SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-30 14:13:10

fifas

Unrecognisible icons on tint2

Hello everyone!

I noticed that bunch of my programs (galculator, xboard, supertuxkart, recordmydesktop, xvidcap, obmenu, xscreensaver, slimconf) appears on my tint2 panel not with their unique logo icons (as it should be) but as the same not recognisible icon. Any ideas how to fix it?

http://postimage.org/image/i09qz9let/

P.S. Happy new year to all crunchbangers (and linux) users!

Last edited by fifas (2012-12-30 14:20:41)

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-12-30 16:36:33

Naik
#! Die Hard

Re: Unrecognisible icons on tint2

hey fifas,

just an imagination, but as maybe know your able the specify an icon-set in your tint2rc to be used in the taskbar.
maybe yôu took one that ins inapropriate or not able to show the specific icons?
as to this you could comment out the mentioned line or set it to a kind of standard-value.

greetz and a happy new year!

*kaum macht man es richtig, funktioniert es sofort* | my blog

#3 2012-12-30 18:43:08

whereisthetea
#! Member

There is a rather convoluted fix here:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=22741

There is even a bug report on it on tint2 bug tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/tint2/issues/detail?id=168
If I understand it right it's not tint's bug but everyone else's.  devil

Anymay away icklemay akesmay away ucklemay.

#4 2012-12-31 14:47:40

fifas

Thanks a lot for your replays. However this fix to me looks worse than the probrem itself. Anyway it is nothing serious. Just some inconvenience. This bug affects only some programs, so I thing there should be more simple fix.

#5 2012-12-31 17:02:36

ew
#! Die Hard

fifas wrote:

Hello everyone!

I noticed that bunch of my programs (galculator, xboard, supertuxkart, recordmydesktop, xvidcap, obmenu, xscreensaver, slimconf) appears on my tint2 panel not with their unique logo icons (as it should be) but as the same not recognisible icon. Any ideas how to fix it?

http://postimage.org/image/i09qz9let/

P.S. Happy new year to all crunchbangers (and linux) users!

Happy new year. Go by the default icon themes in #! and there will be no such issue. Or use XFCE-panels:)

To make tint2 work with most icon-themes, you need to manually track the iconpaths, and replace them with the icons you want tint to use. Way to much hazzle. Not worth it when XFCE panels solves everything:)

- Vacant account

#6 2013-01-01 15:46:18

fifas

Happy new year. Go by the default icon themes in #! and there will be no such issue. Or use XFCE-panels:)

To make tint2 work with most icon-themes, you need to manually track the iconpaths, and replace them with the icons you want tint to use. Way to much hazzle. Not worth it when XFCE panels solves everything:)

Thanks for help! I am not consider myself as linux newbie, but I am not expert (yet) too....:) Can you explain exactly how to began using
xfce-panels?

#7 2013-01-01 17:31:31

ew
#! Die Hard

fifas wrote:

Thanks for help! I am not consider myself as linux newbie, but I am not expert (yet) too....:) Can you explain exactly how to began using
xfce-panels?

Well, I consider myself as a newbie, so there are others that are way more suited to anser your question. Vastone for example. Try asking "how to use xfce4-panels together with #! openbox" in this thread:
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3450
and you probably will get guidance from others that are more skilled than me.

If I was to tell you how I would do it myself, then I would start by replacing "Slim" login manager, with "lightdm". Then I would install xfce4, and xfce4 goodies. Then I would reboot, or logout, and then login to the new xfce-session, and replace xfwm with openbox with this command as root.

openbox --replace & exit

Then I would still have the "old" session intact as it is by default, and a new xfce-session with openbox as the WM, and I would stick by default in the old session, and instead customize the new xfce-session.

This may not be the best approach, but it works for me. There may be easier ways to do it, so ask your question in the link below. Vastone is usually very quick to answer and much more experienced than me:)
http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=3450

If you just go ahead and try to do it my way, then I strongly advice you to backup important data and files.

- Vacant account

#8 2013-01-04 20:35:49

fifas

Thanks for you guide. But again I don't want to ''make elephant out of the fly''.
Replacing part of openbox with xfce.....Too much fuss for such small thing.
I hope soon someday will fix this bug.

#9 2013-01-05 00:14:45

ew
#! Die Hard

fifas wrote:

Thanks for you guide. But again I don't want to ''make elephant out of the fly''.
Replacing part of openbox with xfce.....Too much fuss for such small thing.
I hope soon someday will fix this bug.

Me too, and you could experiment with different icon-themes. Somehow some of them seem to work better than others, and you could do as me, replace apps that doesn`t show with the correct icon in Tint. Medit instead of Geany, and so on. There are many possible workarounds, you just have to choose yours:)

- Vacant account

Board footer