SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-27 20:34:33

ohnonot
...again
Website

jack without pulse: 1.no sound from browser. 2.mic input?

1. - so i removed pulseaudio, then installed jack for music editing.
but now i can't listen to anything from my browser (iceweasel)!
(it works when i quit qjackctl & killall jackd)
is there any jack support for browser plugins?

2. - i have a mic input and a line input on the front of my laptop and would like to use them with jack to record. is that possible?

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-01-28 18:36:01

ohnonot
...again
Website

Re: jack without pulse: 1.no sound from browser. 2.mic input?

i usually wait 24h before bumping but i'm getting a bit desperate here, esp. with the 2nd question.
i can hear the line/mic input through my speakers, but i can't hook it up withh jackaudio.
i guess it's going straight through alsa...
any help?

#3 2013-01-28 19:28:29

mynis01
#! Die Hard

If you're trying to listen to youtube videos or something that uses flash, then you'll likely need libflashsupport-jack. This guide is a bit old but it will probably still work: http://jackaudio.org/routing_flash
Be aware that by setting this up, flash output will always attempt to output through jack, and will start up the jack daemon if it is not already present. I usually just start up jack when I'm using music editing software, and use ALSA or pulse otherwise. But if you really want flash output routing to JACK, there you go.

#4 2013-01-28 20:05:26

dawiba
#! Member

Last edited by dawiba (2014-04-04 17:04:25)

#5 2013-01-28 23:05:30

junkie
#! Junkie

get a preamp, not free but hay... i would just kill jack when using iceweasel. In regards to prpduction, id recommend turning off networking as well. Ardour and Audacity would be a good place for the recording side. Sorry if this wasnt what you were looking for.

#6 2013-02-02 11:18:58

ohnonot
...again
Website

thanx all. for the browser part i found -this- which works well enough for me.

for the mic in / line in problem, i'm not sure if that same alsa routing helped, or this:
playing around with xfce4-mixer, there's some capture settings with a red "record" button. that has to be pressed. i think alsa remembers this setting. now i can use the capture input in qjackctl/connections hook up to playback or some other app.

@junkie: yes i agree about the preamp. a nice low budget (?) solution is to use one of those little guitar distortion boxes. works as a preamp even if it's not "on".
apart from that, for the work in progress (creative process) i need the browser. i do not work in a classical studio setup (using my computer to record handmade music). later (much later), when it comes to mastering, it's probably better to kill off all distractions.

ps: libflashsupport-jack seems to be dead.

Last edited by ohnonot (2013-02-02 12:15:00)

Board footer