That looks too easy ... gotta give it a run and see if S11 can break it.
Configure the network Auto-configure with DHCP? Assign IP automatically - typically Yes Hostname: set your computers hostname Domain Name: Input your local domain name
Dumb question - no wait, I've never done this before - not a dumb question.
I have a single home computer no local network, no router, just me, and a cable modem.
Domain Name: ??? - what's that? Don't they end with a .com or something?
I don't recall a live CD ever asking. Of course my forgetter might be kicking in.
Last edited by Sector11 (2012-05-26 00:58:32)
Last edited by nestor (2012-06-22 04:02:20)
Nice job VastOne, it's now on my list of things to do today.
I'm just curious a bout a couple of things:
1. what is the advantage of starting with the stable businesscard iso?
2. how have you setup preferences and apt.conf?
# TESTING deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free ## DEBIAN SECURITY deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
Last edited by pidsley (2012-05-27 00:24:08)
1. I assume the network config would only work if the user is hardwired to the network.
2. Why businesscard compared to netinstall iso besides file size?
3. Why is experimental repo in the sources.list instead of unstable (sid)?
4. Can SpaceFM do 4 window panes? It reminds me of Q-Dir from windows.
5. Gstreamer replace flashplayer-nonfree?
6. You seem to have a lot of archivers/unarchivers listed. Wouldn't 7z be more suitable?
Overall, excellent guide! Very easy to follow and understand. Sunfizz approved
Just another thanks Vast. Something else to bookmark for posterity here in the Crunch-academy. Crap ... Spend much time here, a person can run out of room in their browsers bookmarks section.
Last edited by CBizgreat! (2012-05-27 05:33:56)
1. Not sure, since I have no wireless to test... I would guess the installer would/should detect and setup wireless as long as the firmware is setup correctly
2. The ability to choose Sid as a base install
3. Experimental is added along with Sid so that Xfce 4.10 and Iceweasel 12 can be installed. It is not replacing the Sid Repo
4. 3 panes. It is pcmanfm all grown up
5. Gstreamer and flash are two totally different animals. I chose the libflash.so method because I have far fewer issues with it
6. The archivers are a small footprint and not in the way but there if ever needed.
Thanks.. I appreciate it..
With the tarball I have provided, I do not have the lag or choppiness like I have with the non-free. I also have had other bizarre flash behavior that is gone using that which is from Adobe in the tarball
It is why it is separated for the individual to choose to use one or the other.