SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: News & Announcements » The end. » 2015-02-06 21:20:58

*sniff*

I remember when I first tried #!, it didn't quite work for me at that time, something do with repos, if I remember correctly. But I decided to give it another try because the concept really attracted me. And since then until late last year, crunchbang was my main distro. it's still my favourite distro even if I'm using Ubuntu Mate in my newer computer (OMG I went back to Ubuntu, I can't believe that). While I haven't been active here anymore, this community made me feel welcome.

Thank you Philip!

#3 Re: Artwork & Screenshots » May 2013 Screenshot Thread » 2013-05-19 16:08:06

I changed tint2 a bit. I might even delve in conky config again. Haven't done that for ages. yikes

2013_05_19_1368978135_1440x900_scrot.jpg

#4 Re: Artwork & Screenshots » May 2013 Screenshot Thread » 2013-05-09 10:17:51

apprentice wrote:

nice to see you and pek back again

how do you get moc looking like that?


well I'm not 100% what you mean exactly, so I'll just go and guess tongue

from my ~/.moc/config

the layout part

Layout1		= directory(0,0,100%,8):playlist(0,8,100%,FILL)
Layout2		= directory(0,0,100%,100%):playlist(0,0,100%,100%)
Layout3		= directory(0,0,50%,100%):playlist(50%,0,FILL,100%)

and

the lines around

# Use ASCII characters instead of graphic for drawing lines. This helps on
# some terminals.
ASCIILines		= no

theme I use I found once somewhere and it's called transparent-background

---
also ta for welcomes everyone smile

#5 Re: Artwork & Screenshots » May 2013 Screenshot Thread » 2013-05-08 20:09:41

brontosaurusrex wrote:

@Hanna; Whats is that in the top-right?

that would be conky been used as desktop indicator smile

#8 Help & Support (Testing/Unstable) » mounting and user/root privilege troubles [SOLVED] » 2013-05-07 09:19:38

Hanna
Replies: 0

Ohai peeps, long time no post here smile 

I was in somewhat wild mood and decided to try the new Debian, unfortunately installation didn't go quite the way I expected.  I wasn't able to install GRUB. My wild mood had disappeared and I tried then going to back to #! (11), interestingly I ended up having same GRUB install problem with it too. I have used that iso cd previously and it had worked fine. I was definitely in need of working system so I installed #! 10. (a note my pc is rather old and if I want to do proper fresh install cd is only way to go, i have tried other ways too.). And because I wanted something bit newer I followed this http://www.garron.me/en/linux/upgrade-d … 0-7.0.html And basically it went fine.

Atm though I have couple problems, I'd susptect mostly related to root/user privileges and shits with which I'm not too familiar.
1) when I try to mount my ext hd I get this: failed to mount "da drive" Not Authorized
2) I seem to be able to connect internets only as root (using network manager). I tried this http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Nm-applet I seem to be in netdev already and I tried the second one, I'm not quite sure if it did work or not. I'll see what happens after restart.


Update: well after I got both tint and slim upgraded things seemed to start working. smile It crossed in my mind I could edit the /etc/apt/preferences file and change the current pinnings from statler and squeeze to waldorf and wheezy. I also removed the statler theme of slim after which slim updated without errors. smile

#9 Re: Off Topic / General Chat » How did you choose your screen name and avatar? » 2012-01-19 08:51:32

I like to pretend being a girl internets, so I decided to use my sister's name and picture because she looks normal. tongue

#10 Re: CrunchBang Talk » Google Hangout - Thursday 29th December » 2011-12-29 15:10:39

I quite liked the hangout even without mic and video (there is also text chat). smile

#13 Re: CrunchBang Talk » Planet CrunchBang Linux » 2011-10-25 18:38:55

Could my current feed http://feeds.feedburner.com/queenpenguin changed to http://queenpenguin.org/feed/

Dunno why exactly but feedproxy links in planet don't seem to work.

#14 Re: Artwork & Screenshots » August 2011 Screenshot Thread » 2011-08-05 06:18:32

@rstrcogburn thanks.

@ElderV.LaCoste Yeah tongue Green obviously is awesome colour but bit of new stuff occasionally is fun. smile Anyway purple is my second favourite colour. tongue

@xeNULL
Yes. I used this http://blog.conky.be/2009/09/15/feature … g-desktop/

#17 Re: Feedback & Suggestions » Ironing out the wrinkles - feedback of anoyances & minor design faults » 2011-07-22 12:04:35

I assume you have also given feedback to the actual developers of these applications?

#19 Re: Artwork & Screenshots » June 2011 Screenshot Thread » 2011-06-14 19:29:58

@clockwork: I like that screenshot A LOT. smile

#20 Re: Off Topic / General Chat » So what's all this hate with Ubuntu, OpenSUSE and all that? » 2011-06-14 07:25:20

I haven't used Ubuntu for couple years I think, so can't say how I exactly feel about the current distro self. I think that Canonical has some issues and they could do things differently (contributing back to the community wise), but I don't hate them. I'm quite fine with their goal (I assume it's still getting more and more peeps using Ubuntu). I hear people complaining that they have abandoned this oh so fancy "power user" group. So what? There is about zillion other distros that will give you the pain you so much need. tongue Ubuntu is not for me but there are people for who it is.

#21 Re: Off Topic / General Chat » Possible new base distro for #! ? » 2011-06-05 08:15:17

VastOne wrote:
AwesomeFist wrote:
Hanna wrote:

tOHc0cg

It's obviously know fact that there is no girl who is able to resist the power of justin bieber.

I knew a girl in my spanish class that hated justin bieber, your argument is?

Most like she was being cynical.....

I suppose I have to admit something. I don't like Bieber that much. I have heard one song and it was dull. tongue

#22 Re: Off Topic / General Chat » Possible new base distro for #! ? » 2011-06-03 13:03:40

midnightrider wrote:
Hanna wrote:

tOHc0cg

It's obviously know fact that there is no girl who is able to resist the power of justin bieber.

No, Hanna, not you, too! Say it isn't so.


But I am girl, I MUST LIKE HIM!

#23 Re: CrunchBang Talk » squeeze: Apps you've pulled from other sources and why... » 2011-06-03 05:38:17

Iceweasel-aurora - from mozilla.debian.net, because I like new stuff big_smile

And that's all.

#24 Re: Off Topic / General Chat » Possible new base distro for #! ? » 2011-06-02 12:18:31

tOHc0cg

It's obviously know fact that there is no girl who is able to resist the power of justin bieber.

#25 Re: Help & Support (Crunchbang 11 "Waldorf") » can't see New installed Programms » 2011-05-29 19:24:53

You have to add them in menu manually. Easiest way to do this is using ObMenu (it's in the menu under name GUI Menu Editor).

here is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPw-eaKdEs8 a video how to add stuff in the menu.

You can also edit the menu.xml (~/.config/openbox/menu.xml) and add programs straight in it.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

Copyright © 2012 CrunchBang Linux.
Proudly powered by Debian. Hosted by Linode.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Server: acrobat

Debian Logo