SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-18 12:22:30

Brianrh
#! Member

[SOLVED] Thunar Annoyance

When I use Thunar I usually re-size it smaller so I can have multiple versions open at the same time. If I pass the cursor over a filename the effect is to scroll right to centralise horizontally the contents in the window. Most of the filenames are then hidden. I am trying to work out if there is any logic to this happening or if it is a bug?

Is there a way of working, a setting or a fix for this as it is very annoying at times?

Thanks.

Brian

Last edited by Brianrh (2013-01-18 17:24:39)

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2013-01-18 13:37:50

schwim
#! Die Hard

Re: [SOLVED] Thunar Annoyance

hi there Brian!

After making it teeny tiny and hovering over, I can't get any activity similar to what it seems you're describing.  Could you maybe snap a before & after screenie for a better idea of what's happening to you?

#3 2013-01-18 15:16:45

Brianrh
#! Member

Hi schim

I was getting Thunar windows set up for a screen shot and found the cause/solution which is all to do with the name column width. The screenshot I took is:

xng493.png

The left window is as set up but if I hover the cursor over a filename I get what you see in the right window. The smaller the Thunar window the worse the effect. What makes this situation extreme for me is that some of the the ebook files I have have long filenames so to stop the book titles being truncated I have a wide name column width.

If I set name column width as in the screenshot below there is no problem:

vr6ogh.png

This may seem obvious to you clever types but it hadn't occured to me before.

Brian

#4 2013-01-18 16:06:21

schwim
#! Die Hard

Hey, very glad to hear you got it figured out smile

If you take a moment to edit your initial post and add a "[SOLVED]" to the title, it will help everyone know that the thread is resolved smile

Board footer