SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-03 00:36:46

paul_j_wozniak

see-ya, .NET

Well, I'm using #! as it's the first distribution that'd run on my Gateway  LT4004u net-book.

For past projects, I'd occasionally use Microsoft Visual Basic for test fixtures. This was back in the day of VB6, and the company still have some legacy machines running it.

Then came .NET, and bye-bye, VB6. What a pile. Once again, Microsoft makes a bus by welding fifty cars together.

So now I'm teaching myself ncurses, to get the handful of buttons and option-entry boxes I need. Maybe I'll graduate to wxWidgets after a while, but really, the less headache, the better: my bread-and-butter is small, exact embedded systems.

I'd've considered mingw, but I think linux will be easier to hang my USB peripherals on, especially those from the Salvation Army.

So: I'll post, very occasionally, when some item of progress (or amusement) has occurred.

- Paul

P.S. The folks I work for don't like to share technical details on their products, so I deliberately dissemble on many subjects.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2012-09-03 01:22:50

VastOne
#! Ranger
Website

Re: see-ya, .NET

Welcome to CrunchBang and the Community paul_j_wozniak, we are glad to have you!

VSIDO | SolusOS

Words That Build Or Destroy

#3 2012-09-03 01:44:28

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Welcome to the #! Saloon, Pilgrim!

paul_j_wozniak wrote:

Microsoft makes a bus by welding fifty cars together.

This belongs on a T-shirt! cool

I understand the need to "dissemble", but I gotta ask about your name.  Any relation?

I'm a moderator here.  How are we doing?  Feedback is encouraged.

#4 2012-09-03 12:55:52

vicshrike
#! by Default

^Would be a classic t-shirt, welcome to #! and forums paul_i, hope you will like it here!

#!, all else is but a shadow.

Board footer