SEARCH

Enter your search query in the box above ^, or use the forum search tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-28 02:39:19

Kalessin

Well done.

I've wanted to switch to Linux for years.  YEARS I tell you.  Since I was downloading Slack on a 14.4 and putting it on floppies.  And I've never really gotten too far with it (which is sad, I was quite adept at dos back in the day).  Over the past 3-4 years now I've been bitten with the bug from time to time, I'll go to distrowatch and download whatever looks both aesthetically pleasing and functional, and roll with it.  Always though, SOMETHING is wrong with it that just kinda kills me, because in my heart part of me says "You're too damn busy to relearn from scratch".

But I think this distro may change that.  First one I've actually signed up for the forums on.  Now I'll admit, the dearth of posts here is a little frightening, but I have no doubt it will expand quickly.  I already have a few questions, but I'll wait a bit and see if I can't find the info before pestering you all... I did, however, want to say job well done so far with my few hours playing around.

Help fund CrunchBang, donate to the project!

#2 2008-11-28 02:55:00

arpbook
The Mac Magician
Website

Re: Well done.

hi Kalessin , and Welcome on #! smile
we are a little growing community but you will see that corenominal( the administrator/creator) always reply to your answer.
and just like you.... i never see a distro like this one !!!!
a+
arp

arpbook is dead - arpinux is born, and became a deviant.

#3 2008-11-28 04:48:56

corenominal
WRONG
Website

Re: Well done.

Hi Kalessin smile Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated!

Regarding the lack of posts around here, the forums are still quite newish, about three days old is all. Having said that, the number of posts is growing all the time and it is good to see people joining in, having some fun and helping others. Also, you may, or may not, find the old forums helpful, the address is: http://crunchbang.org/forums/

Anyhow, thanks again for you kind words, I hope too see you about smile

Board footer