SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-30 09:39:54

root2

Saving bootchart PNG

Hello there.

After playing around a bit with my #! 10 box I bootchart'ed it again to see if there are any improvements.

Doing the usual "./pybootchartgui.py /var/log/bootchart.tgz" works fine as it should and displays a valid chart. But how do I save it without using screenshot tools (and as a PNG)? The PNG viewer window just gives me options to resize/rescale the image but no saving options as far as I've seen...

Am I missing something here or might bootchart2 be an better option?

Best regards and thank you for your answers.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-12-01 03:05:11

shengchieh
#! Die Hard

Re: Saving bootchart PNG

Better option is to use GIMP.  Have openbox setting to open *.py files with GIMP.  Can someone else tell how to do this?
Alternatively open up GIMP.  Then use GIMP to open up the file.  I don't know about *tgz files.

Sheng-Chieh

#3 2012-12-03 17:39:44

root2

shengchieh wrote:

Better option is to use GIMP.  Have openbox setting to open *.py files with GIMP.  Can someone else tell how to do this?
Alternatively open up GIMP.  Then use GIMP to open up the file.  I don't know about *tgz files.

Sheng-Chieh

Thank you for your input.

But I think I just didn't quite get your point...
You think of opening the .py file with GIMP? I don't know where the py file stores the created chart. Also a search for PNG files didn't bring any results.

If I'm totally wrong please correct my thoughts on this smile

Thanks a lot.

#4 2012-12-05 04:18:53

shengchieh
#! Die Hard

Sorry I got mixed up about py files.

Can I assume you are using #! default PNG view, viewnoir?  If so, after you take a snapshot (graphics -> take screenshot) , do

file
-> open with
-> gimp

The use ctrl-shift-s to saved as whatever you want.

Sheng-Chieh

#5 2012-12-13 09:30:26

root2

shengchieh wrote:

Sorry I got mixed up about py files.

Can I assume you are using #! default PNG view, viewnoir?  If so, after you take a snapshot (graphics -> take screenshot) , do

file
-> open with
-> gimp

The use ctrl-shift-s to saved as whatever you want.

Sheng-Chieh

Thanks for replying.

I'm just being presented with a generated image file when the py script runs out. So sadly I'm not sure which viewer it starts. I try to look it up when I'm at the machine again.

I think your way of doing a screenshot would be right, if the PNG produced and displayed would fit into one screen.
In my case the image has a big height value so I have to zoom out (shrink the image) a lot to get it displayed on the screen completely. When doing that it gets almost impossible to read any text on the image. I doubt that it's readable when taking a screenshot of the zoomed image...

Best way would be to directly get the py script to store the image instead of just displaying it...

Best regards.

Board footer