SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-30 01:35:25

slixz85

Hi. Returning #!'r

sup community? i used to use crunchbang about 3 years ago I believe. Kinda started missing it. Been within ubuntu derivatives all together for several other years ever since ubuntu faded after 9.10. debian is lookin nice though and it is obvious anyway how ubuntu came of it and all.  I have forgot alot about editing everything again though. it has been a learning experience again. My desktop is not awesome at all just messed with fonts and been trying to figure out conky a bit. i got the default and coolest other thing i have did was added a gmail email checker to it that actually works!  One question i do have though is i have seen a ton of weather scripts but i am looking for a simple simple weather checker to place on my minimal conky already it can be all text really. just a couple lines but havent came across them. i know they are simple for some but damn not me right now. i have been somewhat editing decent though alltogether not just conky.  Using waldorf 11 also and it is very nice. I have ran into NO issues so far.

p.s. not sure if a bug or something but when i like to use word wrap instead of having to scroll sideways in geany or leafpad all the time, it sucks that the program does not remember word wrap for some reason.

screenshot of my simple tint2,background,conky (default basically)
http://imagebin.org/241023 monkey have a good one pimps

Last edited by slixz85 (2012-12-30 01:56:20)

"Decide what it is you really want to do in this world, the one thing that, 150 years from now, will still cause people to exclaim, 'He was here, he did something AMAZING!' And then grab some Tostitos and go watch ESPN. That's enough self-delusional bullshit for one day."
- Buster Guru

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-12-30 02:58:11

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: Hi. Returning #!'r

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community slixz85, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | Words That Build Or Destroy

We do not run from challenges, they become new innovations within VSIDO!

#3 2012-12-30 03:06:20

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Welcome back, slixz85, and enjoy your latest foray into CrunchBang.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

#4 2012-12-30 12:32:32

fatmac
#! Die Hard

Welcome aboard/back slixz85.

Linux since 1999
Currently:  AntiX, & Crunchbang.
A good general beginners book for Linux :- http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
A good Debian read :- http://debian-handbook.info/get/now/

Board footer