Ok, I wonder why nobody has ever put this one up, but here is it now.
I was trying to make dmenu4.5 work with xft fonts, downloaded source code and patch from suckless site here. I tried other sources but unfortunately I ran into a nasty
patch: **** strip count l is not a number
error upon patching the file every time. Searching the web didn't provide any results so I decided to go back to AUR and download the patch from there. And voila!
patch -l < dmenu-4.5-xft.diff patching file config.mk patching file dmenu.1 patching file dmenu.c patching file draw.c patching file draw.h
sudo make clean install
and test the result with:
dmenu_run -b -fn 'Monospace-12' -nb black -nf blue -sb grey20
Mind that dmenu would open in the bottom if '-b' option is provided.
Last edited by letian (2013-08-14 18:21:36)
Thanks for the info, it works nicely!
I modified my dmenu-bind.sh file in /.config/dmenu/ and now my dmenu looks much better.
I love #! more than my own kids. I told them and they sympathized.