SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-17 10:40:00

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: why Linux?

For t3h freedomz. monkey

Yes; as a matter of fact, I am a cop.  Why do you ask? cool
I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#27 2013-01-17 11:00:13

mikhou
#! CrunchBanger

I started running Linux because my Windows Vista box was so sloooooooooooow.  Someone suggested that I try Linux, and for about six months I dual booted.  After wiping Windows on that machine, I never looked back.  Do I still use Windows?  Yes, on my work machine, but even my Windows experience has gotten better because of the knowledge that I have gained by using Linux.  Just using Linux has opened my eyes to a ton of possibilities.  (All of that being said, I still get VERY frustrated waiting on my Windows box to do something that #! would have done in half of the time.)

Why Crunchbang?  Well, here was my progression.  Linux Mint - Linux Mint Debian Edition - Linux Mint XFCE - Debian XFCE - #! XFCE - #! XFCE with added Fluxbox WM - #! OB.  With #! OB I have found my preferred balance between usability and lightweight.

mikhou

#28 2013-01-17 15:44:00

anonymous
The Mystery Member

intoCB wrote:

People always say stuff like "The games I like are in Windows".

When I was a kid we had different 8-bit computers and we took it for granted that not all games were available for all platforms.

That is still true with platforms today. However if (the hardcore/non-casual) gamers had to choose either Linux games or Windows games, you know which they would likely want? Windows games. Also how many Linux-exlusive games are there really? With open-source, people can choose to port it to Windows anyways!

Note: ** Please read before posting **

BTW if you wish to contact me, send me an e-mail instead of a PM.

Board footer