SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-11-19 10:50:19

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

Re: I have a problem..

oupsemma wrote:

Found them; international deliveries from http://www.french-supermarket.com/en/or … bjorg.html
Bon appétit!

Thanks. But I would have to spend 20 EUROS. Meaning 6 boxes and grand total with shipping...

36,54 €

I think I may wait til I go over to France in the new year and stock up then smile

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before ~ Mae West

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#27 2012-11-19 10:55:36

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

oupsemma wrote:

Hi Marianne,
usually you find Bjorg products in organic shops in France. Try to search organic shops in London, there should be a few.
Otherwise, we could arrange something with my sister, who still lives in France, provided you're ready to pay for the postage.

Fresh and Wild and Holland and Barrett come to mind..

You're very kind to offer!

Iranon wrote:

Whenever you miss some of France's culinary delights, keep in mind the appalling excuse for a breakfast.

Porridge, sausage, egg, bacon, beans, shrooms, kidneys, black pudding, fried slice... maybe half a tomato if you're feeling health-conscious: Food for the gods. Possibly flatulent gods but still.

My friend just ate things like cheese (like a Brie but called something else), Pig slices, apples, juice and some sort of weird bio powder that he had with juice. Oh and drank milk. I guess he had a weird breakfast!

I usually had cheese and bread or nothing, or just a coffee.

CBizgreat! wrote:

Really ?

Thought da French were known for their culinary-ness ( < Just made up a new word. smile ) Ahhhh tis a weird world, Marianne smile ... didna mess up anything that can't be cleaned up. wink

So did I. I didn't eat out much, so didn't really experience it.

Good. Would hate for you to have spilled your beer in a place that would make you look like you wee'd yourself.

#28 2012-11-19 11:20:18

oupsemma
#! Junkie

Didn't know there was a mandatory 20€ to spend in that online supermarket.

I've been checking on Monoprix online and a pack of this succulent raspberry biscuits costs 2.79€ only in France!

Otherwise, my sister is coming to see me in December and she's got a 23kg baggage allowance, so enough room for Savora (http://www.amazon.com/Amora-Savora-Spic … B00171GVAO) , spelt , various organic things I miss here, crêpes from Brittany and certainly for your Bjorg biscuits.
This way, sending them to you from the UK will be less expensive. wink

PS: Life in the UK for a French native is okay now that your can find some good baguettes here!  smile

Last edited by oupsemma (2012-11-19 11:22:23)

#Linux user 482038, eeepc 901 with #!, freed 901Go with Trisquel & gNewSense,
901 with Manjaro & ArchBang

#29 2012-11-19 13:14:51

Lord Stranger
#! CrunchBanger

^ You should be able to get hold of spelt - most health food / wholefood shops have flour and some do whole grains too - I think Booths sells pearl spelt too (if there's one near you) - buckwheat flour's pretty easy to get hold of too for home made crêpes.

#30 2012-11-19 13:32:08

oupsemma
#! Junkie

^ Thanks, I know where to find spelt here, but what I really want is that: http://www.cerealbio.fr/decouvrir_gamme.php?id=2
  These galettes are very good and healthy, but you can't find them here up in The North, where there really are few organic shops.

In France, I was used to have supermarkets entirely dedicated to organic goods, not only food.

At least here, I've good mince pies!

#31 2012-11-19 13:34:54

Erinsfan
#! CrunchBanger

It is difficult living in France. The food is far better as is the service. Never found a baguette in the UK to equal France (oh, and they're called "pain" which literally translates as bread or "demi-pain" for a short one. Baguette in France is a very thin thing... closest approximation is a very skinny French stick about the girth of a broom handle.

If people would like some biscuits bringing back, that is possible but to the Midlands.

Enjoying a good !#

#32 2012-11-19 13:39:49

oupsemma
#! Junkie

^My local Morrisons is having some nice baguettes, bien longues, pas trop cuites, as I like them.
I buy them by 4, slice them and freeze them for the week.

#33 2012-11-19 16:58:01

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

oupsemma wrote:

Didn't know there was a mandatory 20€ to spend in that online supermarket.

I've been checking on Monoprix online and a pack of this succulent raspberry biscuits costs 2.79€ only in France!

Otherwise, my sister is coming to see me in December and she's got a 23kg baggage allowance, so enough room for Savora (http://www.amazon.com/Amora-Savora-Spic … B00171GVAO) , spelt , various organic things I miss here, crêpes from Brittany and certainly for your Bjorg biscuits.
This way, sending them to you from the UK will be less expensive. wink

PS: Life in the UK for a French native is okay now that your can find some good baguettes here!  smile

Wow, the Savora is very expensive!

I am sure that the Bjorg biscuits were only about 1.60 Euros a box in Carrefour.

I had a French baguette and I am sorry to say that it was a bit tasteless, needed salt. Funny because usually I find French food too salty.

Erinsfan wrote:

It is difficult living in France. The food is far better as is the service. Never found a baguette in the UK to equal France (oh, and they're called "pain" which literally translates as bread or "demi-pain" for a short one. Baguette in France is a very thin thing... closest approximation is a very skinny French stick about the girth of a broom handle.

If people would like some biscuits bringing back, that is possible but to the Midlands.

I am not sure about the service being better, I think that with all places it's pot luck. I have received both good and bad service in France in restaurants.

#34 2012-11-20 16:44:26

CBizgreat!
#! Die Hard

Lmao Marianne ... Nah ... no worries. Am used to and totally good w embarassing meself anyway. tongue

@ 36 euro's per box ... Errrr ... ya might want to reconsider the diy approach. Put your cooking hat on and release your inner pastry chef. smile

Some common cbiz abbreviations. This will save me time and yet @ same time tell folks what the babble is supposed to mean.

Vll ! = ( Viva la gnu/Linux !)    Vl#!! = ( Viva la #! !)    Last but not least, UD ... OD ! = ( Use Debian ... or die !) tongue

#35 2012-11-20 17:22:06

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

^ The world is not ready for my inner pastry chef and all of the swearing that goes with it..

..actually I am not sure how this would differ from a normal day!

#36 2012-11-20 17:55:52

Lord Stranger
#! CrunchBanger

@oupsemma - I guess you won't find them in this part of the world. We don't really have large organic shops either - usually fairly small wholefood shops (the one in Kendal used to be so small you could barely turn round in there). It's funny though, when I've been in France I've found it hard to find even small wholefood / health food shops - it was hard to get hold of brown rice or wholemeal bread - I suppose it just depends what part of the country you're in (pot luck again!). Having said that, I haven't been to France for about 7 years (I used to visit every summer) - things might be different now.
I'm quite partial to a good mince pie too - I remember hearing something on the radio years ago about a town in France where they make mince pies to an old British recipe with meat & lemon peel, apparently someone had taken the recipe over there a few hundred years ago (?) and they've carried on making them in the same way. Eccles cakes are pretty good too smile

#37 2012-11-20 18:07:47

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

I find mince pies and eccles cakes a little bit heavy and sweet.

Good lord my birds are in full tweet to "Fight for your right to parrrrtaaaayyy"

#38 2013-01-23 16:16:59

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

Did some Googling and came up with the following:

http://www.frenchclick.co.uk/p-4951-bjo … -175g.aspx

These might be a good substitute; Bonne Maman Tartelettes aux framboises:
http://www.mondizen.com/en/biscuits-/20 … 135-g.html

Don't know if the second site ships to the UK, though.

#39 2013-01-23 16:33:34

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

Thank you very much for those big_smile

#40 2013-01-23 16:52:12

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

You're very welcome.   wink

#41 2013-01-23 16:53:32

KrunchTime
#! Die Hard

You might try writing to Bjorg to get a list of retailers offering the product in London.

#42 2013-01-23 16:54:40

mariannemarlow
#! Die Hard
Website

Good idea... big_smile

Board footer