Greetings and Salutations.
I'm rather new to Crunchbang and have just recently moved to Waldorf 64bit from Ubuntu 12.10 and after setting just about everything up, I now have a problem involving Wine.
Now, I have installed it, with 'apt-get install wine', and when I try to get the version, the Wine64 package tells me to install the 32bit version, with the following:
dpkg --add-architecture i386 apt-get update apt-get install wine-bin:i386
The second step is where I have a problem...
This is what I get when running the 'apt-get update':
warringer@GlaDOS:~$ sudo apt-get update Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates InRelease Ign http://dl.google.com stable InRelease Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main Sources Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates/main amd64 Packages Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy InRelease Ign http://packages.crunchbang.org waldorf InRelease Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/main Sources/DiffIndex [7,876 B] Hit http://packages.crunchbang.org waldorf Release.gpg Hit http://packages.crunchbang.org waldorf Release Hit http://packages.crunchbang.org waldorf/main Sources Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/contrib Sources/DiffIndex [7,819 B] Hit http://packages.crunchbang.org waldorf/main amd64 Packages Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/non-free Sources/DiffIndex [7,819 B] Get:4 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/main amd64 Packages/DiffIndex [7,876 B] Get:5 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/contrib amd64 Packages/DiffIndex [7,819 B] Get:6 http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy/non-free amd64 Packages/DiffIndex [7,819 B] Hit http://dl.google.com stable Release.gpg Hit http://dl.google.com stable Release Hit http://dl.google.com stable/main amd64 Packages Fetched 47.0 kB in 4s (10.5 kB/s) W: Failed to fetch http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/wheezy/updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) W: Failed to fetch http://packages.crunchbang.org/waldorf/dists/waldorf/Release Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) W: Failed to fetch http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/dists/stable/Release Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file) E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Now I hope that you can help me with resolving this problem...
Last edited by Warringer (2012-12-06 08:17:30)
No one who can help me?
(Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
Please post the output of:
Just changed to a Debian server here in Germany and enabled the sources
## CRUNCHBANG ## Compatible with Debian Wheezy, but use at your own risk. deb http://packages.crunchbang.org/waldorf waldorf main deb-src http://packages.crunchbang.org/waldorf waldorf main ## DEBIAN deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free ## DEBIAN SECURITY deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
So what happens if you apt-get update now?
What happens is in the first post, as I did the changes before trying to get wine to run.
The instructions want you to switch to 'multiarch', it seems - which is the preferred method of using 32-bit apps in 64bit environments. Have a looky-looky here: http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/HOWTO
Edit: Remember to switch to root ^
Last edited by machinebacon (2012-12-04 18:38:30)
I am doing that already. The problem is in the 'apt-get update', getting me the error in the first post...
THAT is my problem...
No you didn't do that. You entered
dpkg --add-architecture i368
but it should have been
dpkg --add-architecture i386
THAT is the problem.
Words cannot express how stupid I feel right now, at missing such a typo...
I have to see if it was the reason when I get home from work.
Okay, it worked out.
Looks like I had the 'i368' architecture loaded sometime before actually getting it done right... Was only a matter of removing that non existent architecture.
Wine works out well, through I think I need to fight a bit with wine itself to get the lobgl.1.so found by wine... >_>
I want to play Kerbal Space Program with wine. at least until Squad makes their move to Unity 4 and natively support Linux... >_>
Just a hint: there are /lib/i386-linux-gnu and /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ directories, sometimes it helps to softlink certain .so files (with caution)