SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-24 08:09:10

koleoptero
#! Junkie

A couple of things.

Just did a waldorf install with the 2012-10-15 32bit PAE image and everything went well in general. I would like to point out a couple of things:

1. After installing dropbox and changing the conky to what I usually use, the startup script would get stuck at running conky. It would move on fine after killing conky. I opened and edited it and noticed that it had a group of things launched with some weird (to n00b me) syntax which launched them all with && in between. I changed that to the simpler "command &" and all works fine now. Unfortunately it didn't occur to me to keep a copy of the problematic code. hmm Perhaps it'd be a good idea to check this since it's a good bug for users that don't know how to fix it.

2. Since waldorf uses xfce4-notifyd a shortcut to xfce4-notifyd-config in the settings section of the menu makes sense.

3. What's up with the login screen? I liked the statler slim theme better hmm

That's it for now, I'll add anything else I find.

I Can't Sing

Be excellent to each other!

#2 2012-10-26 01:05:55

porkpiehat
#! Die Hard

Re: A couple of things.

koleoptero wrote:

3. What's up with the login screen? I liked the statler slim theme better hmm

If you're talking about the off-center login box, check out this thread: http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/topic … in-screen/

Corenominal changed the theme to work better with dual monitors, and because he apparently likes to change things :-) You can easily change the SLiM theme to one that you like better.

Last edited by porkpiehat (2012-10-26 01:06:31)

Crunchbang is Debian. Debian is not Ubuntu. Ubuntu ppas and random symlinks can ruin your day. Don't be this guy.

Board footer