SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-14 03:30:51

W.G.K

Hello World!

Dear Fellow Users,

I trust an introduction is in order. First off, as is custom to start first, my name is Will and I have used #! for a few months after a myriad of incessant never fading problems from Arch Linux. I started off with Ubuntu around the mess that was Vista, as my introduction to Linux and FOSS. As many users were, I was  put off by Unity for all obvious reasons, above all being the resources. I switch to Mint with LXDE shortly after the priors inception, but quickly began to feel with some experience under my belt I was ready for a more in depth look at my OS and it's underpinnings. This of course lead me to Arch (which I used with LXDE, Openbox was a natural progression as i felt LXDE was just Openbox with unnecessary tools). I was a content Arch user in part that I liked the system tweaks, but longed for the simplicity and ease of use with Debian that I so much enjoyed. After I accidentally forced removed glibc and broke the system (see what i did not, thinking I was self sufficient https://www.archlinux.org/news/the-lib- … a-symlink/ ), and also removed /var/run /var/lock witch I tried to update, which pacman refused to do after the remove. With my system broken, nay disintegrated  into a broken bits of arch after a reboot, I started to search for a new distro. #! attracted me with it's elegance, light resources and general familiarity with Debian. It has served me well throughout the past few months. Kudos to corenominal for creating such a kick ass distro, and to the community for being so jovial and lovely.

Sincerely,

Will K

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-11-14 03:51:12

benginm
#! Junkie

Re: Hello World!

Salutation,Will! .. glad you'e found the one & only #! .. Welcome aboard smile and thanks for flying #! with us cool , i very much hope you enjoy your stay .. keep on #!'ing !

Last edited by benginm (2012-11-14 03:52:06)

#3 2012-11-14 13:34:06

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community W.G.K., we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

#4 2012-11-15 02:37:22

W.G.K

Thank you for the replies, it is nice to be a part of such a friendly community.  smile

#5 2012-11-15 03:53:42

lcafiero
The #! Guy
Website

Welcome to CrunchBang, W.G.K., and that's some tale you tell in the original post. Hope you find a home here.

Res publica non dominetur | Larry the CrunchBang Guy speaks of the pompetous of CrunchBang

CrunchBang Forum moderator

Board footer