SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-11 12:50:04

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Spruce up #! a bit w/o making it too bloated.

Just a general suggestion, knowing that Corenominal is devoting more time, exclusively working on #!. Which is great for all the folks who know #! is a kickbutt nix distro ( meself includ o course.) Let's face it ... people like eyecandy and think conky is a good way to give people that if they want it.

Include a bunch of good conkyrc configs, an easy way to switch/select em. Gives people the option of having some nice desktop bling, w/o the horrid bloat of the mainstay gnu/nix DE's. Only a thought, which is ironic, considering I've gotten rid of conky on every install here, shrugs. Still though ... nothing wrong with some light weight eyecandy, shrugs.

Vll n Vl#! ! smile

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-05-11 12:53:55

TitanMech
Banned

Re: Spruce up #! a bit w/o making it too bloated.

Maybe we could have a poll of user submitted tint2 configs, and conkys, the 5 best would then be available to download from corenominals github during the cb-welcome script.

And as a show of neutrality all configs submitted to the poll would be displayed on the default statler theme, and desktop wallpaper.

*EDIT*
And maybe if all the tint2 and conky configs conformed to the default colours of cunchbang so they suited the default theme.

Last edited by TitanMech (2012-05-11 12:58:07)

#3 2012-05-11 13:01:59

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^ Interesting idea ...

Five or so preinstalled conky setups, can't take up that much space me thinks. Even more ... but is of course up to Corenominal. Like your idea of involving the famed #! community though Titan. Thought about mentioning this a couple times before. Figured why not ... looks are important, conky is light nixy goodness. If not too much trouble ... why not use it ?

Lol ... #! has a great personality, now let's give it some bling dang it ! lol

#4 2012-05-11 14:16:19

machinebacon
#! unstable
Website

Waldorf has something like this already packed:

cb-tint2 - misc CrunchBang tint2 scripts.

Maybe this is meant to be something like this in the future?

#5 2012-05-11 14:45:16

rhowaldt
#!*$%:)

nice idea! i got my tint2 and conky minimal configs right here, in use and everything. they're simply a bar at the top and a bar at the bottom, of (i think) equal width, white/grey on transparent black. nothing fancy, everything minimal and simple. should i post them in a pastebin somewhere? i think they'll go pretty nicely with the #! defaults.

#6 2012-05-11 14:50:27

TitanMech
Banned

@ machinebacon

I just fired up my waldorf vm, i checked they were installed, but couldnt find them, is there a gui or cli program to select between them?

#7 2012-05-13 00:19:27

machinebacon
#! unstable
Website

^ No idea, but I suppose the package will contain something when #11 is released. Maybe user contributed things - like the cowsay - don't know smile

#8 2012-05-13 01:14:54

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

^ Good hope Corenominal beats to da punch. Figured some cosmetic adjustments can't hurt anything. Many minimal distro's use conky so the desktop isn't as bland or bare looking. Some conky artists and grandmasters floating around the #! community ( cough* Sector11 tongue )

Couldn't be all that hard to put together, Could be a decent, quick ... low resource way of making this distro more visually appealing. Only a brain hiccup, shrugs.

vll ! smile

#9 2012-05-13 07:39:16

rhowaldt
#!*$%:)

^ it's a good brain hiccup though, i agree with the idea, think it would be a nice thing to do.
but indeed, as Mr Bacon says, wouldn't be surprised if corenominal beats us to the punch once again smile

Board footer