026
Website

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

^ Yes, I most certainly did  ]:D

Last edited by iMBeCil (2013-11-01 15:35:38)


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..
--> The very new BL forum! <--

Offline

#183 2013-11-01 15:43:12

iMBeCil
WAAAT?
From: Edrychwch o'ch cwmpas
Registered: 2012-03-22
Posts: 1,026
Website

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

ew wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish, ew? Redefine purpose of this forum?

I`m not trying to accomplish anything else than raising the roof a little bit, and most importantly, that the moderating of the forum should be both transperent and consistent.
... [cut, but not skipped] ...

OK, now I understand. But is it really worth it? What will you/forum/whoever benefit form it? What is the 'time-spent/worthiness' ratio of your action?

(I realize that the last question is rather subjective ... I certainly wouldn't spend so much time to convince group of people to something, just for the principle, and with no visible/useful outcome. YMMW. But ... by all means, do whatever you want. Come to think 'bout it, it is certainly better than post ponies?)

Last edited by iMBeCil (2013-11-01 15:44:14)


Postpone all your duties; if you die, you won't have to do them ..
--> The very new BL forum! <--

Offline

#184 2013-11-01 15:45:31

snowpine
#!-a-roo
Registered: 2008-11-24
Posts: 2,984

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

pvsage wrote:

I think he was referring to my participation in your Ponies thread. smile

Which I thought was a fun way to get to know you and lighten the mood around here. I am glad you participated. smile


/hugged

Offline

#185 2013-11-02 01:04:01

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

sorcerer's_apprentice wrote:

If we're playing democracy now I vote against that.

This is corenominal's forum. Fullstop.

He decides how things are run here - and according to the absolute majority of posters in this thread - the users of it are totally content with the way it is.

Apart from that I still think that you are using rather esoteric definitions of the terms "transparency" and "consistency".

bobobex wrote:

The moderator will explain the reason behind closing a thread and if any members then decide to open a new thread discussing why a previous thread has been closed, then that member will face a ban.

bobobex wrote:

We are all for free speech but at our heart we are a friendly, helpful forum community and I would like to see us stay that way. If these terms are not acceptable to you, please feel free to leave at any time.

Yes, and that may sound fine to most of you, but not to me. Sounds like you can face a ban just by questioning the mods actions and/or behaviour, and such a policy is unheard of outside North-Korea or China. But that`s just my opinion. Of course I respect that it`s Corenominals forum. It`s not like I`m trying to highjack his forum and his distro. I`m simply stating my mind, and if I`m at any point are breaking any of the rules, then feel free to delete my posts and ban me. Or do it without any reason at all. I will not resist leaving the community or the distro as a whole.

But to any new ones that might read this. I`m the misfit here. CB is a wonderful distro for most people, and has a nice and helpful community. Very well suited and recommended for linux-newbies with good family-values. It`s just as easy and user-friendly as Ubuntu and Linux Mint, with a few exceptions. So don`t listen to my whining. I`m not most people. I want more than Crunchbang can give me, and that`s my problem. Crunchbang isn`t actually aimed at people like me, so it`s no wonder that I had to get bored at some point. I`ll move ahead. I`m already preparing ISO`s and new particion-schemes for the new distros that I will engage myself in, so now I guess there are many distro-owners who are pulling their hair in pure horror. Oh no. Please don`t let him come here big_smile

Last edited by ew (2013-11-02 01:04:30)


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#186 2013-11-02 01:22:29

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

iMBeCil wrote:
ew wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish, ew? Redefine purpose of this forum?

I`m not trying to accomplish anything else than raising the roof a little bit, and most importantly, that the moderating of the forum should be both transperent and consistent.
... [cut, but not skipped] ...

OK, now I understand. But is it really worth it? What will you/forum/whoever benefit form it? What is the 'time-spent/worthiness' ratio of your action?

(I realize that the last question is rather subjective ... I certainly wouldn't spend so much time to convince group of people to something, just for the principle, and with no visible/useful outcome. YMMW. But ... by all means, do whatever you want. Come to think 'bout it, it is certainly better than post ponies?)

Nope. It`s not worth it. It`s better that I move on to communities and distros where there are so much development and new releases that I won`t get bored enough to engage in threads like this. It`s probably not that difficult to sense that I have been bored for a little while, and probably should have left for a while ago. I don`t get anything out of my participation here anymore, and that`s my problem.

But I still think the mods are beating around the bush with the reason for the ban of Linuxephus. This could easily been avoided by providing a good answer to start with, instead of me having to drag a lot of reasons out of them, but still they aren`t precise about why they actually banned him. They are just trying to rationalise their actions, without actually telling why they acted as they did. Someone with my background will always be triggered by that kind of "communication". I`m simply unable to sit still and watch it. In my country we have a saying that goes like this: If you say "A", then you also have to say "B". Meaning that you either have to reveal the full truth, or say nothing at all.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#187 2013-11-02 01:44:36

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

snowpine wrote:
iMBeCil wrote:

I also skip useless ponies topic (one mod should really ban himself smile ).

For the record, I did, in fact, ban myself as a mod over a year ago, in concession to my own ridiculousness. I am just a civilian now. smile

ew wrote:

Also, I would like to redefine the forums policy to allow the possibility to be a little less child-friendly

You are not going to win that battle. The owners of this forum are parents, and are fully committed to keeping these forums family-friendly. If you have non-family-friendly thoughts you want to share with the world, there are other corners of the internet where you can talk about such things. (Or learn to express your adult thoughts using rainbows, cotton candy, and hugs; for example instead of saying "Guys, I just ate soooo much molly" I can say "I love you guys; show me your ponies!!!" See how it's done?)

Yes, I see how it`s done. But in my country  we can talk to other adults as adults. I refuse to act like some kids who are scared that someone should catch them doing or saying something bad. In our country sex and nudity is natural, and not something you have to talk in riddles about.

But, I have no need to share any adult thoughts on a linux-forum. Neither in pony or brony-camouflage or in full-frontal. It`s not that kind of adult talk I`m thinking about when I want it to be less family-friendly. It simply means that we should be able to talk to eachothers as adults, without doodling with eachother as if we were tender small babies or kids.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#188 2013-11-02 07:05:57

intoCB
Scatweasel
Registered: 2012-10-25
Posts: 2,412

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

^I'm not really getting what adult thoughts and activities you want to engage in here that the mods are preventing.

But I know what you mean about participating here as an alternative to making a real contribution somewhere. I'm preparing a move to the Fedora Community as soon as I can. But it's not because there's anything wrong with CrunchBang. It's because I now know Linux more and what I want from it more and where I am needed the most.... more.

People think of Red Hat as more commercial than Debian (and rightly so) but Red Hat gives a lot back to Linux and is responsible for a huge chunk of the input in terms of software etc. Furthermore, Red Hat helps to legitimise Linux and make it a plus point on our CVs. Sure, I can see the value in Debian, Arch, Slackware and Gentoo but if that's all there was, we would just be seen as mad hippies.

Personally, though, I think the friendliness here stands as an act of open rebellion in the surly world of Linux. Linux is and should be far far more than angry young men with unattainable fantasy women on their desktops, frustrated denizens of dark rooms that smell of too many nights alone with widow hand and her five daughters.

At the same time, if any mods doubt that over-intervention kills, please take a quick squizz at the Ubuntuforums to learn how not to run a community. I think Jono Bacon wrote a book about it.

Anyway, like one of his posts, this post-mortem on Linuxephus' banning has gone on far too long, used far too many words, and is ultimately not very interesting. I'm off to read about how to report bugs in Fedora and how to earn badgers. I always wanted a badger.

Last edited by intoCB (2013-11-02 07:12:59)

Offline

#189 2013-11-02 07:48:34

intoCB
Scatweasel
Registered: 2012-10-25
Posts: 2,412

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

To be honest, I just reread Linuxephus' posts and he comes across as having a totally snooty disdain for others and seems to delight in an alleged superior intellect and takes pride in a talent for manipulation. In the bin. There are enough head-banging psychopaths in the corporate world I work, without having to encounter them here.

Last edited by intoCB (2013-11-02 07:49:03)

Offline

#190 2013-11-02 08:03:00

pvsage
Internal Affairs
From: North Carolina
Registered: 2009-10-18
Posts: 13,970

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

WARNING:  This post contains references to small, colorful equines.

intoCB wrote:

Personally, though, I think the friendliness here stands as an act of open rebellion in the surly world of Linux.

The Brony community has been described - at least by people who don't automatically rebuke them as sexually deviant manchildren - as part of the New Sincerity trend; I like to think of this forum as an extension of New Sincerity into the Linux community.  (Maybe snowpine had a similar thought when he started that in/famous thread. 8o )

At the same time, if any mods doubt that over-intervention kills, please take a quick squizz at the Ubuntuforums to learn how not to run a community. I think Jono Bacon wrote a book about it.

I briefly joined a forum for Dellbuntu users (people who bought the short-lived Inspiron n-series computers, which came pre-loaded with Ubuntu and some Dell-proprietary packages).  I think I had a baker's dozen posts there before I lost interest; they just didn't have anything going on, and UNR 8.4 was just too slow on my poor Mini9, so I went hopping...and quickly landed here. cool

EDIT:  Why did I quote this part of the post in the first place and share that ubuntumini forum anecdote?  Oh, right...Ubuntu forum moderating.  I've never joined the main forum, but I've seen what happens when threads go badly there.  It can be like a feeding frenzy, and some of the mods there are as voracious as anyone else.

Anyway, like one of his posts, this post-mortem on Linuxephus' banning has gone on far too long, used far too many words, and is ultimately not very interesting. I'm off to read about how to report bugs in Fedora and how to earn badgers. I always wanted a badger.

Good hunting, intoCB!  You will be missed.

Last edited by pvsage (2013-11-02 08:10:50)

Offline

#191 2013-11-02 09:03:36

intoCB
Scatweasel
Registered: 2012-10-25
Posts: 2,412

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

^Thanks.

Offline

#192 2013-11-02 11:46:44

Unia
#! Octo-portal-pussy
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2010-07-17
Posts: 4,634
Website

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

You know intoCB, you can also be part of two communities. It's what many people here do; I come here for the fun and I go to the Arch forums for the techy stuff.


If you can't sit by a cozy fire with your code in hand enjoying its simplicity and clarity, it needs more work. --Carlos Torres

I am a #! forum moderator. Feel free to send me a PM with any question you have!

Offline

#193 2013-11-02 15:29:05

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

intoCB wrote:

^I'm not really getting what adult thoughts and activities you want to engage in here that the mods are preventing.

But I know what you mean about participating here as an alternative to making a real contribution somewhere. I'm preparing a move to the Fedora Community as soon as I can. But it's not because there's anything wrong with CrunchBang. It's because I now know Linux more and what I want from it more and where I am needed the most.... more.

People think of Red Hat as more commercial than Debian (and rightly so) but Red Hat gives a lot back to Linux and is responsible for a huge chunk of the input in terms of software etc. Furthermore, Red Hat helps to legitimise Linux and make it a plus point on our CVs. Sure, I can see the value in Debian, Arch, Slackware and Gentoo but if that's all there was, we would just be seen as mad hippies.

Personally, though, I think the friendliness here stands as an act of open rebellion in the surly world of Linux. Linux is and should be far far more than angry young men with unattainable fantasy women on their desktops, frustrated denizens of dark rooms that smell of too many nights alone with widow hand and her five daughters.

At the same time, if any mods doubt that over-intervention kills, please take a quick squizz at the Ubuntuforums to learn how not to run a community. I think Jono Bacon wrote a book about it.

Anyway, like one of his posts, this post-mortem on Linuxephus' banning has gone on far too long, used far too many words, and is ultimately not very interesting. I'm off to read about how to report bugs in Fedora and how to earn badgers. I always wanted a badger.

Well, it`s not that kind of adult talk I want. When I say adult talk, I simply mean that I talk different to adults and kids, and  I would like the ability to not be as gentle and carefull as I am with kids. Adults have to be able to take a lot more of criticism and sarcasm. I can take it myself, and expect other adults to be able to the same.

But this thread is pretty much just a result of me getting bored, and it`s not fair to the other users that I stay on a forum and distro where I`m bored. I agree with you. Crunchbang is a wonderful distro for most people, and it`s community are a very good place to start with linux, but it will not do it in the long run for those that want to take it a bit further. It`s just to little happening for me.

Where to go from here? Well, I` preparing myself for Gentoo, and it will probably be a while until I`m bored there. The reason for moving there, is that it will be a constant learning process. In addition to Gentoo there are two other distros that I will engage myself in. I don`t want to alarm them by saying which ones they are. Just kidding. I will be nice smile

The only problemk is that it`s hard to leave, because even if I`m feeling bored, I`m very found of #!. But I guess it`s just like leaving our parents. We love them, but we have to leave the nest and fly on our own..

Last edited by ew (2013-11-02 15:37:18)


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#194 2013-11-02 16:21:46

snowpine
#!-a-roo
Registered: 2008-11-24
Posts: 2,984

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

Don't leave, ew and IntoCB! Lots of us here don't use #!, it is not a requirement for posting your fluffy cloud unicorns here. DEB users and RPM users should be able to congretate and hug bums together in peace and harmony.

Signed, a happy hoppy user of multiple distros.


/hugged

Offline

#195 2013-11-02 16:37:43

nore
>2^9
From: Lakeland
Registered: 2009-11-28
Posts: 740

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

ew wrote:

When I say adult talk, I simply mean that I talk different to adults and kids, and  I would like the ability to not be as gentle and carefull as I am with kids. .

I know many adults, who deserve to be treated gently and carefully. And a few kids, who wouldn't.

Writing on a public forum is like talking in a crowd in a public place: even if you are joking with a couple of friends, you must take  into account the strangers walking by.

intoCB: A weasel has got to do what a weasel has to do.

Offline

#196 2013-11-02 17:44:13

sorcerer's_apprentice
#! Junkie
From: oblivion
Registered: 2013-02-09
Posts: 293

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

ew wrote:

But this thread is pretty much just a result of me getting bored, and it`s not fair to the other users that I stay on a forum and distro where I`m bored. I agree with you. Crunchbang is a wonderful distro for most people, and it`s community are a very good place to start with linux, but it will not do it in the long run for those that want to take it a bit further. It`s just to little happening for me.

I really appreciate you being honest about this.

I can understand what you mean with yourself getting bored and "too little happening" for you. But I guess, that if you're are interested in learning you will have to do that learning - either by yourself or in a forum dedicated to that. I haven't really come across a linux-forum yet that is debian-centered (because that's what I am interested in) and offers what I want in that sense. So I learn on my own and then come here to hang out a bit, share stuff and ponder a few questions here and there.

And there are quite a few people here who I suspect to do it more or less similarly. People with advanced skills in some area still come here to share their stuff and to get feedback - or to do whatever they like about doing in this forum. One of my main interests lies in security and I still spend quite a bit of time here since I really do like the community - although security isn't a priority here.

All I'm saying is what others also have said: You don't have to leave. Look, when I am done with my daily dose of computer science reading and practice - I am glad that I can tune down my brain a bit in my leisure-time when I come here and read about how people love to express their feelings through weird animal-fetishes, how they fix their mounting-issues or what a fancy desktop they want to have and maybe get into a polite fight over an impolite user's ban... wink

Last edited by sorcerer's_apprentice (2013-11-02 17:53:21)

Offline

#197 2013-11-03 00:22:21

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

snowpine wrote:

Don't leave, ew and IntoCB! Lots of us here don't use #!, it is not a requirement for posting your fluffy cloud unicorns here. DEB users and RPM users should be able to congretate and hug bums together in peace and harmony.

Signed, a happy hoppy user of multiple distros.

We`ll see what happens. I haven`t uninstalled #!, as it is a very good and stable distro, even on Sid. But I need more challenges, and I am thinking about going to the ultimate challenge, Gentoo. Only problem is that when and if I master that with ease, then there are pretty much nowhere to go. That`s why I have delayed both Arch and Gentoo, because then I have something ahead of me.

Last edited by ew (2013-11-03 00:23:17)


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#198 2013-11-03 00:44:14

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

sorcerer's_apprentice wrote:

I really appreciate you being honest about this.

I can understand what you mean with yourself getting bored and "too little happening" for you. But I guess, that if you're are interested in learning you will have to do that learning - either by yourself or in a forum dedicated to that. I haven't really come across a linux-forum yet that is debian-centered (because that's what I am interested in) and offers what I want in that sense. So I learn on my own and then come here to hang out a bit, share stuff and ponder a few questions here and there.

I have found two places where there is a lot of development and progress, and that`s LinuxBBQ and VSIDO. Especially in BBQ there is a lot happening all the time with lots of releases and spins, and almost everything is Debian-oriented. VSIDO is a bit different, they don`t have quite as many spins and releases as bbq, but compared to #! it`s moving really fast, and it`s a inventive and wonderful distro. It`s a pace that suite me better. Because I`m not of those that install a release and stick with it for 2-3 years, as you have to do with the Crunchbang releases.

Right now I`m testing the new VSIDO2(raptor), and it`s looking very promising. Seems like Vastone has done a exellent job as always.


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

#199 2013-11-03 00:46:11

anonymous
The Mystery Member
Registered: 2008-11-29
Posts: 9,419

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

ew wrote:

But I need more challenges, and I am thinking about going to the ultimate challenge, Gentoo. Only problem is that when and if I master that with ease, then there are pretty much nowhere to go. That`s why I have delayed both Arch and Gentoo, because then I have something ahead of me.

How about LFS? Making your own distro. Or maybe try out the BSDs?

Last edited by anonymous (2013-11-03 00:46:41)

Offline

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#200 2013-11-03 03:37:00

ew
#! Die Hard
Registered: 2012-09-27
Posts: 1,975

Re: How we moderate your forum - feedback encouraged

anonymous wrote:
ew wrote:

But I need more challenges, and I am thinking about going to the ultimate challenge, Gentoo. Only problem is that when and if I master that with ease, then there are pretty much nowhere to go. That`s why I have delayed both Arch and Gentoo, because then I have something ahead of me.

How about LFS? Making your own distro. Or maybe try out the BSDs?

I`m able to make my own ISO with BBQ, and I have no intention of ever owning, drifting or supporting a distro, so my own .iso is more than enough for me:)

LFS? Yes, that could be it. But I was thinking of making a custom Debian Live Enviroment to start with. That`s probably challenging enough for me at this stage. At least if I ever should present the result to anyone  lol

Last edited by ew (2013-11-03 03:38:06)


- apt-mark hold account

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo