SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-09 20:37:00

Digit
#! Die Hard
Website

use openbox rc.xml with xmonad

full thread title:
use keyboard shortcuts from openbox's rc.xml with xmonad as your window manager.

sry, probably just another of those mad ideas i have, but never get around to.

i was thinking it'd be smart to either add my openbox controls for starting applications to my xmonad in some clever n careful simple way, or more reluctantly have to go through it all n add it manually even going to the extent to create the same config twice to keep the controls the same.

really, what i was hoping for, would be one line (or two) in xmonad.hs pointing to the rc.xml, or some clever extraction from it...

/me wanders off and gets back to what he was originally doing before his train of thought was abruptly interrupted with this mad idea.

~ think ~

without a shot fired
quote of the mo: ""... i realised it's simpler to make a statue to someone who you believe embodies all your better qualities, than it is to actually improve yourself" ... "so i have decided to go away. i will return when i have found a way to destroy this, while keeping the message intact"  -G'Kar

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2010-08-09 22:06:38

benj1
Wiki Wizard

Re: use openbox rc.xml with xmonad

im sure some kind of sed/awk/python script could do what you want, whether its more effort than its worth I don't know.

- - - - - - - - Wiki Pages - - - - - - -
#! install guide           *autostart programs, modify the menu & keybindings
configuring Conky       *installing scripts

Board footer