SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-01 16:04:00

paxmark1
#! Junkie

Sigil >=0.7x QT >= 5.01

I just cannot toot the horn enough about the stability, progression and utility of Sigil, a single focused html to epub crafter.

Although it will be probably be a bridge too far in the next six months - I hope that the CrunchBang fold will follow the progress of QT5 andI I dream of some day in the future when in the opening script will offer the option of installing QT5.  And if it does, then also the option of an apt-get install of a Sigil >= to the 0.7 branch. 

My plans are to do a complete reinstall after the final Wheezy stable CB comes out and then quite soon update /etc/apt/sources.list to testing on my EEEbox (1GB mem, amd chip) and go with QT5 and track Sigil.  I will occasionally post  about my experiences.

peace, mark

more info  day later from Debian Planet

QT4.8 coming out with options for adding qtchooser  to choose between QT4 and QT5

http://perezmeyer.blogspot.ca/2013/04/o … ooser.html

Last edited by paxmark1 (2013-04-02 22:11:55)

Jean Vanier wrote "Being Human" and "A Short History of Progress" by Ronald Wright.  Gotta love the Massey Lectures.

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-09-14 12:39:03

canpolat
#! CrunchBanger

Re: Sigil >=0.7x QT >= 5.01

Ability to install Sigil without having to compile QT5 from source would be great indeed. I'm on my way to building QT5, I wonder if there will be any clashes with the current QT4 installation...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Every solution is an intermediate solution.

Board footer