SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-31 08:14:47

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Thank You tlinsley

Awhile back, I responded to a post about a bookmarking app.  User tlinsley recommended using KeePassX (http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic. … 43#p308243), but I wasn't completely sold on the suggestion.

I decided a few weeks ago to begin copying my bookmarks to KeePassX and I have changed my mind.  Although I miss the type ahead functionality offered by a browser, I now have one central place for my bookmarks that I can use for any browser I use, on any computer.

Thanks tlinsley, for the suggestion.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2013-10-31 16:20:19

machinebacon
#! unstable
Website

Re: Thank You tlinsley

<this post was sponsored by KeePassX> lol

Might be interesting, because I use many different browsers and only dear Chrome/-ium syncs
nicely. So, thanks KT for thanking tlinsley wink

Edit: depends on qmake-qt4 ... guess I put all bookmarks into a txt file instead big_smile

Last edited by machinebacon (2013-10-31 16:24:31)

#3 2013-10-31 17:59:51

tlinsley
#! Member

Re: Thank You tlinsley

@KrunchTime - Glad you found it useful.  And I agree that it is not an optimal solution, but did seem to meet some of the criteria sought by OP in that other thread.

@machinebacon - Yeah it does have a few more dependencies than some folks desire.  I use it anyway (mostly for passwords) because there is no way I could ever keep up with all my server passwords otherwise (170+ servers all with conflicting password requirements).  And the auto-type appeals to my lazy side.  monkey

Board footer